The Guardians Have Taken Over

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:
    Was is changed? Someone reported that it was damage restricted to GotG characters.

It was changed yesterday with the DP.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

25 versus missions with Guardians, thanks a lot Devs. Guess I will be retreating a lot.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    25 versus missions with Guardians, thanks a lot Devs. Guess I will be retreating a lot.

There's a reason for all of the GOTG teams in LRs. :D

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

LRs are active. The PVP stuff has been pretty easy with those if you can get the seeds. Plus loads of people doing GOTG so not all meta match-ups.

Good tip in the notes above to wait on the TU usage. Both Tier 2 & 3 can be completed without doing TUs so wait until Tier 4 to grind those.

Outside of the grind. I've actually enjoyed this and the rewards are worthwhile. Gone from having a few dupe 4*s needing ISO to being ISO positive.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Lightning Rounds. I forget they exist mostly. Ugh. Fine if I have to.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

If you join immediately at the start of a Lightning Round, there will be as many as 11 seed teams. A few LRs should take care of this one. Easy peasy :)

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

I was possibly a bit critical of these before.
    I mean the implementation could have been a lot better but the time given to complete these are realistic enough.you dont have to spend every spare moment on it you can just pick at it

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Wolvie171 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

If you join immediately at the start of a Lightning Round, there will be as many as 11 seed teams. A few LRs should take care of this one. Easy peasy :)

Yeah I know - I have knocked out most of this and will finish on another one. Thanks to all for this.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

@dianetics said:
    They would be if each tier unlocked all at once. The unlock order is a bit...worrying. It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense how they unlock.

I think they are experimenting with quests and how they work as they take over the code base.

The 'What's New' thread for May alludes to this
    "Implemented support for multi-tier Event Quests."

So they probably wanted to take it out for a test spin and used the Guardians movie release to create 4 tiers worth of events quests to see how well it's received and how much gets completed in the timeline by the player base. From that they will be able to adjust things for the next tie-in movie/show or even create PvP season based quests etc.

KGB

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Folks, you don't need to win the PvP match for it to count. There are many, many people who snagged +0 point defensive wins against Borstock in PvP this week.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@ArchusMonk said:

You happen to have a list of Tier 3? Not the initial tasks which someone else already listed but the final 4 that come later? I’m on the initial batch of t3 and curious what awaits.

Unfortunately I didn’t write those down. From my recollection I know one of them was “use 20 team ups” which is why you want to wait until the “use 25 team ups” in tier 4 to show up, so that you only do 25 in total.

I can’t recall if there was another extra, but if so, it would have been easy and will appear before the TU one.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jimsta_rooney said:
    I was possibly a bit critical of these before.
    I mean the implementation could have been a lot better but the time given to complete these are realistic enough.you dont have to spend every spare moment on it you can just pick at it

Disagree. I think the time is not realistic. Maybe if all the Tier 1s had opened at once, I might change my mind. But the timeframe is not realistic, especially on a season break.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

The pvp tasks don't require using GOTG characters to complete them. Use any character that you want. I used Chasm/iHulk on lightning rounds and Surfer/iHulk on the Beast pvp and didn't have a single problem knocking out those tasks.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah those went fast.
    The really terrible ones were the match colours ones - mostly because they only open one after the other.
    Having those open all at one would have made this a million times easier.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ArchusMonk said:

@Xception81 said:
    Just so we have a list… Tier 4 currently has 17 quests (and maybe an extra one at the end like prior tiers):

-Fire 5AWarlock’s purple 50 times
    -Complete 40 missions
    -Fire 5Gamora’s black 50 times
    -Fire 5StarLord’s green 50 times
    -Make 100 red matches (similar to prior tiers, these color ones happen 1 at a time)
    -Make 100 blue matches
    -Make 100 green matches
    -Make 100 yellow matches
    -Make 100 black matches
    -Make 100 purple matches
    -Make 100 TU matches
    -Make 400 matches
    -Use 10 Boosts
    -Play 35 PvPs
    -Use 25 TUs (this isn’t an extra. Actually part of the 17, but it does stack with the quests from tiers 2 and 3, so wait to do those until you have all 3 tiers showing and then only waste 25 TUs, instead of doing them each separately).
    -Give 10 TeamUps to alliance
    -Deal 6M damage (used to be “to GOTG character” but I believe there was a fix that any character now works).

(Edited to add 12-17)

@Xception81 said:
    Just so we have a list… Tier 4 currently has 17 quests (and maybe an extra one at the end like prior tiers):

-Fire 5AWarlock’s purple 50 times
    -Complete 40 missions
    -Fire 5Gamora’s black 50 times
    -Fire 5StarLord’s green 50 times
    -Make 100 red matches (similar to prior tiers, these color ones happen 1 at a time)
    -Make 100 blue matches
    -Make 100 green matches
    -Make 100 yellow matches
    -Make 100 black matches
    -Make 100 purple matches
    -Make 100 TU matches
    -Make 400 matches
    -Use 10 Boosts
    -Play 35 PvPs
    -Use 25 TUs (this isn’t an extra. Actually part of the 17, but it does stack with the quests from tiers 2 and 3, so wait to do those until you have all 3 tiers showing and then only waste 25 TUs, instead of doing them each separately).
    -Give 10 TeamUps to alliance
    -Deal 6M damage (used to be “to GOTG character” but I believe there was a fix that any character now works).

(Edited to add 12-17)

You happen to have a list of Tier 3? Not the initial tasks which someone else already listed but the final 4 that come later? I’m on the initial batch of t3 and curious what awaits.

Tier 3

-Destroy 50 enemy SAP tiles(75 4* drax shards, 10k iso-8)
    -Activate Gamora(Awsome Mix 2)'s Deadly Strike power 25 times(75 4* Gamora shards, 10k iso-8)
    -Activate Rocket & Groot(Awesome Mix 2)'s Don't Push This Button power 25 times(75 4* Rocket & Groot shards, 10k iso-8)
    -Complete missions 35 times with GotG characters on your team(10k iso-8)
    -Activate Mantis(GotG)'s Oversharing power 25 times(75 4* Mantis shards, 10k iso-8)
    -Activate Star-Lord(Legendary Outlaw)'s Slight of Hand power 25 times(75 4* Star-Lord shards, 10k iso-8)
    -Activate Yondu(Awesome Mix 2)'s Ravager's Ruse power 25 times(75 4* Yondu shards, 10k iso-8)
    -Complete 10 Tier 3 quests(Guardians Prize Vault Token)
    -Make 350 matches with GotG characters on your team(2 Elite Tokens)
    -Use 10 Boosts(10k iso-8)
    -Play 30 Versus missions(2 Elite Tokens)
    -Use 20 Team-Ups(10k iso-8)
    -Give 5 Team-Ups(4 Mighty Tokens)

Hope this helps.

On a separate note, not super thrilled with the location for giving 10 tu's in tier 4. Preferred the tier 3 location. All that work and I can't compete the final tier cuz I'm not in an alliance. Weak.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@shardwick said:
    @DAZ0273 said:

The pvp tasks don't require using GOTG characters to complete them. Use any character that you want. I used Chasm/iHulk on lightning rounds and Surfer/iHulk on the Beast pvp and didn't have a single problem knocking out those tasks.

Cheers, I am past that one and now having to use the bloody Guardians powers ones!

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Seeing how extremely grindy this is, I'm curious what the metrics show for the participation in this. I can't imagine a lot of people even completing tier 1.

• Bowgentle
    Options

I'm pretty sure engagement will be high, because every casual player will work on these.
    Now, they won't FINISH, but they'll work on it.

• DAZ0273
    Options

They could have at least made it so we had to fire Gamora's blue stun sixty billion times or whatever it is and not her red. 10 red AP! And it sucks!

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

For those doing the grind, is it even fun? I have my own thoughts which I why I won't be doing any of it on purpose.