***** Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) *****

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@SourCream said:
    https://streamable.com/hmpksz

You can fill in the blank by taking away Colossus or High Evolutionary.
    Regardless, fun team to use with many options to win.

High Evolutionary is also way, way better than everyone thought.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@ElectricVasting said:

@dianetics said:
    Wong has taught me not to pass.
    I thought he was bad, but he turned out great.

I don't want to get off-topic, but can you expand on this? Does "great" mean "great when boosted"? Or do you use him non-boosted as well?

He's WAY better than anybody thought at launch. 1/3 of the time he just immediately, passively wins the match for you. His active powers are cheap, do a ton of damage, and include damage reduction.

I took on a few at lvl672 (using very high level boosted characters), and if you leave him alone or try to kill someone else first, he'll just murder you. He can put out an insane amount of damage.

@entrailbucket i agree with your assessment on Wong. Upon release I thought he was better than most have given him credit for. But after champing him, I realised he is way better than I originally assume.

The start of ability 1/3 essentially gives you huge attack or huge defence or an ap boost. The strike tiles are especially huge. It really does change the battle a lot when it drops at battle start.

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@SourCream said:
    https://streamable.com/hmpksz

You can fill in the blank by taking away Colossus or High Evolutionary.
    Regardless, fun team to use with many options to win.

High Evolutionary is also way, way better than everyone thought.

Ya, I like the Hood-ish passive, sneaky good.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ElectricVasting said:

@dianetics said:

I don't want to get off-topic, but can you expand on this? Does "great" mean "great when boosted"? Or do you use him non-boosted as well?

I use him unboosted. Paired with kitty they work very well for a lot of nodes in PvE

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@jp1 said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    We will be here all night if we start to try and say who "deserves" things.*

My confession (which I have said here more than once) - I think Omega Red sucks donkey balls. He is a terrible character with no credible personality, ridiculous powers (what the **** is a "death spore?) and his design is embarrassingly of its time to the point where it makes Feral and Shatter star look cool. I wouldn't make him a 1*.

But people seem to love him so if we get him then good for them. It will be a Symbiote version of course but hey, ya can't have everything. 😉

• Hypno Hustler obviously being the 5* only exception

We need a dislike button. I mean to each their own, so mostly in jest, but “makes shatter star look cool” Ouch.

If O Red isn’t a 5* I’d prefer they didn’t add him at all. I would accept a symbiote version at this point though.

That was a bit mean girls of me. Sorry Shatterstar fans.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@jp1 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

My confession (which I have said here more than once) - I think Omega Red sucks donkey balls. He is a terrible character with no credible personality, ridiculous powers (what the **** is a "death spore?) and his design is embarrassingly of its time to the point where it makes Feral and Shatter star look cool. I wouldn't make him a 1*.

But people seem to love him so if we get him then good for them. It will be a Symbiote version of course but hey, ya can't have everything. 😉

We need a dislike button. I mean to each their own, so mostly in jest, but “makes shatter star look cool” Ouch.

If O Red isn’t a 5* I’d prefer they didn’t add him at all. I would accept a symbiote version at this point though.

😂 pretty good.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@jp1 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I'm sure the annual summer picnic the four of them throw will be especially eventful this year.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:

@ElectricVasting said:

@dianetics said:

I use him unboosted. Paired with kitty they work very well for a lot of nodes in PvE

I've been running Wong / Arcade in Pick 2 against any unboosted (non-Chasm) teams I find during PVP events.

It's a fun team, that hits harder than you'd expect, and Arcade helps gather even more AP to get more strikes for Wong

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@rainkingucd said:
    I've been running Wong / Arcade in Pick 2 against any unboosted (non-Chasm) teams I find during PVP events.

It's a fun team, that hits harder than you'd expect, and Arcade helps gather even more AP to get more strikes for Wong

I run Wong with basically anybody that I don't have a partner for. This is especially true for boosted 5s that I don't have partners for.

He is my slot in second when I don't want to think about a partner in pick 2. So he comes out at least once every pve now.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@dianetics said:

@ElectricVasting said:

@dianetics said:

Also wondering why people think it's good, or was it just people thought he was garbage before? I mean, I like his powers in theory, especially gaining AP for enemy matches/powers. I just don't really see any reason to use him when I have shang/mthor/kk/brb/riri/chasm/ihulk and polaris to go with em. What's the interaction with kitty?

Side note, I'd love to pull for him, but I reaaaaaaally don't want or need any jeffreys, gwenpools, or dinosaurs lol.

• ElectricVasting
    ElectricVasting Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options

Just to clarify -- the comment you quoted was about Wong, not about HEvo (dianetics uses Wong unboosted, pairs with Kitty, and also with any other unpartnered 5s). That being said, I would be interested in everyone's take on when you might use HEvo as well ...

@Seph1roth5 said:

@dianetics said:

@ElectricVasting said:

@dianetics said:

Also wondering why people think it's good, or was it just people thought he was garbage before? I mean, I like his powers in theory, especially gaining AP for enemy matches/powers. I just don't really see any reason to use him when I have shang/mthor/kk/brb/riri/chasm/ihulk and polaris to go with em. What's the interaction with kitty?

Side note, I'd love to pull for him, but I reaaaaaaally don't want or need any jeffreys, gwenpools, or dinosaurs lol.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:

@dianetics said:

@ElectricVasting said:

@dianetics said:

Wong is fantastic all by himself. None of those listed are necessary

• RealMonkeyMax
    RealMonkeyMax Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options

Need a 4* feeder soon.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just popped in to > @Borstock said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@jp1 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I'm sure the annual summer picnic the four of them throw will be especially eventful this year.

Sheds a single tear with two parallel drips on it while eating a hot dog with two parallel dogs in it, waiting for the other three fans to arrive at the picnic...

Just came to see if we had a feeder for this one yet. Looks like not quite.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Just popped in to > @Borstock said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@jp1 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Sheds a single tear with two parallel drips on it while eating a hot dog with two parallel dogs in it, waiting for the other three fans to arrive at the picnic...

Just came to see if we had a feeder for this one yet. Looks like not quite.

Too much effort.
    Gotta work on the Chasm rebalance.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2023
    Options

He's not gonna rebalance himself, that's for sure.

I'll never understand with problematic characters like this one we why can't just incrementally work on it - like just make it so he only eats 2 of your AP from a match-3 instead of all 3 as a start. See how that feels. Still good, but not an absolute shut down for basic play. Figure out where the health regen line is so that a defensive cascade of 5* match damage doesn't completely refill him to full health. There feel like a huge number of ways to make him less good without making him actively bad.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Devs were/are at SDCC so expect radio silence maybe? Although isn't new 3/5 due this week?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Surely they didn't send the actual working Devs to SDCC, but some sort of bizdev contingent from BCS, right?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

One would think so, yes.