Updated 7 Day PVE Event Rewards

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@shardwick said:

@MrPlow said:
    Having to do 4+3 clears along with the long wave nodes in SCL10 is such a grind. I couldn't even finish the last 3 clears in the hour I allotted.

I gave myself an hour and 15 minutes and thought it was too much time and I ended up finishing with about six or seven minutes left and finished the first sub in third place overall. Then naturally I got screwed over by the bug pretty much right from the start of sub 2 so bye bye decent placement.

Wait what that's crazy.
    Sub 1 end grind shouldn't have taken longer than 45 minutes tops.

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options

Yea it was definitely a pain in the behind to say the least. I had time to complete them too, but didn't because I didn't know I needed to...Hopefully they run the event again so I can give it a go knowing what to actually do.

Hopefully they fix it and convert to scl 10 standards of 3/2 before the next run.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@shardwick said:

@MrPlow said:
    Having to do 4+3 clears along with the long wave nodes in SCL10 is such a grind. I couldn't even finish the last 3 clears in the hour I allotted.

I gave myself an hour and 15 minutes and thought it was too much time and I ended up finishing with about six or seven minutes left and finished the first sub in third place overall. Then naturally I got screwed over by the bug pretty much right from the start of sub 2 so bye bye decent placement.

Wait what that's crazy.
    Sub 1 end grind shouldn't have taken longer than 45 minutes tops.

On the first sub, I got my end clears done in 32 minutes. Didn't help me much, since my work schedule changed and I can't play optimally, anymore.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah I did about 35, but we're not the average PVE guys, so I lowballed that.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    From dev in reddit:

"What a pain! ... Thanks for collaborating and struggling through it and we'll factor this into our thinking concerning compensation for you."

Lol, wait what? They 'think' about compensating us based on how nice we are to them when they massively screw up a week's worth of play?

How about you compensate us fairly for your mistake, and not how much we tell you we love and appreciate you.

Just give everyone T10 placement rewards for their scl, and full prog rewards, and let those who still want to fudge around with this event do so, and those who don't can peace out of it.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Op> @dianetics said:

Boosted Strange and boosted Wong is the secret sauce for the wave nodes.

RiRi and SheThor are alright as well.

SheThor doesn't work 100% of the time. She won me a 4-wave on wave 1 just now. Ugh.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    That's not how the sentence reads, but if you want to move words around to get angry I guess.

I don't need to move any words around to get angry. The way this mess is being handled is enough to do that, and still 4 more days to go.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

I’m looking forward to the next time you run this event, it’s a challenge with all the wave nodes,

Such a shame this one has so many bugs , I’m hanging in there top 50 at the moment, might have been top 10 if the wave nodes were working properly

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's the first time I see a hater talking about love :D

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options

For some reason I have two post event Enemy of the State tokens.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

I hate this event and no boss event as scheduled

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Sp1d3r said:
    I hate this event and no boss event as scheduled

Boss Event shows as Monday on the calendar?

• Bowgentle
    Options

@MrPlow said:
    For some reason I have two post event Enemy of the State tokens.

Yeah the prog reward tokens are for a vault from the last run, I guess from 2019 or something.
    I'm not even surprised anymore at this point.

• jbtilley
    jbtilley Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options

What a disaster of an event. It's obvious no testing was done at cl10.

The Kang bug has ruined placement and may even affect people's ability to complete progression.

Clear times are double in cl10. The rewards don't reflect that.

It's a good thing there's not a concurrent boss event. The first time there was a boss event at the same time as a PvE event people complained that the time commitment was too much. A boss event on top of this particular PvE event would be insult to injury.

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

It is great to see a 7 day event again, although I think it should have been made clear up front that this was being released without any updates or testing. The player base are essentially doing the testing. I think I would have been okay with that if it had been explained like this from the start although still a bit odd that they have released it like this.

From a personal perspective I am currently in the top 10 (normally ranked around 20th). I know I am lucky to be there and I am very grateful to the forum contributors for their comments which have allowed me to avoid the Kang bug (so far).

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options

Kang’s passive bug is a blessing and a curse. I’m out of the waves faster because of the bugs. It’s great to be done earlier but losing points is not the way to do it. Kang should give all points if he marks it as a win.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think the 5E ridiculous low points might be the biggest thing for me. Without a Challenge Node too the points for progression feel dicey. Losing some of the Kang clear points as well. Ugh.