***** Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) *****

Options

Comments

• TheHawkNY
    TheHawkNY Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options

Will the first purple countdown tile turn the character visible and remove the other countdowns, or will they all reach 0?

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Could be Longshot, famously a Mojoverse clone with a 3* Shatterstar who is the child of Longshot and Dazzler?

Oh please please please. Longshot is my favorite character of all time.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Kross said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Could be Longshot, famously a Mojoverse clone with a 3* Shatterstar who is the child of Longshot and Dazzler?

I doubt it's him, probably a long shot.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@TheHawkNY said:
    Will the first purple countdown tile turn the character visible and remove the other countdowns, or will they all reach 0?

Probably the decoys will count down to 0, the real one will cause the others to be removed. So depending on board layout, it could be either of your scenarios.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,506 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@Kross said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

I doubt it's him, probably a long shot.

Clue and powers don't really point to Longshot, I'd say. Multiple man seems like a pretty good guess (particularly with the multiple CDs, some of them decoys,) but the red doesn't seem quite right for Maddox. We should see shortly, regardless.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The clues so rarely point to anything, could literally be anyone

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    The clues so rarely point to anything, could literally be anyone

Agreed. I've been trying to wreck my brain on the powers and clue. Immortal Abomination would be a cute play for the clue given the fingers surrounding the two faces, but I feel like a classic version of Abomination would need to be one of two rarities and I don't think Invisibility makes sense.

My really out there thought would be Fantomex. Used to have three brains and could misdirect, but I can't see them picking him for a 3/5 star combo character.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

And here we go! With this 5-Star release, we have the newest MPQ Original in Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit)! Some Marvel deep cut readers may know that in the past the EDI (European Defense Initiative) created a suit that mimicked Thor's powers, replete with hammer and lightning. Thor himself even used it for a bit. But did you know that they ALSO made one to mimic Loki? Bryce knew. And now Hit-Monkey knows too.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 574 Critical Contributor
    Options

also pair with someone who can passively generate red? like, i dunno the new Ironman maybe?

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Is Domino and ghost feeding 5* hit monkey, in this thread the arrow is in the middle but on the other thread it's only pointing from domino.

• Pantera236
    Options

Lol nevermind looks like you caught that.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

All guessed it wrong. It's the Villians tag. His red hits hard and iHulk will be one-shot by this attack by the time you gather 7 red aps. And I think they modified his passive ability:

"any damage he deals to Villains automatically downs them if they have less than 15% health."

This means you can match damage Chasm to death. However, Hit Monkey needs to tank.

• Pantera236
    edited December 2022
    Options

It will down then but unless there is less abyss tiles out than chasm's threshold you have to use his active red power.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    This means you can match damage Chasm to death. However, Hit Monkey needs to tank.

Sounds like a job for Sighclops.

• IceIX
    edited December 2022
    Options

Couple Q&As

How does the Red work?

• The Red will deal damage, then check to see if that damage brought the enemy to within 15% health. If it did, the enemy is downed. This means that dealing damage to a Villain will deal AbilityDamage*1.35, THEN check to see if that brought them under 15% afterwards, making for a larger window than you'd think from pure red damage.
    • This applies to ALL damage dealt by Hit-Monkey, not just his Red. So Traps, match damage, Bryce's pokes, etc, all count.

What can be sent as Teamups?

• Red is the only ability that can be sent as a Teamup. Purple is also able to be fired as a random ability (Colossus's ability for example)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

So match damage doesn’t do it? Strictly red power damage?

• IceIX
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Counts all damage dealt by Hit-Monkey. The red power damage just seemed easiest to use in explanation.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

That's going to be a nice TU to bring

• Pantera236
    Options

@IceIX said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Counts all damage dealt by Hit-Monkey. The red power damage just seemed easiest to use in explanation.

But will match damage keep chasm down?

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

Unless the no revive aspect doesn't work as a TU. Surfer's doesn't.