***** Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) *****

Options

Comments

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I'm mad because the characters are silly and a third symbiote 5* is lazy but most of all because the puns are horrible!!!

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

I am happy of this though. There has been an increasing trend of adding recent or modern characters from comics. Sorcerer Supreme Clea, Oscorp Spider-Man, Woman Without Fear Elektra, Chasm, and technically even the immortal characters.

Feels like a good way to get an understand of the comics that come out. I even got a Woman Without Fear comic after seeing and learning of 5 star Elektra.

As for the character though. While I do find it weird, that's fine. Whether you like the character or not, it doesn't mean you need to use them. There will always be characters you don't like regardless of whether they are a joke or just someone you don't like. That's how I feel towards a lot of the MCU characters as I am not really a fan of the movies or shows.

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    So like, if you're mad because this guy is unknown -- who would you add before him?

Phoenix 5 Namor.
    Ben Reily / Scarlet Spider
    Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg
    More Age of Apocalypse versions.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    This is an online forum. Everything any one of us says is prefaced with an unwritten "this is my opinion."

I could have written something like "It is my opinion that sometimes players take certain aspects of this game too seriously, for what is, in my opinion, a relatively simple, relatively low-stakes, silly game. Of course, their opinions are perfectly valid, and one should consider every aspect of every argument as worthwhile." but that takes up a whole lot more space for something that should absolutely be understood to be stated on every post here.

There’s a way to to state your opinions without being aggressively unpleasant. You’re right, it’s a mobile game that people play on the toilet. That’s not an excuse to treat people like excrement.

• liminal_lad
    Options

@Jacklag said:

@entrailbucket said:
    So like, if you're mad because this guy is unknown -- who would you add before him?

Phoenix 5 Namor.

Mirage
    Cannonball
    Cypher
    Warlock
    Bird Boy
    The conspicuously missing Young Avengers characters
    Thunderbolts

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    “I think you're the outlier on this one -- almost everyone I know exclusively plays this game in the toilet.”

You must know a lot of people with substantial haemorrhoids by now then!

Edit: lol, just read the similar comment by @Tony_Foot XD

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,972 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@liminal_lad said:

@Jacklag said:

@entrailbucket said:

Phoenix 5 Namor.

Mirage
    Cannonball
    Cypher
    Warlock
    Bird Boy
    The conspicuously missing Young Avengers characters
    Thunderbolts

Jacklag's list has a pile of variants, and it seems like they're trying not to do as many of those.

The Young Avengers are probably on hold for the TV show that's coming soon, as are the missing Thunderbolts, for that TV show.

Are the other characters on your list really more "major" than Spider-Saurus? I'm not an expert, but I can't say I've heard of Bird Boy.

• liminal_lad
    edited June 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@liminal_lad said:

@Jacklag said:

@entrailbucket said:

Are the other characters on your list really more "major" than Spider-Saurus? I'm not an expert, but I can't say I've heard of Bird Boy.

Bird Boy was a joke. The other New Mutants have been in several comics and a movie. Far more well known than a joke character who’s had something like twelve total appearances.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I've removed a couple of posts so far - let's treat each other with proper respect and civility. We can have a discussion on the merits of characters in a game without resorting to undermining others views. Disagree by all means but we're all entitled to opinions without them being trivialised.

I'm fairly ambivalent about the character, but I'm not sure it's fair to suggest it's "lazy". I'm sure it took just a long to code and design as any other character. There's a theme going for summer, so I'd argue it's actually harder to keep finding and fitting those in than having a free choice over who is next.

FWIW we'd gone over a month without any flagged posts and I was kind of pleased with that. Who knew that a symbiotic T-Rex would ruin the streak?!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,670 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:
    I've removed a couple of posts so far - let's treat each other with proper respect and civility. We can have a discussion on the merits of characters in a game without resorting to undermining others views. Disagree by all means but we're all entitled to opinions without them being trivialised.

I'm fairly ambivalent about the character, but I'm not sure it's fair to suggest it's "lazy". I'm sure it took just a long to code and design as any other character. There's a theme going for summer, so I'd argue it's actually harder to keep finding and fitting those in than having a free choice over who is next.

FWIW we'd gone over a month without any flagged posts and I was kind of pleased with that. Who knew that a symbiotic T-Rex would ruin the streak?!

Having the Symbiote version of the character as a 5 * three times now is not very inspired in my opinion. Having a symbiotic version of a lovely shark jumped him. Wish Jeff had been a 4*. I guess we can look forward to Venom (Venom) upcoming.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@liminal_lad said:

@entrailbucket said:

@liminal_lad said:

@Jacklag said:

@entrailbucket said:

Bird Boy was a joke. The other New Mutants have been in several comics and a movie. Far more well known than a joke character who’s had something like twelve total appearances.

I had never heard of anybody on your list. I think Marvel may not want to promote the New Mutants at the moment, after Fox's total disaster of a movie. I think we got MPQ Wolfsbane around the time the movie was originally supposed to release (and then it was delayed for like 5 years).

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not a fan of the character. Really not a fan that the 5* version is the venomized version. At least have the 5* version be the popular one.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Scofie said:

Having the Symbiote version of the character as a 5 * three times now is not very inspired in my opinion. Having a symbiotic version of a lovely shark jumped him. Wish Jeff had been a 4*. I guess we can look forward to Venom (Venom) upcoming.

Here's hoping! Though I do think the game really needs a 4* Venom at some point. 😉 Perhaps with a Minecraft costume, called "Eddie Block".

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2023
    Options

They're kind of limiting their character choice options by tying the 5* release with 3* release.

I think the "Lazy" comes in with them doing 5* and 3* release just so they can reuse the same artwork.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,429 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Shocker
    Tombstone
    Omega Red
    Banshee
    Mole Man
    Hobgoblin
    Forge
    Morph
    Toad
    Blob (Classic)
    Jigsaw
    Fin Fang Foom

There's a bunch of long standing characters not in the game. But I don't rally care too much about the characters as long as they are fun to play around with.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@dianetics said:

@entrailbucket said:

Shocker
    Tombstone
    Omega Red
    Banshee
    Mole Man
    Hobgoblin
    Forge
    Morph
    Toad
    Blob (Classic)
    Jigsaw
    Fin Fang Foom

There's a bunch of long standing characters not in the game. But I don't rally care too much about the characters as long as they are fun to play around with.

I wonder if we're getting some of these as part of the X-Men 97 release later this year. I also wonder how far out BCS's character roadmap goes. I know that they have fairly detailed (non-public) information from Marvel about what's coming when, and also fairly detailed requirements about tie-ins.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jacklag said:
    I'm mad because the characters are silly and a third symbiote 5* is lazy but most of all because the puns are horrible!!!

Hey! Pun-ishers are not horrible!

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Jacklag said:

Hey! Pun-ishers are not horrible!

Prehistoric Punisher confirmed as next 5*!

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Scofie said:

"Yo Dawg, we heard you like symbiotes, so we put a symbiote on your symbiote"