Updated 7 Day PVE Event Rewards

Options

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Omegased said:
    Sorry, am I reading this correctly? In scl10 I don't need to complete all nodes (3 times) to get full progression.

Will I have to do more than that for this?

I believe you have to clear 4 of each (though this is skewed because of a 48 hour node).

On the scoring point, I just cleared the 1st round, sitting in 12th overall, but 14th in SHIELD Base. Interestingly, the person at in 4th in SHIELD Base is 14th overall, but with the same number of points as I in both. How is that possible?

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Been said already but just adding my comments regarding disappointment at SCL10 being messed up. I'd long forgotten how much of a drag so many clears was. and was really looking forward to seeing what new challenge node the new devs had put together.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options

why no challenge node? 4 initial clears? Makes SCL 10 feel like a glorified SCL 9 event. Can we work out the next event to make it feel more like the other SCL 10 PVE events?

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Captain_Trips88 said:
    Been said already but just adding my comments regarding disappointment at SCL10 being messed up. I'd long forgotten how much of a drag so many clears was. and was really looking forward to seeing what new challenge node the new devs had put together.

For real. Just when I thought that I was almost done with my clears I still had three more nodes left to finish.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@justsing said:
    What I don't understand is why they couldn't have delayed bringing back 7-day events if the code wasn't ready. It's not like people were demanding that they bring 7-day events back immediately. Personally, I would have preferred that they spend more time fixing existing issues (e.g. Kang's various bugs) and only bring these old events back when everything was fully ready.

I mean.... They probably didn't know.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Borstock said:

@justsing said:
    What I don't understand is why they couldn't have delayed bringing back 7-day events if the code wasn't ready. It's not like people were demanding that they bring 7-day events back immediately. Personally, I would have preferred that they spend more time fixing existing issues (e.g. Kang's various bugs) and only bring these old events back when everything was fully ready.

I mean.... They probably didn't know.

Not that I have much of an opinion on the matter either way, it just seems like a tremendous oversight on their part to not know that all these things were wrong with it before rolling it out :/

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options

@justsing said:

when was the last time they put in something that didn't seem to get it right the first time around?

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options

@axmoss said:

@justsing said:

when was the last time they put in something that didn't seem to get it right the first time around?

Kang???

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options

I keep forgetting to not skip the story screens...first time playing Enemy of the State

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

What the hell.
    Just make it like any other event that ran in the last two years.
    It's not rocket science.
    Sorry but that is a very bad response.
    At least the 2* / CN node thing MUST have been obvious at first glance, if they had a look at the event at all.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    What the hell.
    Just make it like any other event that ran in the last two years.
    It's not rocket science.
    Sorry but that is a very bad response.
    At least the 2* / CN node thing MUST have been obvious at first glance, if they had a look at the event at all.

I’m not trying to be a developer apologist — I agree it seems like they must have known this. At the same time, it seems like the coding for this game was a mess when they got it.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Worthy compensations... B)

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    From dev in reddit:.

Also, apologies for the delay in response and overwhelming thoughtfulness. Truth be told I was out visiting with our friends at 505 yesterday and the longer than typical commutes left me with little time to play catchup afterward. Big shout-outs and hugs to everyone here; you treat us kindly, fairly, and as friends."

I wonder which community they are talking about.
    I guess the community in reddit, after all they posted in there.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:
    (Waits patiently for the "We're sorry, have full progression and placement rewards" announcement...) 😉

Called it. 🤣

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wow...playing this again, it is like nothing has ever changed! I assume there is a fully designed version out there with a shiny new Challenge node and no 2* Essential...right?!?!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Wow...playing this again, it is like nothing has ever changed! I assume there is a fully designed version out there with a shiny new Challenge node and no 2* Essential...right?!?!

One would hope so.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    From dev in reddit:
    Also, apologies for the delay in response and overwhelming thoughtfulness. Truth be told I was out visiting with our friends at 505 yesterday and the longer than typical commutes left me with little time to play catchup afterward. Big shout-outs and hugs to everyone here; you treat us kindly, fairly, and as friends."

What??? He basically said,
    "Sorry, I was out partying with my boys for several days and I forgot I had a job. When I got back, I was so hungover that I just hit the "release" button. I'm like sorry and stuff"

Lol. Perhaps it was a serious meeting but that was such a weird honest response that was not needed.