***** Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) *****

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think we are assuming too much about AFF4.

These are the AFF of the current revive meta:
    Chasm: Villians, Spider-Verse, Street Level, Enhanced
    IHulk: Heroes, Gamma Mutates, Enhanced
    She-Hulk: Heroes, Avengers, Team Iron Man, Gamma Mutates, Enhanced

What if AFF4 refers to Avengers or Team Iron Man instead? :D

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

It's probably Enhanced, which means Jane is getting a soft nerf, too.
    And poor Wanda.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think this character will allow some rock paper scissors to Chasm IHulk, but not necessarily meta changing. The problem is you will need to be able to keep enough red when one of those characters has less than 15% health. Chasm can still destroy that AP. If you do a can knock out Chasm or IHulk quickly great, but it might not be consistent.

I actually think a nerf to the Chasm/IHulk combo is needed. Even if it is each character can only respawn X number of times. This meta is just not enjoyable

• HoundofShadow
    Options

If the game check for <15% for each step, the you don't need ap to down them. You just need to match-cascade or do a 2-part chain attack. For example, you make a match-3 that causes another match-3 immediately. The process would look like:

1) deals 1st match damage
    2) check for <15% health. If true, down them.
    3) deals second match damage.
    4) check for <15% health. If true, down them.

In the end, it depends on how the dev codes the interaction, and this is something they can't put it in the power description.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Playing around with the 5* battery availability for various colors could also help with the Chasm reign of terror. I think Riri+ being in latest at the same time would be a good batch to pull for to get out from under this meta.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Red power says moderate damage to a single target, that should be 15k damage or more.
    Boosted by apoc/okoye/SW very well could down Ihulk who has low health, with a single shot.
    Even they wouldn't be needed if really it's more than 15k damage.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

I’m thinking that this character will give the edge to Jane/Riri as the go to Hulkgasm counter, since a team centered around this character would appear to be particularly vulnerable to their charged tile shenanigans as well.

This one could work on events where the featured toon’s strongest color is red, which greatly inhibits Jane/Riri’s start of match play against Chulk.

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

Sounds like it could be Spiral (fingers crossed). Maybe I'll use up the small hoard I've collected since I didn't go hard after Kamala/Chasm. I'll decide when more details come out.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,665 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Isn't Spiral a villain?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,418 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes she is one of mojos henchmen.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Not sure why she would be relevant in this moment but I suppose Phoenix Five Magik is a possibility. The decoy and invisibility bits of the powers are interesting, those could be mechanical representations of her portals she does.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe multidexterous refers to the phoenix 5 instead of metal arms and tails. We are in a lull of Disney marvel productions so if it is Magik it would be that it isn’t necessary to advertise anything.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Could be Longshot, famously a Mojoverse clone with a 3* Shatterstar who is the child of Longshot and Dazzler?

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

I think it’s Multiple Man (decoy tiles = dupes), but the lack of a green outlet is the only thing that gives me pause.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

Affiliation is HEROES though. So not Spiral. And multiple man is also villian isn't he?

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    Affiliation is HEROES though. So not Spiral. And multiple man is also villian isn't he?

No, Multiple Man is a hero.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,929 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Isn't Spiral a villain?

Was (and probably will be again). There has been a push over recent years to give her a heroic turn although that plot point hasn't really been fully developed.

Most recently in the Rogue & Gambit series, Mr. and Mrs. X.

Although for the record, I would really love to have Spiral in the game.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    If the game check for <15% for each step, the you don't need ap to down them. You just need to match-cascade or do a 2-part chain attack. For example, you make a match-3 that causes another match-3 immediately. The process would look like:

1) deals 1st match damage
    2) check for <15% health. If true, down them.
    3) deals second match damage.
    4) check for <15% health. If true, down them.

In the end, it depends on how the dev codes the interaction, and this is something they can't put it in the power description.

If match damage will down the character with 15% they could be good. The question will be how quickly can you get Chasm and IHulk below 15% health. Maybe this character plus Wanda can knock Chasm down quickly then IHulk the essentials. Going against this character won’t be that bad since you can target them first

• HoundofShadow
    edited December 2022
    Options

It should be pretty fast, depending on your mmr. Firstly, Chasm and/or iHulk takes 35% additional damage. Since they didn't put a limit to just power damage, it means match damage and attack tiles will also deal additional 35% damage. Secondly, Chasm will deal damage to himself every turn: ~6-8k on average. A 90k health Chasm would hit 13.4k health in about 6-7 turns, depending on the team mate.

Since this power costs only 7 red ap, Wanda would be a good pick-2 to create more red. If you don't mind using ap boost, it will be very quick. At my mmr, iHulk is typically 45k hp. If I use + 4red ap boost, swap iHulk to the front, match red, fire this character's red next turn, he will be downed forever. For the rest of the match, I'll hit essential followed by Chasm.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

I’m excited to see this thread explode if AFF4 refers to technologists. Wasp has been begging for a nerf since her release. Hopefully the sarcasm font displayed correctly.