• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

I’m thinking hit monkey, ironheart 3rd will be a good LL store

• whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

Level 450 purple damage is shown as 168. Please update with correct damage.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

@turbomoose said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    Not got a clue about him but looking forward to trying him out!

I watched some of the series on Disney last night, not bad but I’m confused as to how he naturally knows how to use weapons, think I need to do more research

Monkey with a ghost mentor?
    Comics everyone!

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@wymtime said:
    I’m thinking hit monkey, ironheart 3rd will be a good LL store

Who knows? It all depends on how good the next one is -- it may be six of one half a dozen of another. I think we can safely say is Arcade/Hit Monkey/Riri is better than Arcade/Emma/Riri, though.

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2022
    Options

The change to Hit Monkey having ISO-8 as part of his origin is a travesty. He shouldn't be a technologist, he's closer to the supernatural than tech.

https://www.marvel.com/characters/hit-monkey

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:
    The change to Hit Monkey having ISO-8 as part of his origin is a travesty. He shouldn't be a technologist, he's closer to the supernatural than tech.

That's the 3-star. The 5-star is an MPQ original character.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@whitecat31 said:
    Level 450 purple damage is shown as 168. Please update with correct damage.

I realize it is probably a typo but....having his match damage go down with levels would actually make his purple power more effective since you wouldn't have to worry about tanking and he could stay invisible easier.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just realised his match damage is about ~100 point lower than its recent predecessors. Emma, Riri and Arcade has about 106X for their highest match damage so I guess it's deliberate to decrease the chance of him tanking?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

Almost certainly a typo. Matching the ratio of his other colors, purple should be 1068.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

That makes sense since purple is its strongest colour. Has anyone considered his pve potential with Hulkoye or Kitty/R4G in Pick-3?

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like Hawkeye with the quick AP bomb that 6 AP purple power will create with 6 countdown tiles, that is a lot of blue and red AP potentially early.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

That's 18 blue and 12 red aps after 3 turns. Heimdall can use those blues to reduce Hit Monkey's powers to 3 and he can fire his red 4 times instead of 1 time. That's between 88k to 128k damage. I didn't think of pairing Monkey with Hawkeye. That's pretty good for pick-2 as long as Hawkeye can tank over Monkey in pves.

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Borstock said:

@IrisRyu said:
    I’m very curious to see how the red passive works in practice. It could be great, but I could also see it being an unintended boon for Chasm if it accelerates his revive/stun mechanic.

I’m not sure this one is a meta changer. At 63K health, whoever this is, ain’t lasting long against the 550 Chasms in my MMR. I get that there’s damage mitigation, but that hasn’t helped Colossus to break through Chulk (unless similarly max champed). Genuine question without an answer, but what percentage of players have a hoard large enough to make this character viable in the face of the many max champed Hulkgasms out there?

Meta counters don't need to be viable against 550's unless they are also max-champed (or close). Someone who hoarded for a 550 Chasm deserves to have an advantage that isn't stopped cold by baby champs. It's unfair to ask for that.

Oh, you mean how tiny Chasm can stop cold 550 Bill Apoc…

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Monkey Suit at 4 and 5 cover are creating 3-turn cds instead of 2-turn cds. Is this a bug?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@StanleyBurrell said:

@Borstock said:

@IrisRyu said:
    I’m very curious to see how the red passive works in practice. It could be great, but I could also see it being an unintended boon for Chasm if it accelerates his revive/stun mechanic.

I’m not sure this one is a meta changer. At 63K health, whoever this is, ain’t lasting long against the 550 Chasms in my MMR. I get that there’s damage mitigation, but that hasn’t helped Colossus to break through Chulk (unless similarly max champed). Genuine question without an answer, but what percentage of players have a hoard large enough to make this character viable in the face of the many max champed Hulkgasms out there?

Meta counters don't need to be viable against 550's unless they are also max-champed (or close). Someone who hoarded for a 550 Chasm deserves to have an advantage that isn't stopped cold by baby champs. It's unfair to ask for that.

I said it's an unfair ask. I didn't say it never happens.

Also, I am very much on the record as believing Chasm (moreso the meta created by him) to be the most broken thing this game has ever seen. That's one of the reasons I am interested to see if the Hit Monkey counter is a true hard counter or more of a wet handshake.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Borstock said:

@StanleyBurrell said:

@Borstock said:

@IrisRyu said:

Also, I am very much on the record as believing Chasm (moreso the meta created by him) to be the most broken thing this game has ever seen. That's one of the reasons I am interested to see if the Hit Monkey counter is a true hard counter or more of a wet handshake.

Bishop was way worse

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2022
    Options

@MegaBee said:

@SaltnPeppa said:

That's the 3-star. The 5-star is an MPQ original character.

There's a proper Hit Monkey alignment with Supernatural as part of SHIELD Howling Commandos along with Man Thing, Mummy, Dum Dum Dugan, etc. He's right on the cover of issue #1

• Christinesmess13
    Christinesmess13 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

When will Domino get updated as the feeder for Hit Monkey?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@Borstock said:

@StanleyBurrell said:

@Borstock said:

@IrisRyu said:

Bishop was way worse

Not even in the same hemisphere. I couldn't float at t20 in Simulator with Bishop. He could also be mirrored or downed with match damage by any 5* plus % boosts. I never agreed with the Bishop nerf. I still don't.