Updated 7 Day PVE Event Rewards

Options

Comments

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options

I agree that the placement rewards seem light compared to what can be earned in a week from two events.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Mr_F said:

@Sekilicious said:
    I was thinking of something like this considering the first 7 day overlaps with a Boss Event. (...)

Boss scheduled with 7day PVE will be moved for next week so, care, Boss Week will have no Boss Event and No Boss Week will have Boss Event. So in the end, Boss Week will be No Boss Week and No Boss Week will become Boss Week. Info grabed from Discord from IcelX.

You lost me after 10 words.

My wording was intended to be convoluted. Could not skip so nice occasion to showcase rare skill of mine.

Mission Accomplished.

TLDR boss event next week after 7D PVE.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2023
    Options

As a SCL10 player, I would expect double the 4/5 star shards for a 7 day event. That might mean two different 4 & 5 stars as part of progression rewards instead of just a more shards on a single character. If you don't do something like that, it really slows development of rosters.

ETA: Could be the second character is just shards for favorited characters. That would be a nice bonus, and something different to look forward to.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

As others have mentioned, placement awards make zero sense. It's almost like they weren't even looked at and just copied/pasted from shorter events.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options

Placement rewards aside: Huzzah! I love 7-Day events. Especially EoS. Great idea to put them with Boss Events even if the placement rewards aren't updated since the Boss Events are so generous.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

@captainheath said:
    Placement rewards aside: Huzzah! I love 7-Day events. Especially EoS. Great idea to put them with Boss Events even if the placement rewards aren't updated since the Boss Events are so generous.

This is an excellent point. Thankfully the Boss Events are extremely generous which might help alleviate some of the sting from the lower rewards in the PvE. We will see what future events look like.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

No that doesn't work.
    They already rescheduled the Boss, and besides, why should that warrant FEWER rewards?
    Remember when they ran PVE parallel to Boss a few months ago, they gave out the highest tier placement rewards to A LOT more people.
    So if anything we should get MORE rewards.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

Oh I meant lower the sting for this event since Ice already hinted they were unlikely to modify it for EotS. I will modify my opinion in the seemingly unlikely event the rewards structure stays as indicated here.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

Placement rewards seem like a big jip. Both personal and alliance

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX Does the yellow node on the main sub of Enemy of the State leave at the end of sub 1 or was it updated?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I can't remember if EotS has any 48 hour node(s). If there's none, we're looking at 7 new CN. Hopefully, they're challenging. :D

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    I can't remember if EotS has any 48 hour node(s). If there's none, we're looking at 7 new CN. Hopefully, they're challenging. :D

The last time it ran sub 1 was 48 hrs. It may have been changed though.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thanks. We'll see. I played it only once or twice before it retired.

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It's actually only 6 subs, so the first one should be 48 hours.

• DonkeyTeeth
    DonkeyTeeth Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options

@IceIX Can you add the point totals for the progression rewards?

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options

Thank you for sharing these ahead of time! Really appreciate the communication.

I'd like to echo the feedback re: individual and alliance placement rewards. They should be equitable to what we'd normally gain from 2 shorter PVE events.

• DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options

@IceIX said:

@DyingLegend said:
    Sweet. Next question

When's the next 7 day pve event?

Enemy of the State, coming up on the 27th!

My favorite PVE, and I’ve been asking for it to come back for years! Very stoked!

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options

How late could someone join and probably still make full progression?

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options

@IceIX , the shard rewards for individual T1 placement in SCL9 are less for this 7-day event than a 3/4-day event: 30 shards vs 50 shards

Was that intentional and if so, why?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Placement rewards are... Not so great.
    T10 alliances lose a Latest for the week.
    Personal placement, too.
    Maybe reconsider?

These are unchanged rewards from when SCL10 was introduced, just never ran. We're noting the feedback on the rewards and we'll take a look. I wouldn't expect any changes for this first 7 day run just based on time, but ya never know.

Just saw the rewards for the event. Thank you for updating the rewards :)