Updated 7 Day PVE Event Rewards

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited February 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Technically not actually updated, but it came to our attention that there has never been a 7-Day PVE event run since SCL10 has come out, so the player base isn't aware of the overall reward schedule. So, let's remedy that! Here's the reward schedule for 7-day events.

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The placement rewards aren't consistent in being doubled across the board. 5* shards, 4* covers and shards should be doubled but they aren't.

quick example: t20 placement in cl10:

4 day event: 100 5* shards, 2 4* covers and 150 4* shards
    7 day event: 100 5* shards, 2 4* covers and 150 4* shards

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sweet. Next question

When's the next 7 day pve event?

• IceIX
    Options

@DyingLegend said:
    Sweet. Next question

When's the next 7 day pve event?

Enemy of the State, coming up on the 27th!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

@shardwick said:
    The placement rewards aren't consistent in being doubled across the board. 5* shards, 4* covers and shards should be doubled but they aren't.

I was about to comment the same. I'm happy the progression rewards are double but the same should be for placement. It's a slog trying to maintain your placement during a 7 day event.

It feels like players who play the entire 7 day duration are being punished because of late joiners that could earn higher placement for less days.

Other than the need to correct placement rewards, the progression rewards having 7 4* covers is very awesome for a new character. I would be open to having a 7-day for new characters

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

The placement reward structure does not make a lot of sense. Since, this is essentially 2 PvE's.
    Looking at each tier in the t100:
    The red ISO rewards are all over the place?
    As mentioned cover and shard rewards are the same as a 3 day event.
    Token rewards are doubled which is consistent.

I guess it does make some sense since a boss event will be running during the same period though.

• shardwick
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@shardwick said:

I was about to comment the same. I'm happy the progression rewards are double but the same should be for placement. It's a slog trying to maintain your placement during a 7 day event.

It feels like players who play the entire 7 day duration are being punished because of late joiners that could earn higher placement for less days.

I actually really like the 7 day events because it's more of a marathon. If you screw up early on then you still have time to recover versus if you screw up in a competitive 3 day event then say goodbye to decent placement. And honestly the only really bad part of a 7 day event for me is probably in the first few days because everyone is playing super competitively, but by day four things tend to get a bit more relaxed. Also, as someone that used to chase flips I don't miss that at all. If people want to wait until the very last days to join then that works for me.

• IceIX
    Options

Updated with Alliance rewards.

• shardwick
    Options

Only one legendary token for t10 alliance placement?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is the 500 5* shards in progression for the same 5* or for different 5*?

• IceIX
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Is the 500 5* shards in progression for the same 5* or for different 5*?

Different 5.

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options

@IceIX regarding SCL10 Progression, row 13, is 100 3* shards correct or should that be 100 4* shards?

• Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options

@shardwick said:

I was hoping they would change that. Doesn't make a lot of sense to earn in a week just half the shards and covers we would normally earn, just beacuse it's one 7 day event instead of two 3/4 day events.

• Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options

@shardwick said:
    Only one legendary token for t10 alliance placement?

That doesn't make sense also.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Placement rewards are... Not so great.
    T10 alliances lose a Latest for the week.
    Personal placement, too.
    Maybe reconsider?

• IceIX
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Placement rewards are... Not so great.
    T10 alliances lose a Latest for the week.
    Personal placement, too.
    Maybe reconsider?

These are unchanged rewards from when SCL10 was introduced, just never ran. We're noting the feedback on the rewards and we'll take a look. I wouldn't expect any changes for this first 7 day run just based on time, but ya never know.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thank you for the explanation and the deeper look!

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was thinking of something like this considering the first 7 day overlaps with a Boss Event. Ideally the progression reward structure would have been a satisfactory compromise for both people who want something to do when done the event and those that want the days off. People might have been ok with the lesser rewards if it was actually addressed as such.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    I was thinking of something like this considering the first 7 day overlaps with a Boss Event. (...)

Boss scheduled with 7day PVE will be moved for next week so, care, Boss Week will have no Boss Event and No Boss Week will have Boss Event. So in the end, Boss Week will be No Boss Week and No Boss Week will become Boss Week. Info grabed from Discord from IcelX.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I appreciate the reward table announcement. Even though I don’t play for aggressive placement I would agree that the added load of a 7 day probably should result in higher placement rewards for those who do.