Updated 7 Day PVE Event Rewards

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Probably just another f2p fighting for a world without greedy devs, devs worshippers, censoring mods, and probably top players whales ruining their rightfully all free experience.
    I only miss the "this is a major slap in the face " part, but probably soon it will come.
    I thought this was already a mature forum, but you always get surprises! :D

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,131 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@sokun - it would be good to get some assessment of the data after the event if possible. What did you see?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Their data collection gave up after getting full personal prog.

• Bowgentle
    Options

So, compensation?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@hygge_hound said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    I'm not sure why you continue to play where you're unhappy with the dev. For the last 5 months or so, most of your comments are about criticising the dev team. Why continue playing a game where the dev has continued to let you down with no sign of improvements?

I mean, 100% of your comments are very slurpy if you know what I mean. Like... comically, predictably defensive of the devs.

I guess because I don't care what they think of me, I'm not brown nosing up to "anyone," I'm free to speak my mind. They get paid to do a job that, since Day 1, has been a very unfunny comedy of errors. I definitely dont expect perfection. However, going an event or two without a screw-up seems like a realistic goal. They don't get endless pats on the back for not being able to successfully do their job. It's clear they have their favorites among players, why some players and alliances get away with cheating despite BCS being provided visual evidence of cheating, and the constant barrage of glitches (except for the daily offers! those are always 100% on time!), yeah I'm very fed up.

And no I'm not some F2P casual, Bad. I've spent thousands on this game, very very sad to say. I spent $80 today, in point of fact. And for that money, I'd like the people who develop this game to do their jobs well, and create a fair play space. And as to why I keep playing, well, the sunk cost fallacy is real.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why not try taking a break? There's a reason it's the "sunk cost fallacy" and not the "sunk cost axiom." Whatever money we've all spent, it's gone forever -- spending on f2p games is flushing money down the toilet. Why compound it by playing a game that's no fun?

I've been playing this game a really long time and I've seen a LOT of friends burn out and lose the enjoyment they used to have. I always encourage them to step away for awhile and see if they actually miss it. Some come back and some don't, but resetting perspective is really helpful. Plus, any time you miss can be made up pretty quickly these days.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@hygge_hound said:

It's clear they have their favorites among players, why some players and alliances get away with cheating despite BCS being provided visual evidence of cheating, and the constant barrage of glitches (except for the daily offers! those are always 100% on time!), yeah I'm very fed up.

And no I'm not some F2P casual, Bad. I've spent thousands on this game, very very sad to say. I spent $80 today, in point of fact. And for that money, I'd like the people who develop this game to do their jobs well, and create a fair play space. And as to why I keep playing, well, the sunk cost fallacy is real.

Well, you are pointing out facts and making it sound like it was the unavoidable truth.
    Cheating issues usually take some time to investigate, and even it could happen that the supposedly cheater actually is not. All that is another whole topic.
    No, for that money you don't have rights to anything. That money you spent is because you wanted, and it was in exchange of a service which probably gave you compensations.
    As you know, the former devs jumped out and the current ones are taking effort on continue developing it right. Without them the game certainly would shut down.
    I'd wish they never commited any fail, but they compensate for it and they heard what we say.
    So between no game and cheering new devs, I'd rather do the last option.
    Also imo they are working pretty good.

• Scofie
    Options

Did I miss the compensation announcement? 😉

• Bowgentle
    edited March 2023
    Options

It's only been a week since EOTS ended.
    Don't you know these things take TIME?
    Players are so impatient, poor devs can't keep up!
    All that valuable data they need to interpret.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Lol.
    Yeah that's what I was going for.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

It shouldn't take 7 days to evaluate this. it was broken on day 1!

• Bowgentle
    edited March 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bowgentle said:

You have to understand.
    All the demands from "the players".

Also, where's that Kang wave node fix.
    Allegedly it was "in QA", wonder if it'll be in the new version that is supposed to be out today.
    It's been two weeks.

• Scofie
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bowgentle said:

You have to understand.

Allegedly it was "in QA", wonder if it'll be in the new version that is supposed to be out today.
    It's been two weeks.

The Kang wave node was fixed already. I used him in Lost in Time on the wave nodes a few times. Even chanced it at the end of the first wave, and it was fine.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Oh cool. I didn't dare haha.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bowgentle said:

You have to understand.

It's been two weeks.

I noticed how quick they fixed Kang sending sub-bosses Away. Even during sub 2 of FFW, you cannot send Ultron Away

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

It's because all these events happened after the EotS has ended. And they've publicly mentioned the fixes are out but they can only deploy them after EotS ends.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That was a ton of stuff they provided. 6 Heroic tokens, 3 Mighty, 10? boss fight tokens and shards for RiRi and Deathlok. More than I expected.

• Bowgentle
    Options

No CP.
    No HP.
    No idea why they gave out a full Riri cover?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

150 Riri Shards
    500 Deathlok Shards
    3* Dr Doom cover x 1
    Might tokens x 4
    Heroic tokens x 6
    Boss tokens x 10