***** Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) *****

Options
12345679»

Comments

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Blackstone said:
    My fault. I intended something to be a one off comparison and it became something else. Apologies.

All good! I didn’t explain the issue with HM’s black power properly in the first place.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’m curious who people see as his best pick 2 partners?

I think Thor is the obvious one to gather the red needed to fire the insta-down, but that team has zero damage mitigation and may die before you’re able to whittle their health down for the kill shot. Hawkeye is another good battery but suffers from the same squishiness. All are susceptible to Hulk’s AOE. All are excellent thirds though. But in pick 2 I don’t think it’s enough.

I do like that Monkey is a soft battery for himself. Maybe combined with another soft battery like Switch (who will bring the damage mitigation Thor/Hawkeye lack), they’ll be enough to down Chasm and Hulk?

I feel like you almost need someone like Thor who will collect AP passively full stop rather than someone who will just add a color to the board or shake it up, in order to negate the Chasm AP drain. But we’ll see. I’m excited.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

Has anyone used a HM red team up on Chasm? I used one today and it did not stop his revive.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The best partner for me is easy, Jane SW or SC.
    Against chasm for now and on 5 tier the only partners offering some protection would be SW or colossus.
    Any other probably will have a strong color on red.
    About his swapping: I think thematically it fits great the characters. The victim is haunted, moves tiles recklessly, and because of that deals less match damage. His black power does a lot of things. I don't play it on level 5 so swapping 2 pairs hardly the AI matches something.
    One good thing about swapping on AI's turn is that on your turn the move you thought won't be messed up.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

@revskip said:
    Has anyone used a HM red team up on Chasm? I used one today and it did not stop his revive.

This has been identified as a known issue. It is being fixed, hopefully along with Silver Surfer’s black TU.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87889/known-issue-hit-monkeys-team-up-monkey-business-not-keeping-enemies-downed#latest

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

His best partner is likely Switch for the damage mitigation and the ability to create red. He only has 63k hp and without some form of damage reduction he could get shut down fairly quickly. It is the same issue with SC in PvP.
    I don't know how good of a partner that SC would be since they share 2 colors on powers they both want to fire.
    Thor will destroy his special tiles so I'm not so sure how great a partner she will be.

I think his best use may just be as a Teamup in pick 2. Get a pair like Wanda and Elektro with the monkey teamup and just use that teamup to knock Chasm out at the right time.

• Bad
    Options

The monkey just decimates up villains.
    For 6 purple he can make a good dent on a villain's health bar.
    SW is mandatory. Both change up the board and black power benefits her.
    The black power cd doesn't expire with target's death. At level 5 could have defensive uses with characters such as SW, BRB, Knull or KM.
    Right now the best team I've found in order to kill zombies is with PX help.

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

Just saying, 550 Hit-Monkey does 50k with his rank 5 red (68,6k against villains).

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ShionSinX said:
    Just saying, 550 Hit-Monkey does 50k with his rank 5 red (68,6k against villains).

Not really sure what your point is. Lots of powers are very efficient at level 550.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@ShionSinX said:

Not really sure what your point is. Lots of powers are very efficient at level 550.

He wasn't offering a point. He was "just saying"

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So, do we have any kind of consensus? Is he a legit Chasm counter? (And please don't use this as an excuse to say we already have counters. I'm asking about Hit Monkey.)

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,945 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't think he's a very good Chasm counter but I do think he's a pretty good character overall. His purple and black powers play way better than I expected. The bonus damage/autokill against villains also makes him pretty good in most PvE.

His teamup should be a good Chasm counter when it's fixed!

• Bad
    Options

He is a good counter to chasm as long as many factors could happen:

• to equip all AP boosts, or having a partner tanking for him and not sharing colors (and equipping all AP boosts anyway)
    • to have a really high leveled monkey, or to have a good damage booster, or to have the godboost (like he has it now).

Failing on many of these factors means he isn't a good counter.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:
    So, do we have any kind of consensus? Is he a legit Chasm counter?

As a character to take no probably not. But as entrail said and I mentioned earlier his team up will be.
    It always comes out red and when it is fixed it will be a great take. I have been asking for this team up from my alliance and I have already pocketed a dozen.
    Wanda Elektro will viable against Chasm iHulk with this team up plus a a variety of other teams.