***** Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) *****

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't see the problem.
    They could bring out Hello Kitty characters tomorrow, and you'd all keep playing, anyway.
    I fail to see how someone getting super powers through a bite from a radioactive spider is more believable than a Dinosaur.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Right. Nearly all superheroes Marvel, DC or others have stupid origins. The original Flash got his powers from "hard water" in something the writer came up with whilst they were eating their corn beef sandwich during lunch. It is why Stan Lee invented mutants - no more stupid origin story needed, they were born that way.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,207 Chairperson of the Boards

How dare they add this cool looking venom t-rex to promote an ongoing comic book when we're missing so many key marvel comics characters. We still don't have stilt man, lady stilt man, hell cow, golden oldie, flat man or big bertha!!! This is an outrage! Rabble rabble rabble rabble...

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,567 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    We will be here all night if we start to try and say who "deserves" things.*

My confession (which I have said here more than once) - I think Omega Red sucks donkey balls. He is a terrible character with no credible personality, ridiculous powers (what the **** is a "death spore?) and his design is embarrassingly of its time to the point where it makes Feral and Shatter star look cool. I wouldn't make him a 1*.

But people seem to love him so if we get him then good for them. It will be a Symbiote version of course but hey, ya can't have everything. 😉

• Hypno Hustler obviously being the 5* only exception

For what it's worth, I agree. For me he's emblematic of the "darker, edgier" 90s and characters like him is why I stopped reading mainstream comics. But I'm not going to do anything more than roll my eyes if he makes it into the game...

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 797 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2023

This guy gets it.

To be truly honest with this forum will pick up these 2 characters? Yes. Will I ever use them unless I have to? No.
    Sadly this can be said for a good 270 characters that are already in game.
    Would I like some characters when I were a lad I used to follow - sure , but I'm not gonna bust a blood vessel when I get another character I won't use anyway.
    Then again I only use this forum to post the inane nonsense I come up with to make myself and others giggle.
    People take themselves a bit too serious over a pass time, however, Omega Red SHOULD be in this game and I will fight all of you who say otherwise.

• Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker

@IceIX @S0kun @MPQBlaine

Hearts of Darkness - 6/29 - 7/3
    The Hunt - 7/2 - 7/6

Do we really have a one day overlap again in PvE's? And before people say something like S1 starts before S5 ends, the dates as listed for all other events show a start the same date the previous PvE ends.

6/12 - 6/15 Lost In Time
    6/15 - 6/19 Operation Spider Silk
    6/19 - 6/22 Infinite Pursuit

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

Oh! And by the way... Cute Jeff! Everyone loves him! He's so funny...
    For to watching him on your own roster. Because I didn't see him in any pvp at all. Of course. Nobody is so crazy as to play that ****.
    But I don't understand it. Everyone loved him on his thread isn't it?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,365 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    My confession (which I have said here more than once) - I think Omega Red sucks donkey balls. He is a terrible character with no credible personality, ridiculous powers (what the **** is a "death spore?) and his design is embarrassingly of its time to the point where it makes Feral and Shatter star look cool. I wouldn't make him a 1*.

I love shatterstar's design lol; I hope we get Shatterstar 5/Shatterstorm 3 here soon now that Rob is back for Deadpool: Badder Blood and just introduced Lady Shatterstar.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@Beast1970 said:
    @IceIX @S0kun @MPQBlaine

Hearts of Darkness - 6/29 - 7/3
    The Hunt - 7/2 - 7/6

Do we really have a one day overlap again in PvE's? And before people say something like S1 starts before S5 ends, the dates as listed for all other events show a start the same date the previous PvE ends.

6/12 - 6/15 Lost In Time
    6/15 - 6/19 Operation Spider Silk
    6/19 - 6/22 Infinite Pursuit

Just wish to point out how those previous events dates show as 3 and 4 days between start and end date (as if looking at just one slice/shard). But the two later date events dates are 5 and 4 days (as if looking at start of S1 and end of S5).

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 470 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023

@Bowgentle said:
    I don't see the problem.
    They could bring out Hello Kitty characters tomorrow, and you'd all keep playing, anyway.
    I fail to see how someone getting super powers through a bite from a radioactive spider is more believable than a Dinosaur.

A dinosaur who was a pterodactyl (Pter get it) who mind swiped with a T Rex through a radioactive spider bite… I’ve read better fanfic.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,004 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bad said:
    For to watching him on your own roster. Because I didn't see him in any pvp at all. Of course. Nobody is so crazy as to play that ****.

Jeff is actually pretty fun. And has a niche use as a counter for Chasm. But no one likes him because he isn't mThor or Kang level OP. I can't wait to add a few more levels to mine to troll with in Shield Sim.

• DashBC
    DashBC Posts: 27 Just Dropped In

We need an Animal-only PvP event

My money is on a boss event..

• DAZ0273

@Bad said:

I do love Jeff! That doesn't make any difference to anything. I love Iron Man too but I am not using him either.

• DAZ0273

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    We will be here all night if we start to try and say who "deserves" things.*

But people seem to love him so if we get him then good for them. It will be a Symbiote version of course but hey, ya can't have everything. 😉

For what it's worth, I agree. For me he's emblematic of the "darker, edgier" 90s and characters like him is why I stopped reading mainstream comics. But I'm not going to do anything more than roll my eyes if he makes it into the game...

The only thing he is missing is stubble. You had to have stubble to be in the super game back then. Another reason to never have him as we wouldn't be able to have a with stubble/had a shave variant. BUT...plus marks for the ponytail.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

I just read one of their comics. In one issue Spider-Rex captures Venom-Rex, but Venom-Rex planted a bomb somewhere in prehistoric Time Square.

This angers King Pen (a huge Kingpin Pig) so he works with Spider-Rex and assigns him to Doctor Octopus (an actual Octopus). Doc Ock surgerically removes Venom-Rexs face and puts it on Spider-Rex. Now as Spider-Venom-Rex, he hangs with some bad dino-goons to find where the bomb could be.

However, Venom-Rex awakens and puts on the Spider-Rex face! Now it's a who is who? Neither are Scrulls, but others have suspicion, such as Tony Bark (Dog Ironman). Somehow Gina Gershon is in this. It's a crazy good read and totally made up from my punishing mind!

• DAZ0273

They re-made Face Off with cartoon dinosaurs...

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,567 Chairperson of the Boards

Here's a key question.

Right now Spider-Rex feeds Devil Dinosaur and that's it. Are we going to get retro rewards for the new 4*, or maybe we should hold off on leveling Spider-Rex past 182?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,578 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

I think you got got.

In your defense, Punisher is pretty good at this sort of thing.

• DAZ0273

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I think you got got.

In your defense, Punisher is pretty good at this sort of thing.

I have reader weirder comic books in my defence...so...