Updated 7 Day PVE Event Rewards

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Yeah, it "seems" like nothing was done to the event structure since it last ran.
    So did they try to code changes, and they didn't take, or did they just forget to touch it?
    The second reply is a bit snarky for completely bungling this run.
    I mean, I have no problem with the devs being snarky, we do it too.
    It's just maybe not a good look when the error is completely on their side.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Sp1d3r said:
    I hate this event and no boss event as scheduled

Boss Event shows as Monday on the calendar?

Yeah they've changed it originally it was scheduled for the 2nd (thursday) as usual... why would they do it on a Monday? In England 1 of our time slots on boss events is 1am-9am I start work at 5:15 so have to do my round before work it's not too bad when it's only a Friday but all week??

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Sp1d3r said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Sp1d3r said:
    I hate this event and no boss event as scheduled

Boss Event shows as Monday on the calendar?

Yeah they've changed it originally it was scheduled for the 2nd (thursday) as usual... why would they do it on a Monday? In England 1 of our time slots on boss events is 1am-9am I start work at 5:15 so have to do my round before work it's not too bad when it's only a Friday but all week??

I'm with you matey. I hate Monday Boss Events being England based also and suffering as you do.

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Dev reply from reddit:

Second reply:
    "Current implementation seems to be carried over from the last time this event was run. We'll factor this into updates and fixes."

It's a shame all the expert coders didn't join BCS. Maybe they could start a recruitment drive from this forum to ensure perfect execution of codes? B)

I think dusting off the event and testing it before releasing it is all that would have been necessary to see it was not up to par. No need to run it until it was fixed.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

LOVE Monday boss events! Please keep them coming! Gives more time back for busy work week.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Borstock said:

@Wolvie171 said:
    Yes, because the overall points are greater in CL9 and CL8 than in CL10, alliances composed of CL9/CL8 players that normally don't appear at the top of the team leaderboard could place higher than alliances with CL10 players

Not only that, but competitive alliances with players who compete in later slices could have dropped down after learning of the points differences from early slice players.

That would be idiotic since the progression rewards for cl10 are far more valuable than top10 alliance rewards.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 262 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bubba3210 said:

I think dusting off the event and testing it before releasing it is all that would have been necessary to see it was not up to par. No need to run it until it was fixed.

There was a comment on Discord stating something to extend of: the testing QA environment they inherited from Demi is not the exact same as the Live game and sometimes things look good in QA and then go wrong when it’s pushed live.

No specific mention if that is what happened for EOTS though.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@Borstock said:

@Wolvie171 said:
    Yes, because the overall points are greater in CL9 and CL8 than in CL10, alliances composed of CL9/CL8 players that normally don't appear at the top of the team leaderboard could place higher than alliances with CL10 players

Not only that, but competitive alliances with players who compete in later slices could have dropped down after learning of the points differences from early slice players.

That would be idiotic since the progression rewards for cl10 are far more valuable than top10 alliance rewards.

Also makes no sense - what good are t10 alliance rewards to you if you're not in CL10?
    Assuming 9 and 8 don't get an LT, I actually have no idea of the rewards in those CLs.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Zarqa said:

@Bubba3210 said:

There was a comment on Discord stating something to extend of: the testing QA environment they inherited from Demi is not the exact same as the Live game and sometimes things look good in QA and then go wrong when it’s pushed live.

No specific mention if that is what happened for EOTS though.

I can see that. I work in HR. When we test things in SBX, it looks good, but sometimes when we push it to PROD, it's not working as intended.

However, since we know that can happen we immediately have backup plans to fix it before it affects any employees. With this company, it looks like they roll it out and leave for the weekend for us to tell them if things are working.

As much as I loved to see all the positives they've accomplished last year, this year they don't act any differently than the previous team. They had the players on their side, but lately been slowly throwing that away.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Wolvie171 said:

Maybe this is an over reaction? Top 10 alliances seems to be the same as it always been, EotS vs any other PvE.

Are you advocating for top 11-100 alliances?

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

Not looking forward to a Monday boss event after this week of slogging through waves of ninjas

I’m not on nights so can’t sneak the 1am uk time in

Oh well hopefully the compensation for this week will cheer us up:) when we get it of course

• Bowgentle
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    Not looking forward to a Monday boss event after this week of slogging through waves of ninjas

I’m not on nights so can’t sneak the 1am uk time in

Oh well hopefully the compensation for this week will cheer us up:) when we get it of course

Maybe we'll be back to Demiurge: two event tokens, 5000 ISO, 200 HP.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@Borstock said:

@Wolvie171 said:

It's called bragging rights. When you have a bunch of 550's and are coasting, anyway, it's all some people have.

It's also the only real way to tangibly aid your alliance mates in PvE. Some people actually care about that more than a few rewards that don't make a huge difference relative to a 7+ year old roster.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Actually 7 days events were demanded by many people and quite a lot of times so BCS had a beautiful detail bringing them back.
    However these events are old, really old. The last time they ran were before scl10, almost 4 years.
    Probably few people clearly remember how old they are, so devs don't have all the blame, imo.
    The rage will be forgotten after the compensations, and if they have learned useful data then everything is ok, I find really interesting they are suddenly concerning about pves.
    Because the game desperately needs fresh pves not repeated literally thousands of times.
    Even a boring PvE like EotS felt like something similar to a small change, for once.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't think testing/rolling out HR program and testing live game is the same. For your organisation, chances are your employeez are using the same/similar devices owned by your company, and access control has already been determined by your IT in charge. Timezone wise, everyone is likely to be working similar hours, so implementing rollback/backup is easier. If implementing backup plan for changes is as easy as rolling out HR program, other (major) game developers won't be facing similar problems as BCS or Demiurge.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I've got a lot of time for our new overlords as they have really injected some new life back into the game with the changes introduced since they took over and they are making all the right noises for plans going forward. It would appear that there was a lack of understanding on just how much of a mess the coding on this event was for SCL 10 which has resulted in this very poor showing for those of us playing at that level.

However, that good grace doesn't mean they avoid the blame for dropping the ball. It is their game after all and there are obvious SCL10 elements missing that should have been spotted instantly in testing - mainly, where the heck is our challenge node?

The kang/wave issues are one of those bugs that are just inevitable with how new powers are being coded. It does seem that the new devs have some brilliant designs for new powers, but due to the existing mess of code then there are some teething issues. lets be fair to them though, most of these things get fixed pretty damn quick and the compensation is more than fair.

I think really we need to judge the next returning PVE before we riot, a d lets hope that lessons are learned and we all have lots of fun hunting that hulk down...

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Demiurge made the right choice by not reviving them. The worst reaction they got was players wondering why 7 days pves were not being runned or how pves were stale. BCS wanted to please the players and they ended up getting stomped on, and players are losing faith in them. Soon, the criticism against Demiurge will be repeated, except it'll done againt BCS. Look out for more comments about how BCS is incompetent in the future.