• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh thank god.
    Thank you for that confirmation.

• PhoenixMagik
    PhoenixMagik Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thanks @JRYUART - that means I can slow down my grind and not sweat this.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

Just so we have a list… Tier 4 currently has 17 quests (and maybe an extra one at the end like prior tiers):

-Fire 5AWarlock’s purple 50 times
    -Complete 40 missions
    -Fire 5Gamora’s black 50 times
    -Fire 5StarLord’s green 50 times
    -Make 100 red matches (similar to prior tiers, these color ones happen 1 at a time)
    -Make 100 blue matches
    -Make 100 green matches
    -Make 100 yellow matches
    -Make 100 black matches
    -Make 100 purple matches
    -Make 100 TU matches
    -Make 400 matches
    -Use 10 Boosts
    -Play 35 PvPs
    -Use 25 TUs (this isn’t an extra. Actually part of the 17, but it does stack with the quests from tiers 2 and 3, so wait to do those until you have all 3 tiers showing and then only waste 25 TUs, instead of doing them each separately).
    -Give 10 TeamUps to alliance
    -Deal 6M damage (used to be “to GOTG character” but I believe there was a fix that any character now works).

(Edited to add 12-17)

• Bowgentle
    Options

Play 35 pvp games.
    Give 10 team ups.
    Use 10 boosts.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

As others have said - good idea, badly executed.

Pros - nice variety of quests encouraging varied use of a number of characters. The rewards are as high as we've seen from quests so definitely a decent carrot.

Cons - Timing sucks - would make more sense to have active when GOTG are boosted and featured in events also. Starting while a Boss event is on and there's a day break in PVE is just ****. It's just super grindy and encouraging a weird play style. They should either have reduced the overall count required or made all quests in a tier active at one time so you're not limited to this painful match 1 color thing at 1 time.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm just gonna take everything I can get and consider it a bonus. Not going to sweat about it.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was wondering why I was seeing so many random unboosted 5* Star lord and adam warlock in beast pvp. Guess people are grinding out these tasks.

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Having seen the tier 2 and 3 lists I already decided to not bother. It's borderline return of tapping to get that done and not remotely fun or interesting.

Might not have felt so grindy if they had opened up all the 100 match ones together at the start or had them retrospective from the start. Grinding 100 red, then blue then Yellow and so on really doesn't inspire me to play the game that way.

Its > @KGB said:

I suspect that 4* players will complete these WAY easier than 5* players simply because Grocket/Polaris is used so much in PvE etc. I'm already a long way through the tier 1 'make 100 matches in X color' quests for example.

KGB

That literally makes no sense,do you think 5 star players just discard their 4 stars?

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

Would have been much better if all the quests were open at each stage.
    Things like this make me wonder if the devs actually play this game.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't know how anyone is expected to finish these without re-playing the puzzle nodes to death. Was that really the intention, here? It's wild to me they would think we would find that remotely enjoyable.

"You know what our players might find fun? Grinding the same puzzle node 350 times to fire powers for no reason other than to fire them."

• Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options

It's not worth the effort to do Guardians quest for little rewards and puzzle ops for dupes.. I rather take a break than grind for little rewards

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Jimsta_rooney said:
    Would have been much better if all the quests were open at each stage.
    Things like this make me wonder if the devs actually play this game.

Not sure they have time or will to play considering how many glitches we get these days

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

We don't know about BCS (maybe someone can ask in the Q&A), but Demiurge developers did all play the game. Only one or two ever reached the 5* tier. Most of them would reset their accounts once they started accumulating 4*, because they were focused on the user experience at lower tiers of the game.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

Having gone through a bunch of the Tier 3 ones today, it's feeling like Puzzle Gauntlet V2. You have to be selective with your team choice to help quickly fire some of the powers. Using C&D for black to fire Yondu's power, TA Hulk for green for Rocket etc

Thankfully Puzzle Gauntlet exists as the large health pools and bonus color drops makes some of the quests a little easier.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jimsta_rooney said:

@Tony_Foot said:
    Having seen the tier 2 and 3 lists I already decided to not bother. It's borderline return of tapping to get that done and not remotely fun or interesting.

Might not have felt so grindy if they had opened up all the 100 match ones together at the start or had them retrospective from the start. Grinding 100 red, then blue then Yellow and so on really doesn't inspire me to play the game that way.

Its > @KGB said:

I suspect that 4* players will complete these WAY easier than 5* players simply because Grocket/Polaris is used so much in PvE etc. I'm already a long way through the tier 1 'make 100 matches in X color' quests for example.

KGB

That literally makes no sense,do you think 5 star players just discard their 4 stars?

4* players are going to be using Rocket and Groot/Polaris in pve. 5* players will be more likely to use Hulkoye, Shang/America or BRB/Polaris.

@Punter1 I've been using Jane Thor, 5* Storm (3/5/5) plus the GOTG character that a mission is for. It really only sucked for 4* Star Lord because he was tanking purple.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:
    I don't know how anyone is expected to finish these without re-playing the puzzle nodes to death. Was that really the intention, here? It's wild to me they would think we would find that remotely enjoyable.

It is a pain. I was going to completely skip this until I saw the tier 4 rewards, and well I need ISO. So i spent the better part of my 1 day off farming this.

For getting wins its easy just hit the first pve node. Using boosts is easy.

The other stuff is a pain in the butt. It will be worse later when puzzle gauntlet dissapears this week.

I take colossus and sersi into the first node of puzzle gauntlet and they generally let me get everything done "fairly" quickly. In tier 3 for Drax I was getting his destroy ability off many times and getting 10-20 destroyed tiles per match. Mantis getting 10+ overshares each time.

Really though, if you reallistically want to complete through tier 4 you will want to do it BEFORE puzzle gauntlet finishes. Otherwise you are going to just get boned with health pack usage.

• Bowgentle
    Options

I do hope there's some Guardian PVPs lined up (wouldn't the what's new thread be great...).
    Otherwise the deal 6 million damage quest will require a lot of people Climbing with Starlord in PVP, bless them.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options

After grinding away at the same puzzle nodes all weekend I finally managed to finish tier 1, and rushed to the oh-so-special vault with my shiny new hard won token. What did I get? That's right...the useless 3* costume 🤬😭

Tier 2 looks ever so slightly easier (more tasks running parallel) so will struggle with it a bit more. I really need all the iso I can scrape together and any non-costume option from the vault would make me very happy, especially the 5* stuff.

I really hope there will be other ways to earn more tokens to that vault. I don't have the specific 5* powers, so I won't be able to complete tier 4, and I really don't want more costumes but knowing my luck that's probably all I'd get if I were able to complete tier 2 and 3.
    Fingers crossed that they'll run special events with those tokens as rewards. The vault is open for like 20 days, and the milestone quests are only 12 days... it would be nice if such info would be included in that promised Gotg schedule yet to appear.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

Tier 2 did not have to be gated behind Tier 1, all colours should have been available at the start so the match tile quests can be done together with the use power ones. I really hope that the reason they made the requirements so high is because they released it early and didn't want people to finish it in a few days and get bored.

I'm still hopeful that there will be special events released next week when the movie premieres to make these more achievable. Otherwise they really should consider slashing the numbers in half after one week so most people can catch up.