***** Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) *****

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What about 5* Gambit, the one with ap destructio and 6 ap gain every turn?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    What about 5* Gambit, the one with ap destructio and 6 ap gain every turn?

As a 5*, he was a bigger problem, but he was also essentially a 1-man meta, so you could mirror him pretty easily. Any team with a 5* Gambit turned your Gambit into a glass canon, so you'd always wake up the next morning to the typical "-250" in Simulator the next day if you were a regular Sim player.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@Borstock said:

@killahKlown said:

@Borstock said:

@StanleyBurrell said:

@Borstock said:

@IrisRyu said:
    I’m very curious to see how the red passive works in practice. It could be great, but I could also see it being an unintended boon for Chasm if it accelerates his revive/stun mechanic.

I’m not sure this one is a meta changer. At 63K health, whoever this is, ain’t lasting long against the 550 Chasms in my MMR. I get that there’s damage mitigation, but that hasn’t helped Colossus to break through Chulk (unless similarly max champed). Genuine question without an answer, but what percentage of players have a hoard large enough to make this character viable in the face of the many max champed Hulkgasms out there?

Meta counters don't need to be viable against 550's unless they are also max-champed (or close). Someone who hoarded for a 550 Chasm deserves to have an advantage that isn't stopped cold by baby champs. It's unfair to ask for that.

Oh, you mean how tiny Chasm can stop cold 550 Bill Apoc…

I said it's an unfair ask. I didn't say it never happens.

Also, I am very much on the record as believing Chasm (moreso the meta created by him) to be the most broken thing this game has ever seen. That's one of the reasons I am interested to see if the Hit Monkey counter is a true hard counter or more of a wet handshake.

Bishop was way worse

Not even in the same hemisphere. I couldn't float at t20 in Simulator with Bishop. He could also be mirrored or downed with match damage by any 5* plus % boosts. I never agreed with the Bishop nerf. I still don't.

He was a 4* that was easily beating 550 5* teams. On both offense and defense. I agree not same hemisphere, Bishop was way worse. Chasm is very beatable and level appropriate

I never had any problem beating Bishop teams. I used to target them because it meant one less 5* health pool to take down. And if I climbed to 2000 with him in Simulator, the next day I was back down to 1500-1600 on retals and hits. If I get hit twice a day now, it's a lot. And every single team above and around me is running the revive meta. So, you can say he's an easy win all you want, but I've seen zero evidence to back up your claim. Absolutely none.

Again, that's why Hit Monkey is important, especially since the new Dev team seems very hesitant to ever nerf him based on their Q&A answers.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Borstock said:

@killahKlown said:

@Borstock said:

@killahKlown said:

@Borstock said:

@StanleyBurrell said:

@Borstock said:

@IrisRyu said:
    I’m very curious to see how the red passive works in practice. It could be great, but I could also see it being an unintended boon for Chasm if it accelerates his revive/stun mechanic.

I’m not sure this one is a meta changer. At 63K health, whoever this is, ain’t lasting long against the 550 Chasms in my MMR. I get that there’s damage mitigation, but that hasn’t helped Colossus to break through Chulk (unless similarly max champed). Genuine question without an answer, but what percentage of players have a hoard large enough to make this character viable in the face of the many max champed Hulkgasms out there?

Meta counters don't need to be viable against 550's unless they are also max-champed (or close). Someone who hoarded for a 550 Chasm deserves to have an advantage that isn't stopped cold by baby champs. It's unfair to ask for that.

Also, I am very much on the record as believing Chasm (moreso the meta created by him) to be the most broken thing this game has ever seen. That's one of the reasons I am interested to see if the Hit Monkey counter is a true hard counter or more of a wet handshake.

Bishop was way worse

Not even in the same hemisphere. I couldn't float at t20 in Simulator with Bishop. He could also be mirrored or downed with match damage by any 5* plus % boosts. I never agreed with the Bishop nerf. I still don't.

He was a 4* that was easily beating 550 5* teams. On both offense and defense. I agree not same hemisphere, Bishop was way worse. Chasm is very beatable and level appropriate

I never had any problem beating Bishop teams. I used to target them because it meant one less 5* health pool to take down. And if I climbed to 2000 with him in Simulator, the next day I was back down to 1500-1600 on retals and hits. If I get hit twice a day now, it's a lot. And every single team above and around me is running the revive meta. So, you can say he's an easy win all you want, but I've seen zero evidence to back up your claim. Absolutely none.

Again, that's why Hit Monkey is important, especially since the new Dev team seems very hesitant to ever nerf him based on their Q&A answers.

Well if I played SIM I would happily hit you 10 times to give you the evidence you're not seeing

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Borstock said:

@killahKlown said:

@Borstock said:

@killahKlown said:

@Borstock said:

@StanleyBurrell said:

@Borstock said:

@IrisRyu said:

Bishop was way worse

Agreed. Chasm/Hulk is way worse than Bishop/Anything. The only think they have in common is they’ve made the game less enjoyed.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:

@MegaBee said:

@SaltnPeppa said:
    The change to Hit Monkey having ISO-8 as part of his origin is a travesty. He shouldn't be a technologist, he's closer to the supernatural than tech.

https://www.marvel.com/characters/hit-monkey

That's the 3-star. The 5-star is an MPQ original character.

There's a proper Hit Monkey alignment with Supernatural as part of SHIELD Howling Commandos along with Man Thing, Mummy, Dum Dum Dugan, etc. He's right on the cover of issue #1

Ugg, the butts and **** pose.

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options

5-Star Hit Monkey is no Technologist in my game. He has the same affiliations as 3-Star Monkey.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

That's strange. They removed it?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,030 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Was Apocalypse stealth buffed or does hit monkey's invisibility work different some how? In the past when I've used apocalypse and fired his red and an invisible character has been the lowest health opponent it just wastes the power and does nothing because his red can't hit an invisible opponent. You just lose the ap with no benefit at all.

Today in the hit monkey pvp I fired off apocalypse red while hit monkey was the lowest health opponent and I didn't notice he was invisible, but to my surprise instead of doing nothing it target big wheel who had the next lowest health. I tried it out in another match and the same thing happened.

Did they stealth buff apocalypse red to not target invisible opponents if there is another opponent still alive or does hit monkeys invisibility some how function differently than other invisibility?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,664 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I noticed this too over the weekend - was very surprised when my Apoc battered another character despite an invisible monkey, to death.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I don't think that's a recent change. I think I remember noticing that with Apoc some months ago.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,417 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The red doesn’t hit invisible but his black does. It has worked this way for a long time.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,664 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The black hits invisible because it destroys protects and then hits for random enemies which are not direct damage which seems to allow for invisible enemies, it doesn't target a specific enemy like red does. It used to be if you used red and the lowest health enemy was unavailable that it was wasted on trying to hit that enemy rather than the next lowest health but that doesn't seem to happen any more but I haven't had the situation for a while so perhaps as @fractalvisions says it was "fixed" a while ago.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

@Borstock said:

@killahKlown said:

@Borstock said:

@StanleyBurrell said:

@Borstock said:

@IrisRyu said:

Bishop was way worse

It's funny what people agree & don't agree on. The bishop nerf was the only one I agreed with. Whereas I didn't agree with any of the 5* nerfs.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

You know the devs are doing a great job when they manage to make most people fairly happy. Keep up the good work devs!

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Does anyone know what the bug related to Monkey's teamup is? Is it the same bug as Black Hole?

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

Is there some dynamic to I’m BACK Baby that I’m missing? I fired Hit-Monkey’s black in a few different matches and the first time it created a match-5 for the enemy and subsequent firings created match-4’s before I stopped using it. That seems like high liability for a little bit of board shake. Is there something else to it or is that ability just not very good (to me)?

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@IrisRyu said:
    Is there some dynamic to I’m BACK Baby that I’m missing? I fired Hit-Monkey’s black in a few different matches and the first time it created a match-5 for the enemy and subsequent firings created match-4’s before I stopped using it. That seems like high liability for a little bit of board shake. Is there something else to it or is that ability just not very good (to me)?

Honestly, that sounds about right. Like how MEHulk swaps tiles in ways that almost always makes the board worse for you. (maybe that's just my experience)

Random swaps rarely work out for the player.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Better said, players always remember the negative swaps and usually forget the positive swaps making matches or helping them.
    SC is a character who benefits on board movement no matter if is good or bad, and of course if the monkey converts a tile on red or purple.