Updated 7 Day PVE Event Rewards

Options

Comments

• DashBC
    DashBC Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options

Don't mean to pile on, and not that big of a deal, but in scl9 the easy nodes level up after each fight. Typically they stay at level 47 or whatever. Again, not a big deal, but mentioning in case this also isn't intended.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Gonna be a long week.

• grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options

Obviously there needs to be some updates to bring the seven day in line with the current 3 and 4 day events but once they do I’d love to see these every time we get a new four star and get a bunch of covers for the new four stars and a full cover for the new five star.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I suspect I won't stick this one out; I've been a one-session-max.-progression-only player for so long I had forgotten this style of play used to be the norm!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

SCL 10 goes vintage and first sub is 48 hours. So, don't overclear.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I thought they were having it in mind, but it's not the case, so in order to run pves prior to scl10 the updates needed are:

• the QoL change from 2 years ago, passing from 6+1 clears to 4+1
    • to design for each sub what it's the difference in points to any other scl, the challenge special node.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

While I agree that it's good that they're doing stuff, let's be clear here: nothing has been done to this event except update the individual rewards, prog and placement.
    I simply refuse to believe that THIS is what takes them so long that they can only update a couple of events every month.
    If updating rewards takes a month, we probably should give up hope on getting new content, like, ever 🤣
    I still hope they have the event fully updated to today's standard on their test server, and simply set the wrong event live.
    Cause anything else would be crazy.

• darkman84
    darkman84 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options

Judging by what comunity writes here I'm probably in the minority of people who actually wasn't enthusiastic about 7-day events, and now, after they launched one so buggy, the bad feeling even increased.
    I like the idea they want to give us more events, that's probably what most of us want - to have more diversity than playing the same old stories over and over again, but 7-day is just too long. And with the current buggy-one it will even be longer, and more boring than playing some of the usual ones.
    I just hope they got it better in the future, but still don't see myself ever liking 7-day events, no matter the rewards.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 573 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm sad.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm going in on 4.10 when the bracket flips. Wish me luck. 🤣

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

So... in essence, they said they were updating the 7 day event to make them work again, but they conveniently "forgot" SCL10?

• Points are screwed
    • Easy nodes are not fixed difficulty
    • 6 clears instead of 4
    • No challenge node, and a 2* required node instead

Kinda messed up.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

I did not realize that using Kang to send the first wave Away only gave you points for that first wave. Whoops!

• Bowgentle
    Options

A lot of people didn't realize that.
    Also, it's pretty idiotic to make Kang essential in TWO wave nodes (loaner in main and his essential in the sub) when you cannot use his blue.
    It's especially dumb in the loaner wave, cause suddenly you have 2* Wolvie as your main damage dealer.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

Do we still have to fully grind the yellow wave node (the one where you're forced to use Kang, Wolvie, and M'baku) in the main event page before this 48 hour sub is complete? Somewhere I read that it disappears after this "SHIELD base" sub ends.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@hygge_hound said:
    Do we still have to fully grind the yellow wave node (the one where you're forced to use Kang, Wolvie, and M'baku) in the main event page before this 48 hour sub is complete? Somewhere I read that it disappears after this "SHIELD base" sub ends.

Since they didn't change ANYTHING, most likely yes.
    Also, it makes sense story-wise.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Uhh.. yea.. bit of a disappointing event. I do NOT miss the old event structure. I'm used to 3 clears in SCL10 to get to full progression. Not sure that I'll make it to the end of this event.

• Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options

Please, do not run old events again before updating them first.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 573 Critical Contributor
    Options

Sorry, am I reading this correctly? In scl10 I don't need to complete all nodes (3 times) to get full progression.

Will I have to do more than that for this?