***** Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) *****

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,506 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    That's going to be a nice TU to bring

Powers with Passives attached are generally not available as TUs, so this one probably won't.

• GrimSkald
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

@IceIX said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    So match damage doesn’t do it? Strictly red power damage?

Counts all damage dealt by Hit-Monkey. The red power damage just seemed easiest to use in explanation.

But will match damage keep chasm down?

My reading is only the damage from the active side of the red will keep the target down, but the bonus (and automatic kill) applies to all damage.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2022
    Options

Not to put words in his mouth, but Ice just confirmed (on Discord) that his red ability (active portion) does block revive abilities even while sent/used as a TU.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

@IceIX said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Counts all damage dealt by Hit-Monkey. The red power damage just seemed easiest to use in explanation.

Negatory. The "Enemy stays downed" is on the active portion, you need to fire that to keep the revive from popping.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@IceIX said:

@Pantera236 said:

@IceIX said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Negatory. The "Enemy stays downed" is on the active portion, you need to fire that to keep the revive from popping.

That's what I was thinking, was confused by your response to TRW. Thanks for clarifying.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you're going to down Chasm by match damage using 15%, you need to make sure there's fewer than 3 Abyss tiles. Otherwise, use his red.

Downing iHulk with his red first seems much easier. Without iHulk and essential, Chasm won't revive.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He deals 23k for 7 AP! If it's a villain, 33k! And if the villain losed ~30k health previously, it's out!
    Actually this character is a soft counter for all the poors villains :'( I think it's monkey business.
    And of course he will walk over the chahulk team.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

Also, red is not his strongest color. So easier to build red AP against Chasm

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

What a day to be alive. Monkey assassin ruining people's day.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

@IceIX said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

If I'm reading it right, the active part will prevent the returning. If Hit Monkey uses Monkey Business on Chasm, and that damage takes him to 14% health, the passive would kick in and down Chasm, which he could return from. But if Chasm returns with less that 15% of his health, Hit Monkey would down him with match damage. Until there are no Abyss tiles left.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I didn't know hit monkey is a toon show released on 17 november on Disney.
    It looks good.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

I guessed Hit Monkey, because the clue and the holiday follow-up synergy with tacoPool, but I thought I was connecting dots that weren't there and deleted the post.

Looks like he should be fun to play and I liked the idea every meta having a counter.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,667 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not got a clue about him but looking forward to trying him out!

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

Looks like 1* Venom black TUs got more valuable. Delete webs, kill Chasm, get stunned Chasm revives with minimal health, kill Chasm a second time, beat on a cowering iHulk with all your stashed red. Probably no one rosters Venom or asks for TU, but still. I got your back @hothie, lol. 550 Chasm will probably remain a problem since HM has to tank to get the kills. There will be very few HM + Wanda at 550 I think, though some will probably max champ as soon as he hits the tokens. Is that still a thing?

Whatever, I still need 11 covers for Wanda. mThor, Riri, HM might be interesting, especially against villains.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

Remember when 1* venom used to down the opponent if that web condition was met?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,421 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Sekilicious venom was my 1* before Spider-Man appeared because he used to have a knockout.

• GrimSkald
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Remember when 1* venom used to down the opponent of that web condition was met?

Yeah, they changed that because of Miles' ability to spam web tiles - which of course only got more pronounced with SM 2099 and IWSM.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Not got a clue about him but looking forward to trying him out!

I watched some of the series on Disney last night, not bad but I’m confused as to how he naturally knows how to use weapons, think I need to do more research

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

Hey that’s the first time a five-stars has two feeders out of the gate, right ?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

@BlixTheFrog said:
    Hey that’s the first time a five-stars has two feeders out of the gate, right ?

I think Domino is the only feeder. Ghost is fed by 3* HM but does not feed the 5*