The ChaHulk meta

atomzed
atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
The unkillable Chasm-Hulks meta is upon us. I been seeing them in sims, but in pvp, they are becoming common too. Even when not max champ, it’s tough to kill them with boosted char. 

How do you all like this new meta? Any suggestions on how best to deal with them?

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just skip them all tbh as I only play to 25 wins. Thankfully with the new pvp scoring and rewards I don’t much care about annoying metas like that anymore. I use a trash team and take any easy retaliation I get. Same in sim. 

The best meta this game had was Thor and okoye and I continue to use it to rack up 25 easy wins and give easy wins back to the community.  :D
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    While the Immortal Bros. are common there seem to be a few counters if you can mitigate the match and AoE damage. Reddit also has this thread.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/y53ysx/immortal_team_counter/

Colossus and Switch seem to be an effective counter if you target iHulk first to the point where Chasm does not tank anything. Electro and mThor mitigate the damage from hulk and deletes web and abyss tiles. 

Out of curiosity, does Thanos proc Court Death when killing Chasm? Or does Chasm stun him before he can?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Break down the team composition and you will be able to think of a few counters:

1) Who mitigate AoEs?
    2) Who mitigates match damage?
    3) Who heals allies or who can true heal?
    4) Who weakens their abilities?
    5) Who mitigates or takes advantage of those web tiles?
    6) How can you make iHulk tanks over Chasm quickly? (You need to down iHulk at least 3 times for him to tank all colours except purple).

When you know the answers to those questions, you'll find your pick 2 or pick 3 counters against them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's a case of giving someone fish and teaching someone how to fish. Also, the advantage is that it allows them to play with their own different ideas, rather than using a particular idea.
  • İnekobasi
    İnekobasi Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Chasm sometimes locking up the game.  İn this case  oppenent's ihulk  couldnt tank the chasm even he reach his max match damage. So oppenent's chasm kept making abbys tiles and this tiles turned into web tiles . So both of us's chasms became  invulnarable.  İ kept playing this game for 15 minute but  nothing changed.  İ think this is a software  bug. I'm not a "nerf" person but chasm need a  rework. 
  • Sekilicious
    While the Immortal Bros. are common there seem to be a few counters if you can mitigate the match and AoE damage. Reddit also has this thread.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/y53ysx/immortal_team_counter/

Colossus and Switch seem to be an effective counter if you target iHulk first to the point where Chasm does not tank anything. Electro and mThor mitigate the damage from hulk and deletes web and abyss tiles. 

Out of curiosity, does Thanos proc Court Death when killing Chasm? Or does Chasm stun him before he can?
    On a related note, does Chasm have an good partners if you don’t have the immortals champed. I’ve see a couple of Chasm/Silk. I was thinking Chasm/mThor but they kinda seem diametrically opposed.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 549 Critical Contributor

On a related note, does Chasm have an good partners if you don’t have the immortals champed. I’ve see a couple of Chasm/Silk. I was thinking Chasm/mThor but they kinda seem diametrically opposed.
    Chasm mThor are fine together as she provides an outlet to all of the other colors no covered by Chasm. 

Good partners? Of course. Try SMPP and Miles. Such a fun team. Many more suggestions will come.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    On another note, this thread made me smile as a much earlier thread, ( https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87385/chasm-i-hulk-thought#latest ), seemed to dismiss their relationship and thus, did not age as well. Some saw it coming; others did not.

Yes beatable, but preferable over skipping? Maybe not. Interesting dichotomy between the two threads.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,382 Chairperson of the Boards
    Call them Chunk and be done with it. No need for anything fancy because they surely are not.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a double Chasm match that lasted over 40 minutes until I finally won.
    I hate this meta.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    Tony_Foot said:
    Would it not have been easier to just tell him?
    HA HA HA
  • Sekilicious
    Chasm sometimes locking up the game.  İn this case  oppenent's ihulk  couldnt tank the chasm even he reach his max match damage. So oppenent's chasm kept making abbys tiles and this tiles turned into web tiles . So both of us's chasms became  invulnarable.  İ kept playing this game for 15 minute but  nothing changed.  İ think this is a software  bug. I'm not a "nerf" person but chasm need a  rework. 
    This is really a case of Chasm not being a good counter for Chasm. We should really work harder than requiring nerfs when we can’t bring any three random characters into a match and expecting to win easily.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,382 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is a little strange because he is not super easy to win with. I’m guessing he is out in place to discourage attacks and he is not used to climb with.

Ive tried to use him and he feels super slow. I’m PvE and PvP he feels some place in the middle. I would rank him a top 20 character. I probably don’t know how to use him properly though
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    dianetics said:
    It is a little strange because he is not super easy to win with. I’m guessing he is out in place to discourage attacks and he is not used to climb with.

Ive tried to use him and he feels super slow. I’m PvE and PvP he feels some place in the middle. I would rank him a top 20 character. I probably don’t know how to use him properly though

Mine isn't very well covered (and it seems he needs to be), I've only managed a few PVP wins with him and don't really see the point of him beyond being a scarecrow. On PVE he's at least useful for stopping the mindless ones' pregame slowdown.
  • mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    He s a somewhere in the middle character is the perfect assessment his scarecrow tendancy is self countered by him being relatively slow to get wins so he has a adjustment built within himself kindly don’t call for nerfs or adjustment it s too early and we l know how to use him and counter him as time goes by 
  • Sekilicious

No response on Thanos-Chasm interaction but apparently a 550 Thanos is a great counter to iHulk. Crystal counters both by doing permanent damage 

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/y5n0q6/duos_vs_chasm_ihulk_and_especially_the_550_chasm/
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    I go with Crystal/Emma. It needs a bit of precision to kill both at once but it works. And Crystal’s healing gives you time to manage.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I think Chasm needs a rework not because he is unbeatable but boring. AP drain is anti-fun.