Updated 7 Day PVE Event Rewards

Options

Comments

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@toecutter3095 said:
    I haven't been around long enough to play this before, but 3Kang issue aside, I like it. Don't really see the issue with 1 event being 7 days long versus 2 different events being in the same time-span.

I wonder if the logic was using the double rewards for a new character so that people could get it covered faster. I mean, sure -- you could just have the same character be rewards in two consecutive events, but that's not something that's typically been done before.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023
    Options

The Kang bug is annoying but the really annoying bit is the extra bunch of clears and leveling of the easy nodes along with fewer total points being available. SCL10 usually has enough points that non optimal play still gets you well over 1.25x progression. Which I think is fair given the massive healthpools you face. Adding an extra clear means more time and getting fewer points means a greater chance of missing out on max rewards. Hope they factor that in when they come with the compensation.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Confirmed that Profe$$or X and 5* Phoenix will clear one of those nodes without kang ending early if anyone still needs a team for it.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

I threw in the towel.

Came back for the nostalgia; gave up for the heavy dose of it.

As an og player, this was sobering experience to why I stop playing:

-The bugs are much more influential in the game. There were some oddities that we all found work-arounds in the long, long ago, but nothing of this magnitude that could cost you losing placement etc. (Looking at you Kang)

• I can’t believe we went through years as SCL9 players (before SCL10 came out) playing the 4/3 model. Wow is it time consuming. I guess I did enjoy the game much more in those days.

• The passive game leaves much to be desired. If I truly wanted to spend a few hours a day watching a game play, I’ll just grab a brew and throw on Twitch.

Anyway, I did look forward to the 7-day Enemy of the State, but meh. Good luck to the rest of the folks grinding it out. I’ll pour one out for ya.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Remember that SCL9 is easier, so there are more clears, but the matches are faster. Although, I don't remember the timing of the fast metas relative to before SCL10.

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    edited March 2023
    Options

I effectively gave up on this event, playing just a few nodes a day. Too much work for too little reward (ie. too few points for completing a node which requires more time/effort than usual for SCL10), and the Kang problem was only part of it.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

I thought this was known since sub 1, and the dev can only roll out fixes after EotS ends.

SCL 10 Players are getting better rewards though. It's not like all progression and placement rewards are exactly the same from 8 - 10.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2023
    Options

While odd, it’s not like we can drop down to 9 or have people in 9 jump up on the last day to snipe placement. As long as all CL10 players are getting points relative to each other every node could be worth 5pts per clear and it won’t affect placement relative to your pool of competitors. The danger becomes if the progression totals are somehow out of whack with the available points within the subs I suppose.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    While odd, it’s not like we can drop down to 9 or have people in 9 jump up on the last day to snipe placement. As long as all CL10 players are getting points relative to each other every node could be worth 5pts per clear and it won’t affect placement relative to your pool of competitors. The danger becomes if the progression totals are somehow out of whack with the available points within the subs I suppose.

It also affects alliance placement in weird ways, which is relevant to those of us playing high end PVE.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options

Yes, because the overall points are greater in CL9 and CL8 than in CL10, alliances composed of CL9/CL8 players that normally don't appear at the top of the team leaderboard could place higher than alliances with CL10 players

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Scl10 rewards on progression:
    4 MT, iso, iso, 2 kang 3*, iso, 2 baku, iso, riso, 100 wong shards, iso, 4 HT, iso, 100 baku shards, iso, 2 baku, iso, 155 HP, 150 wong shards, iso, 500 baku shards, riso, iso, 26 cps, 500 baku shards, iso, iso, 2 EoS token, iso, 155 HP, 250 wong shards, riso, 48 cps, and 500 baku shards.
    For placement double riri shards and deathlok.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Ah, yes in that case that is no good. I often forget people have effective alliances and aren’t largely playing solo. Carry on.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

So, the point is more compensation for them.

• Borstock
    Options

@Wolvie171 said:
    Yes, because the overall points are greater in CL9 and CL8 than in CL10, alliances composed of CL9/CL8 players that normally don't appear at the top of the team leaderboard could place higher than alliances with CL10 players

Not only that, but competitive alliances with players who compete in later slices could have dropped down after learning of the points differences from early slice players.

• Bowgentle
    edited March 2023
    Options

Yeah it just hammers home the point that this really should have been restarted.
    Or, you know, looked at before rolling it out.

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

I haven't seen the different tokens mentioned yet (although I could have missed it)
    It looks like we have both an Enemy of the State Vault and Enemy of the State Packs. And some of the tokens go to the vault and others to the pack. Just to add to the list of things to fix in the next run.

• Bowgentle
    edited March 2023
    Options

The extra store is new - they re-opened that so that the old tokens don't look TOO stupid.
    Check out the odds, 15x for 4* iceman.
    This is an ANCIENT store.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Dev reply from reddit:

"Hahahah, hope you take payment in ISO :D

Thanks for the sentiment. Tough, yes, but it's all sort of been tough. For almost a year now we've been working to bring more to this game and the community has been there for us every step of the way, even when some of those steps have been small or even backward. We're on a mission to take these events that have been shelved for years and get them back in rotation. While I don't think this opening will go down in the books as a success, it is a first step in bringing more variety to play and is laying the foundations for building brand new events on the horizon.

Thanks for playing, thanks for the feedback, and thanks for talking about MPQ!"

Second reply:
    "Current implementation seems to be carried over from the last time this event was run. We'll factor this into updates and fixes."

It's a shame all the expert coders didn't join BCS. Maybe they could start a recruitment drive from this forum to ensure perfect execution of codes? B)

• Borstock
    edited March 2023
    Options

I like the sentiment, if not the most recent execution.