The ChaHulk meta

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No, I really haven't found the appeal with Crystal personally. What is she doing here that helps against Chasm? So far Somebody From the 5* Boost List that Hits Hard Ideally Passively and Colossus seems to mostly work.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@acescracked said:
    Same discussion about unfun/too hard/please nerf with other PvP metas.
    Wanda/Colossus
    Okoye/ihulk

It always worked out. Need an MPQ only character named Deja Vu.

I like the Deja Vu idea.

5 black - if opponent is playing meta character, break out the nerf hammer! All powers and match damage reduced to one. If uses once in a match immediately nerfs self as that was obviously too powerful.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Iceman/essential/Dr Thor +3 or 4 blue ap works. Iceman triggers his passive before Chasm's ap reduction kicks in.

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bad said:
    I wouldn't call a bad character design the fact that a lot of players unhoarded for him and many own a 500/ 550 level chasm.
    Devs acknowledge chasm meta and SS can down him.

I don't know how anyone expects Surfer to gobble up the 12 Black AP needed to fire Singularity and down Chasm.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options

@allen_koholic said:

@Bad said:
    I wouldn't call a bad character design the fact that a lot of players unhoarded for him and many own a 500/ 550 level chasm.
    Devs acknowledge chasm meta and SS can down him.

I don't know how anyone expects Surfer to gobble up the 12 Black AP needed to fire Singularity and down Chasm.

Been there done there with 2/3/3 lv 360 surfer,

• HoundofShadow
    Options

For another pick 2 team against Chasm/iHulk, I used Electro/Nick Fury against them before and it was good. I wanted to recommend Electro and Captain America FA but his stun is random instead of targeted. If not, they would be a good pick 2 team. Of course, I expect criticism about CAFA.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

FA Cap is fun. Wish he had more bite with his direct damage and a super effective stun, but his kit is fun with Daredevil and Ultron nonetheless.

• HoundofShadow
    edited November 2022
    Options

The dev could release a 5* with a yellow targeted stun that costs 10 or fewer. Together with Electro, they will be able to shut them down effectively. The next 5* for Wakanda tie-in on Nov 17 seems like a good candidate.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It needs to be way fewer than 10, and it needs to not be a 2nd or 3rd power so you have time to collect it.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022
    Options

Would be a cool trick to stun passively every time an ap was stolen or drained. Gotta fight passives with passives sometimes.

Stun per ap stolen/drained…I kinda like it.

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options

Easy way to run a poll is to play them and see which teams kick your butt.

• Sekilicious
    Options

This is the third boost list in a row where Chasm + iHulk were minor on the queue list in Pick-2 PvP. Baby champed MMR of course. I remember Ronan was considered DoA but he seems to be effective when boosted at least. I’m glad the boost list seems to be an effective counter to the immortal bros, occasionally at least.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ve been using him a bit and figured out his schtick. I don’t like him, and I think he is a troll character. He is thrown out as a troll character to make people push skip and not attack.
    You will not push to the top of PvP with him because he is too slow. He is not great in PvE.
    In a game about speed he is a character that forces you to play slow. He is at best a scarecrow and his composite teams are the same. The hard counter has been found so there is not much else.

This is not a meta team. It is a team that forces skips, but it is not a team you want to play with.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

It looks like to each their own. I actually quite enjoy playing PVE with Chasm. I can bring him and MT into most pick 2s and can do quite well without health packs. MTs charged tiles can amp the damage done by Chasm and she has three active colors you can use if AP gets too high.

Obviously, he's especially great against Mindless Ones. I play SCL10 and am not trying to finish T10 so I'm not trying to speed rush anything but I certainly don't find him slow or difficult to play.

• dianetics
    Options

If you are concerned about mindless ones run Thor and Morbius, he is still their best counter. Saving 1 turn with Chasm means nothing over several turns at higher levels.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I’ve been using him a bit and figured out his schtick. I don’t like him, and I think he is a troll character. He is thrown out as a troll character to make people push skip and not attack.
    You will not push to the top of PvP with him because he is too slow. He is not great in PvE.
    In a game about speed he is a character that forces you to play slow. He is at best a scarecrow and his composite teams are the same. The hard counter has been found so there is not much else.

This is not a meta team. It is a team that forces skips, but it is not a team you want to play with.

I'm not sure people WANTED to play with ColWanda.
    Chasm is meta.

• Sekilicious
    Options

Chasm + Gritty crushes all mindless jerks easily.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:
    If you are concerned about mindless ones run Thor and Morbius, he is still their best counter. Saving 1 turn with Chasm means nothing over several turns at higher levels.

Talk about slow. I personally would not run Thor and Morbius there. My Chasm is at 487 and can down them with MT in very few turns.

• dianetics
    Options

I probably just have no idea who to pair him with. Every match I run him in runs longer than a minute. If I run Morbius Thor and SC/Boosted 5 the runs run quickly.

I am possibly terrible using Chasm, but honestly I use more health packs and waste more time with him on my team than most other characters. He is roughly as slow as BRB/Th4nos/Polaris, but I also have to use health packs.

In PvP getting wins with him is ok, but it takes like 2-4 minutes with him, so you cannot climb. He is a defensive scarecrow. I would much rather run a faster team and shield.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    This is the third boost list in a row where Chasm + iHulk were minor on the queue list in Pick-2 PvP. Baby champed MMR of course. I remember Ronan was considered DoA but he seems to be effective when boosted at least. I’m glad the boost list seems to be an effective counter to the immortal bros, occasionally at least.

Definitely not true for me. I guess it depends how high you climb and when but I was in slice 1 and it was all chasm/hulk as far as the eye could see past maybe 900. I tried running Ronan/Sersi megaboosted and was getting hammered left and right. Used so many health packs. Once I switched to Hulkasm myself I got hit twice (once was a +12 defensive win) and I easily hit 1200. I also started hitting those mega-boosted toons myself if I was lucky enough to see them in a sea of Chas.

I miss the old meta that changed week to week and feel that if one character is making other REALLY GOOD characters obsolete even with 110 extra levels, that’s not good game balance. Whether you find Chasm himself fun or unfun, fast or slow. I’ll likely ask the devs thoughts on this next Q/A.