The Guardians Have Taken Over

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I never would have guessed that the rewards increased that much. I saw 250 iso and one token and decided it wasn't worth thinking about, pretty much immediately.

For whatever reason I still find it hard to get upset about this. Obviously the comparison to PvE tapping isn't completely insane, but this isn't competitive, and there's no pressure on players to complete it, in the way that PvE tapping came with competitive pressure. This stuff is just very obviously extra.

The previous devs stopped trying to do stuff like this because they realized that some of the loudest players felt like any reward that was ever offered was an obligation ("if I don't get that extra 250 iso I'll fall behind everyone else and never recover!") but I would still like to see more of this. Maybe tune it so there's more time or the effort isn't quite so crazy, but I don't hate the idea.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like the idea - I'd like to see this for the 800 or something total characters we have in game right now, 780 of which never see play.
    But roll it into regular milestones, don't put time pressure on it.

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

I’m glad this is optional. But truth be told, that’s a lot of potential ISO to earn for those of us who are still in the ISO grind. That’s a bonus week or two worth of ISO, and I could definitely use that boost, so I’ll grind some of the tedious ones out while puzzle gauntlet is still here, and then hope that I can finish the others once puzzle gauntlet is done.

My only real constructive feedback would be that it would have been awesome if the devs could have released a table of the rewards. Because then we could prioritize how important or unimportant this would be at the start of it. I would have probably played another 50+ rounds of Starlord’s PVP had I known that the rewards went this high.

Otherwise, I like the concept, just once again asking for more communication.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Good ideas with these quests but implementation needs to be relooked at. The numbers required is asking too much of a game that most people play in chunks of 15-30 mins throughout the day, sometimes less.

If it's this tedious now during a boss event weekend imagine in a few days when puzzle gauntlet and SIM goes away.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I suspect that 4* players will complete these WAY easier than 5* players simply because Grocket/Polaris is used so much in PvE etc. I'm already a long way through the tier 1 'make 100 matches in X color' quests for example.

KGB

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

@KGB said:
    I suspect that 4* players will complete these WAY easier than 5* players simply because Grocket/Polaris is used so much in PvE etc. I'm already a long way through the tier 1 'make 100 matches in X color' quests for example.

KGB

It’s somewhat strange going back to using those two. And throw in Medusa for healing and it just feels like a complete throwback to the days of “must conserve health packs and still do my best to win”.

• jbtilley
    jbtilley Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options

Is there a reason they couldn't activate all the tier 1 challenges at once and replace the challenges once you've completed every challenge in a tier?

The only result of activating the challenges one at a time is massively increasing the time it takes to do the challenges.

• JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options

Is this quest bugged? No progress is registered even after completing pvp or PvE nodes.

• meteor0905
    meteor0905 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

Token @ tier 4

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

I'm working on Tier 3 and Yondu's Ravager's Ruse seems to be bugged.

Destroy up to 7 AP in the enemy's highest AP pool, then create a strike tile of strength 70 for each AP destroyed.

I'm not sure what requirement it's looking for, but I wasn't able to fire it despite having 29 black AP. No error message, it just wouldn't fire. The AI had AP in every color. Maybe it wanted 7? I don't know.

• meteor0905
    Options

@Borstock said:

AI must have 7AP

I'm working on Tier 3 and Yondu's Ravager's Ruse seems to be bugged.

Destroy up to 7 AP in the enemy's highest AP pool, then create a strike tile of strength 70 for each AP destroyed.

I'm not sure what requirement it's looking for, but I wasn't able to fire it despite having 29 black AP. No error message, it just wouldn't fire. The AI had AP in every color. Maybe it wanted 7? I don't know.

• Borstock
    Options

That's not what the power says, though.

• meteor0905
    Options

@Borstock said:

spaghetti code ?🤷
    And I found that it doesn't work for some color in AI 7AP(I forgot maybe purple).

• Borstock
    Options

@**** said:

@Borstock said:

spaghetti code ?🤷
    And I found that it doesn't work for some color in AI 7AP(I forgot maybe purple).

The point is that it's bugged. So, on top of it being grindy for not great rewards, the power in question won't even fire reliably.

• JRYUART
    edited May 2023
    Options

Figured out the 6million damage quest not registering.

In order for the damage to count, you have to fight against a team that has a GotG affiliated character as part of the team.

Edit: the only dmg registered towards the quest is the dmg you deal to gotg characters only

Happy grinding

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If other players enjoy it, I am happy for them. It is a definite skip for me, though. Great idea, poor execution.

• PhoenixMagik
    PhoenixMagik Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options

Has anyone made it beyond tier 4? I don’t have the right covers for 2 of the 5* steps in tier 4 and am curious if later rewards would make it worth trying to get them.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I admire the patience of y'all who got to tier 4. 🫡

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There's like a million ISO in these rewards, which is kinda crazy.

• JRYUART
    Options

@PhoenixMagik said:
    Has anyone made it beyond tier 4? I don’t have the right covers for 2 of the 5* steps in tier 4 and am curious if later rewards would make it worth trying to get them.

Tier 4 is the last tier.