The ChaHulk meta

Options

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are pick-3 teams that are pretty easy to set up against chasm teams, but i'm still looking around for a very reliable pick-2. 
    Me too. I can’t find a reliable pick 2. I tried SW-Colossus but they are very slow. And no AOE means it’s not easy to down them. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crystal 355 of course. 
    The most dangerous time is if there are cascades on the first stunned turn.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Turns out the way to beat the meta is to boost complementary S and A tier characters. I haven’t seen them at all in the Shang-Chi PvP. Lots of SC/Onslaught/mThor though

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah I settled on Profe$$or X/Iceman in the arcade one. That big heavy passive hit was a killer if you could match-4. I think Onslaught may be providing that this week.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options

Yeah I settled on Profe$$or X/Iceman in the arcade one. That big heavy passive hit was a killer if you could match-4. I think Onslaught may be providing that this week.

Nah, we'll be back to wall to wall Chasm/iHulk next PVP.
    Onslaught does nothing on his own without Shang.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Probably, but Onslaught can get you a little ahead of the AP drain and do a nice slug of damage at the same time while boosted.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No way I'd go all in on this meta, it's not going to stick around anything like as long as others as I don't think the new owners want such a un-fun meta sticking around for long. I will get a small chasm (450-60ish) and continue on my way.

I won't agree with it being hard countered so fast as I know how long it takes to get the resources and take a risk on a meta. I'd feel for those people, they deserve 6 months. Chasm also doesn't bother me because I'm not bothered about finding other targets at the level I play but for the 900+ players I can see this is another Bishop situation, where you have a scarecrow team but at the expense of awful gameplay.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Chasm/iHulk is non-existent in SC PVP. I don't think I spotted them at all.

The dev sort of created a counter, the latest 4*, towards Chasm/IHulk. On top of that, they said they prefer counter than nerf. If this latest 4* implies anything, it could mean that the next 5* is countering Chasm/iHulk. Wakanda Forever will have been released by the time the next 5* is released. Probably Black Panther would be buffed to become a "2nd" counter to Chasm meta.

• Bad
    Options

On my MMR chahulk on SC pvp worths 70 points, as always.
    However SC is popular and there are more players climbing than previous pvps so it has been a comfortable pvp.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I saw a lot of Dr Thor/Onslaught in his pvp. What's your average mmr?

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

The reason we are not seeing much of chahulk is because chasm can slow down even the ally SC considerably and we have onslaught boosted who has always been Shang s best partner we l be back to chahulk from next pvp frequently as usual

• Bad
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    I saw a lot of Dr Thor/Onslaught in his pvp. What's your average mmr?

My average MMR could have been increased quite a bit after the anniversary vault.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I actually had decent luck with Shang, Surfer, and Jane in sim against the two of them and Shulk but it wasn’t full proof by any means. The key is to get Shang’s match damage high enough that he is tanking all colors. Then matching any color will result in targeting red. Surfer’s blue can can charge a black match three for the black hole or use it to charge a blue or red match to heal heal Shang or Surfer accordingly. Now it should be noted that this anniversary pushed Shang (and Kitty ugh) to 500 (won’t be enjoying that MMR) so he is a bit tankier than a baby champ, but it wasn’t too bad.

Just trying to contribute an actual team instead of, “they’re not a problem for me! I don’t understand the complaints??”. But I know it might not work for others.

I do agree that this meta isn’t fun to play with or against though.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe it was a bad board, but my Surfer (451), Shang (503) and Jane (515) was almost wrecked by a baby champed team immortal. Surfer was the only one to make it out alive (thanks only to a Polaris TU). 

I also tried Moonknight/Shang/Jane and it was similarly ineffective with only Jane surviving.

I appreciate the attempts at the counters, but I find iShulk/Electro/Elektr5 to be a far more reliable team in pick-3. The team is absolute $&?! on defense though.

I also tried a few matches with Emm5/Crystal/Gargantos and Emm5’s boost of each of their passive permanent damage + 2 AOE’s worked better than expected.  My Emm5 is at 466, so I may swap out Crystal for H5wkeye once she enters latest and gets additional covers. Crystal’s healing is kind of critical though, so we’ll see.

Honestly, my most reliable counters in pick-2 and pick-3 are mirror matches, but they take FOREVER! 
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options

@İnekobasi said:
    Chasm sometimes locking up the game.  İn this case  oppenent's ihulk  couldnt tank the chasm even he reach his max match damage. So oppenent's chasm kept making abbys tiles and this tiles turned into web tiles . So both of us's chasms became  invulnarable.  İ kept playing this game for 15 minute but  nothing changed.  İ think this is a software  bug. I'm not a "nerf" person but chasm need a  rework. 

Also not a "nerfduck" (as it used to be called around here) but Chasm needs to be nerfed/reworked. Incredibly unfun to play against.

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2022
    Options

I feel like the quickest solution is to change the AP drain to be random, not targeted. That wouldn't kill any of Chasm's other mechanics, it would just make the matches much less unfun. Next would be swapping the revive limit between him and iSheHulk, but that wouldn't make the matches suck less and would be a straight nerf. After that, it's a complete rework of the way Chasm works, which will piss everyone off.

Seriously, just fix that stupid AP drain. Even using Chasm in PVE in his required node made me happy when he was downed. That's bad character design.

• Bad
    Options

I wouldn't call a bad character design the fact that a lot of players unhoarded for him and many own a 500/ 550 level chasm.
    Devs acknowledge chasm meta and SS can down him.
    You can expect another character killing revivers, but my guess is that no one will nullify him quickly and easily, or at least the team countering him will be a rock-paper condition.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Has anyone found a pick-2 character to use with Silver Surfer that makes it viable outside of Simulator? I really haven't yet.

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

Same discussion about unfun/too hard/please nerf with other PvP metas.
    Wanda/Colossus
    Okoye/ihulk

It always worked out. Need an MPQ only character named Deja Vu.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Has anyone found a pick-2 character to use with Silver Surfer that makes it viable outside of Simulator? I really haven't yet.

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Have u tried crystal colossus Shang and scarlet witch the problem with janethor is she destroys the black hole itself truly belligerwnt character lol