Updated 7 Day PVE Event Rewards

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,205 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sub 1's 3* kang node says it only has the one wave in it, it's one of those kind where there is a single wave with 7 enemies or whatever. I wonder if that's part of it?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah after getting hit with the Kang wave bug on sub 2 now, I'm on team KILL IT WITH FIRE.
    I think the only way this rollout could have been any worse would be if they turned into a Heroic.
    And still no word here.
    Amazing.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Truth be told this isn't enjoyable. I was looking forward to a new CN and modern 7 day event. I know Kang is essential but we didn't need to actually travel back in time! I guess I will play a bit more but I'm tempted to ditch which will be painful on day 3 but eh.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Yeah after getting hit with the Kang wave bug on sub 2 now, I'm on team KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Same. Also having to take essentially an hour between grind and clear.

I think the only way this rollout could have been any worse would be if they turned into a Heroic.

Only allowing us to use Dark Avengers. And 3* Kang. And 2* Wolvie.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,993 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe the solution is to temporarily roster a 2nd Kang minus his Blue power so the auto check isn't done.

KGB

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 613 Critical Contributor
    Options

From what we have been able to work out, the passives are what are triggering the premature end of waves.
    So those wanting a Heroic - we got your restricted roster right here.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:
    From what we have been able to work out, the passives are what are triggering the premature end of waves.
    So those wanting a Heroic - we got your restricted roster right here.

Wait...so are we saying that Kang is getting rid of stuff too quickly or one might say suffering from premature...uhm...never mind...😬🤐

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

This was addressed by Devpool on discord (I know, I know). The Kang problem will require a fix to Kang, perhaps a hot fix, perhaps rebuilt. The other problems will be addressed in future runs.

*edit - compensation will be forthcoming.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    This was addressed by Devpool on discord (I know, I know). The Kang problem will require a fix to Kang, perhaps a hot fix, perhaps rebuilt. The other problems will be addressed in future runs.

They need to rebuild Chasm before Kang

Maybe they can code Kang's blue to operate like DP's Whales on wave nodes

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    Maybe the solution is to temporarily roster a 2nd Kang minus his Blue power so the auto check isn't done.

KGB

I'm going to try this tomorrow. My slice flips at 2 AM EST and I just recruited a 3* Kang just with purple.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options

Does the main 3-wave node stay or go after sub 1 is over?

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@KGB said:

KGB

I'm going to try this tomorrow. My slice flips at 2 AM EST and I just recruited a 3* Kang just with purple.

Because of work and the glitch and other things, I’m not even trying for placement in this event. I created single purple cover Kang, and got through all 5 waves without him ending the battle. So that part is now proven (although it sounds like they’re confirming it’s a known issue now and will require a fix).

• bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Codex said:
    Does the main 3-wave node stay or go after sub 1 is over?

It will disappear at end of sub 1.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

My god this is miserable. I am trying to keep a positive attitude but this experience is super unpleasant.

Five more days...

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@KGB said:

KGB

I had the same idea. Am I right in thinking that Kang doesn't do his thing as long as we don't use AOE powers?

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Lol, thought I could avoid Kang’s bug on wave nodes by not firing anything from him, but it of course just nerfed points for me. This game…

Anyone find out how to not lose out on points or is it arbitrary?

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Glockoma said:
    Lol, thought I could avoid Kang’s bug on wave nodes by not firing anything from him, but it of course just nerfed points for me. This game…

Anyone find out how to not lose out on points or is it arbitrary?

Don’t use characters with passives that can fire at the start of a turn or countdown/repeater tiles that can deal damage or cause cascades at the start of a turn.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Unfortunately the Kang fix won't happen until we release a new build so don't expect to see a fix this week. Stay tuned for official word from us once we've determined an appropriate plan of attack.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 773 Critical Contributor
    Options

Hopefully a suitable compensation plan will be given . Day 1 was not a problem but day 2 I’ve had 2 wave events end on wave 3 of 5,

Iron man was shocked and Fury too, not as much as me!!

Thankfully it seems to affect most people so I’m still top 50 at the moment

Can’t wait to see what day 3 throws at us