Updated 7 Day PVE Event Rewards

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

Live ops game development is absolutely set up to be a minimum viable team. I’m sure they, like the previous dev team before them, have it staffed with what is deemed “just enough,” and there will surely be times where it needs a tad more than that. I think this was probably just an artifact of nobody currently working on the game having been a player back in the early days of SCL10, and making the assumption that it rolled out all at once rather than getting the quality of life overhaul relative to the lower tiers it got later.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards

I decided not to implement the 3* Kang workaround and have suffered points wise because of that.I don't see why a workaround should be on the player side myself. Choosing Kang when he was already bugged seems a bad choice to me on the Devs side of this. I have full progression now. No idea where placement will land. Not too happy about a Monday Boss event when we were told those would not be the norm in one if the Q&A. I still think the new Devs are supercalifragilsticexpialidocious mostly though.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

Despite the flaws, I enjoyed EoTS. I think this experience will help them a bunch as they follow through with the plans to add more events.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards

As a long time player, I did not like EotS then and I do not like it now. I do not like it in a box. I do not like it with a fox.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,308 Chairperson of the Boards

First time in a while I tried for placement. Would be in T10 if it wasn't for the Kang bug losing me over 1k points on this wave alone (though difficult to track what others might have lost).

I also noticed that 6-10 gives out almost 200 fewer HP than 11-20 which seems odd. Sorry if someone else pointed this out somewhere in this thread!

• nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 85 Match Maker

There's a reason why 7 day events went away. They were around in a time when dilution wasn't as much of an issue, and 5 star rewards didn't really exist. Now having one 5 star character's rewards for a full week isn't better for roster progression, and 7 day events are always a slog. Sometimes old things should stay dead. New events tend to be a better addition.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm sure the dev, including Demiurge, has said before that testing something and making it go live can produce different results. What BCS is lacking is expert coders that can produce similar results in both test and live environment. I'm sure they will pay those MPQ expert coders above current market rate. If you're helping them, you're helping yourself and your alliance. Besides expert coders, they need people who can execute plans and backup plans perfectly. On top of that, they need a good communicator in the forum. Come to think of it, they remind me of Demiurge due to all these lack of qualities required from game developer team.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards

i'm really not sure why this game stuck it out with a custom engine rather than getting ported to something off the shelf like Unity. it makes hiring and training people so much easier if you are using something they've seen before that is commercially supported. Seems like that would have been a better use of time over the big UI overhaul they did before the handoff.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards

Aside from the bugs and the 'old event revival issues' I liked that they ran a 7-dayer again. Hopefully things will be more ironed out again in the future.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,185 Chairperson of the Boards

It's obvious that they are going to have to do a lot of work to EoTS before running it again.

Since they will have to do that work, it would make a lot more sense to split it into 2 events (a 4 day and a 3 day) even if you run them consecutively so the story line makes sense (technically this storyline segues into Hearts of Darkness).

KGB

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker

Spending 90-120min every day for a week on a broken PVE is not my idea of fun. I don't understand how any unbiased, serious player (as in not the obvious brown nudgers in this forum whom we are all more than aware will defend BCS way past the point of reason, or casuals who don't care about placement) could honestly say they enjoyed it. Still waiting to hear about compensation. Hopefully it's not "here's a few M'baku covers" since he's a particularly poor 4* anyways.

I was excited for a 7 day PVE... I thought. In hindsight, maybe I was just excited for something new (to me) and different. Pve is such a boring chore.

On that note, I will say THANK YOU devs for getting it right once and giving us a Boss that doesn't overlap with pve. I know you had to delay it to do that, and I appreciate it greatly. Keep working on new events!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

So, compensation.
    What?
    When?

• BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker

The last time EotS ran I was still playing SCL8. Now I played SCL10. Both times I finished 10th. This time I needed much more time and got less points.
    I liked playing it again even if there was no green circle around one node. The only bad things for me was that they forgot to fix the number of times to play, especially at the wave nodes, and the points earned. A minor point was that I would have got more HP if I had finished one place worse.
    But in general it is still a "thumbs up" from my side.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker

@Bowgentle said:
    So, compensation.
    What?
    When?

The compensation is just waiting for casual players to forget, now that it's over, and for any hard-core players who are still mad to just be jumped on by the devs' worshippers until they give up.

Or: the compensation is the 2-3 offers to give them money (coming in 32 min now) that are never, ever, ever, ever late or missing or bugged or glitched. Priorities!

Or: the new 3/5* they announced?

Or maybe like... 1 bonus M'baku cover.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

I'm not sure why you continue to play where you're unhappy with the dev. For the last 5 months or so, most of your comments are about criticising the dev team. Why continue playing a game where the dev has continued to let you down with no sign of improvements?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,624 Chairperson of the Boards

@hygge_hound said:

@Bowgentle said:
    So, compensation.
    What?
    When?

The compensation is just waiting for casual players to forget, now that it's over, and for any hard-core players who are still mad to just be jumped on by the devs' worshippers until they give up.

Or: the compensation is the 2-3 offers to give them money (coming in 32 min now) that are never, ever, ever, ever late or missing or bugged or glitched. Priorities!

Breaking news -- company that exists to make money prioritizes making money. How evil! How greedy! They should definitely spend all their time catering to the "hardcore" players who spend $0 and still feel they're entitled to win everything.

I bought all today's offers, both because they were really good deals, and because spending supports the game I like and keeps it alive. The only thing that will ever kill the game is a lack of revenue. The hardcore free to play crowd could all quit en masse tomorrow and no one would notice or care.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@hygge_hound said:

@Bowgentle said:
    So, compensation.
    What?
    When?

Breaking news -- company that exists to make money prioritizes making money. How evil! How greedy! They should definitely spend all their time catering to the "hardcore" players who spend $0 and still feel they're entitled to win everything.

I bought all today's offers, both because they were really good deals, and because spending supports the game I like and keeps it alive. The only thing that will ever kill the game is a lack of revenue. The hardcore free to play crowd could all quit en masse tomorrow and no one would notice or care.

I give you the chain offer, but calling that one Surfer cover a good offer is a bit of a stretch.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,624 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

@hygge_hound said:

@Bowgentle said:
    So, compensation.
    What?
    When?

I give you the chain offer, but calling that one Surfer cover a good offer is a bit of a stretch.

Oh I didn't even see that one lol. I did not buy the Surfer cover.