The Guardians Have Taken Over

dianetics
dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

What is it and what can we expect?

I think this is going to be a low quality vault. Probably great for the 4* tier though.

I wish there was an announcement before the in game one though.

Comments

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker

There are some quests. which have come around when there isn't a PVE open so less missions to complete the tasks with. But extra content is always appreciated, will be fine in a few days

• Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 94 Match Maker

expect new events under the Quests tab.

• Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In

Hopefully good rewards in the higher tiers. Would like to see new milestones for each season

• dianetics
    edited April 2023

There are new quests but I’m sure there is no new content. The requirements look…..too high.
    25 wins for 1 quest resolution. You need 10 for 1 token. 250 wins with a gotg toon is ultra heavy for 1 vault token.

**edit 100 red matches with a gotg on your team. This is just painful stuff

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

This would be a lot better if they hadn't launched this with 3 days of no regular PVE coming up.
    Their timing continues to baffle.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker

If anyone buys out the vault, please let us know if it resets or not. That would be good to know earlier rather than later.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker

The vault did not allow for reset.

• hygge_hound

Also, a super underwhelming way to "announce" the new 5*, but whatevs.

• hygge_hound

Er, sorry, I mean the Twitter post showing.

• Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023

Did the 25 wins (thank God for 4* Rocket) and it was replaced by make 250 matches with GotG on your team.

List so far:
    25 wins
    100 red matches
    250 matches
    Use 10 boosts
    15 versus missions
    100 blue matches

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 212 Tile Toppler

I like this type of content and the rewards are also good to decent. This is a good middle ground between anniversary and fools gold vaults.

It is a good thing there is a boss event running otherwise I am not sure where I would be using gotg characters to meet all the requirements.

• dianetics

It’s a **** vault as I suspected. If you want Gamora go for it, if not pass and hope forn4* covers

• Bowgentle
    edited April 2023

@Codex said:
    I like this type of content and the rewards are also good to decent. This is a good middle ground between anniversary and fools gold vaults.

It is a good thing there is a boss event running otherwise I am not sure where I would be using gotg characters to meet all the requirements.

I mean.
    They COULD have rolled this out 3 days ago - when we had a Guardian PVP.
    But that would have made sense.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker

I’m guessing it’s WAY more related to the fact that the movie comes out next week, as opposed to anything happening in the game itself. A two week vault with one week lead up to the movie to hype it some (not that it needs hype necessarily), and then one week overlap while it’s still “new” in the theater.

• Bowgentle

Of course it's to promote the movie, but there was nothing stopping them from planning around the release date, which was known for months.

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 105 Tile Toppler

Well there is the puzzle ops. For the AP gathering I use Chasm (to slow down the opposing team and take hits), Kang (to keep your own AP) and a random GOTG, The nodes are re-playable even if all rewards are taken, and the 0-value runs still count.

• dianetics
    edited April 2023

Puzzle ops is for the radio nothing to do with guardians.
    Once you have a 3* there is almost no incentive to compete the event. Your chance at getting an improved support is 1/10…

So if all your supports are level 3 you will increase 1 at least 1 level per year.

It is the absolute worst progression system in any live game I have ever seen. You can’t even buy into the top tier. You have to wait for rng.

There are over 50 team ups. 12 per year have a chance to level up. If you want to target 1 specific team up you have a chance to level 1 time every four years.

Don’t even try to act like puzzle ops is any sort of solution to the team up problem.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards

I believe you mean 'Supports' and not 'team ups' with regards to what you wrote.

My understanding is that Puzzle Ops is for newer players to get access to Supports. Not everyone is a vet like us with most supports already at R3+. You are totally correct that if you already have all Supports at R3 there is little for you in the event unless you get lucky.

Pocket Radio was actually one of the few I don't have at R3 so I was happy to complete this one. I only pulled a R3 with my 2 tokens but that still meant I got something from doing it.

KGB

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor

@dianetics said:
    Puzzle ops is for the radio nothing to do with guardians.
    Once you have a 3* there is almost no incentive to compete the event. Your chance at getting an improved support is 1/10…

So if all your supports are level 3 you will increase 1 at least 1 level per year.

It is the absolute worst progression system in any live game I have ever seen. You can’t even buy into the top tier. You have to wait for rng.

There are over 50 team ups. 12 per year have a chance to level up. If you want to target 1 specific team up you have a chance to level 1 time every four years.

Don’t even try to act like puzzle ops is any sort of solution to the team up problem.

I think stef_focus is mentioning puzzle ops as an opportunity to work on your event goals (missions with GotG characters, red matches with GotG characters). They can be replayed ad infinitum.

And I lucked out and got a 5* support this time. I concur it's a very small chance and there should be a better way. But maybe the upcoming(?) support shards might be the solution.

• dianetics
    edited April 2023

Yeah @Dogface I guess that makes some sense, but puzzle ops nodes take forever with unoptimized heroes.
    To get 25+ GotG wins or the red or whatever is going to end up with 30 minutes to 1 hour of extra play for a TRASH TIER vault. There is no actual incentive to do it unless you are 4* player looking for Rocket or Mantis covers.