Gargantos Heroic Boss Event Impressions

Comments

• Markot
    Markot Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I remember heroic style PVE events from past. I had much worse roster then, so it was harder to compete, but quite fun. And others had limited possibilities too, so my placement wasn't worse than at normal events. I think it is good that they try to return it back to enliven a bit monotonic style of events. And this boss event was great choice where to start - this boss is quite easy, can be killed by simple damage. Killing some trickier boss or beating CN nodes in normal PVE events would be much harder using very restricted roster.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    My Alliance are into Round 4 and I feel that we are getting the hang of this - denying blue really is the trick but you have to train yourself to do it because it is mainly useless to you. Agent Venom has been my MVP so far and Scorpion was always a great 4*. The nerf to Garg helps as well. I suspect when Garg starts to get some much bigger health pools the pain is gonna hit hard but the last run of this event really was far too easy so good on the Devs for trying something different.

I still hate the Dark Avengers though...
    His health pool barely moved last time? I think people panicked far too fat on this one. Whatever, I guess I will have to accept the overall dumbing down is what will happen from now op and hope for CL on boss events or CL11 for my future challenge. 

Gotta admit I don't remember (he was pretty easy to kill though) but if that is the case then this is by no means insurmountable, especially with the patch changes. This is not a Boss Rush situation we have going on here by any means.
  • DAZ0273
    I won't be surprised if all these hate and  vulgarities hurled at the dev (look at reddit) are the reasons why the ex-dev continued to roll out boring non-timed pves. Fight for Wakanda (timed), Places of Power boss event, Introduction...,  Shield Training and Puzzle Ops... 

I noticed that the only kind of challenges these players welcome are those easily solved by high school students: Collect 20 ap of x colours, create 20 strike tiles etc.

This is probably one of the conversations they had during the handover:

Ex-dev: You know, players alway complain about how stale pves are, and how they finishes boss events in 36-48 hours with nothing left to do. When we create something new and challenging, these are the common responses: vulgarities and threats.
    New dev: Ok, interesting. we'll keep this in mind.

-- Releases Heroic Gargantos boss event --

New dev: let's see if what they said is true...

Put yourself in the shoe of the dev. If you're always constantly under threats and verbal assaults for trying new challenging things, would you be encouraged to use the same old tried and tested boring formula or risk getting threatened?

However, there's a way out of this. Simply allow players to choose normal and insane mode of Heroic. If they hit insane mode, ask them three times if they are sure.

They deserve all the bad reactions they're getting for this dumpster fire.
    Choosing to bring back these Heroic events and then starting with the Dark Avengers is completely insane. There's no thematic connection between Gargantos and the Dark Avengers, like with Apocalypse vs X-Men for instance, so it feels like they just threw a dart at a dart board to decide which affiliation they were going to use. Or perhaps even worse, because they know that Kamala Khan is the first even semi-useful 5* being released since Shang-Chi, they thought it would be funny to dangle the carrot of two of her covers just out of reach for most players. Like placing a juicy steak just out of reach of a starving person. Not even Demiurge did anything that cruel and sadistic in the 4 years I've been playing this game.

Hoo boy you would have just looooooved Places of Power! Now that one was Demiurge having a big old belly laugh watching players try and co-ordinate in Alliances to get enough points to reach the best rewards but they didn't know the points totals needed in advance! Day 1 was a total trainwreck and ruined any chances of reaching the LT's on offer for a lot of Alliances (obviously the top guys breezed it and loved the thing). You also needed a newly released 4* (Nebula) for one of the most important nodes - 2 players in my alliance had her at that time (not me!). The Devs deliberately witheld the vital information needed to co-ordinate! Ha ha, it was mayhem! This is nothing!
  • Stan_The_Man
    Stan_The_Man Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Bad said:
    I went so far as a put down my champed samurai and yelena and I attemp it with the 3 loaners, samurai level 270, eddie 205 and bullseye level 188!! on round 5!!!.
    And I won. He went invisible 2 times but finally I beat him. And being loaners I didn't lose any healthpack. 
    I think someone complaining so much just simply is not interested on to use the brain and to play well, that's the real truth. 
    For me winning with those weak loaners, it's the only conclusion I got.

Or perhaps they are not interested in spending two hours three times a day for several days in a row just to finish a **** event with characters they hate?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm breezing through Round 4 with just 3* Daken and 3* Bullseye, without Gargantos firing his blue a single time. I ate his black a few times but it's not a big deal. If only i could play higher rounds...  :D
  • Stan_The_Man
    edited June 2022
    Bad said:

Or perhaps they are not interested in spending two hours three times a day for several days in a row just to finish a **** event with characters they hate?
    Then I am so kind as to give you 2 hints:
    - play more, grow stronger, champ em all, and level them up. That way you won't spend a lot of time on events like this anymore. 
    - just quit right now and forever. It's the easiest solution for you *redacted*.

**Mod note: removed inappropriate comment -fight4thedream

The only characters I don't have champed are 5*s. And ofcourse the 3 available for this event are among those still at lvl 255, seeing as one is ancient and the other two suck.
    The only way to champ all those classic 5*s is to take out another mortgage and spend it on this game. Maybe you are willing to do that, but I am not. It is a simple fact that champing all the 5*s is an unattainable goal for anyone who has been playing less than 6 years and is not willing to spend a fortune. Picking which 5* characters are worth to pursue and which to skip is the only viable roster management style for players who were not around "in the early days".
    And I have another solution: The devs don't arbitrarily decide for us which part of our roster, which we spent our time and money on to acquire, we can use for these events anymore. Then those who wish a challenge just use their 1*s or a Wasp/Banner team or something without annoying the rest of us with **** like this. Seems like a perfect solution to me.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:

- play more, grow stronger, champ em all, and level them up. That way you won't spend a lot of time on events like this anymore. 
    - just quit right now and forever. It's the easiest solution for you (and for anyone reading you).

The only characters I don't have champed are 5*s. And ofcourse the 3 available for this event are among those still at lvl 255, seeing as one is ancient and the other two suck.
    The only way to champ all those classic 5*s is to take out another mortgage and spend it on this game. Maybe you are willing to do that, but I am not. It is a simple fact that champing all the 5*s is an unattainable goal for anyone who has been playing less than 6 years and is not willing to spend a fortune. Picking which 5* characters are worth to pursue and which to skip is the only viable roster management style for players who were not around "in the early days".
    That’s a lie . I’ve been playing 3.5 years exactly today and I have 60% of the 5* covers needed to champ all the 5s and I’ve only been in the 5 tier for 18 months . I do not spend more than $200/yr and I don’t play competitively. As stated earlier , 6 more years in the current game model and I’ll have them all champed 
  • Stan_The_Man
    Bad said:

- just quit right now and forever. It's the easiest solution for you (and for anyone reading you).

That’s a lie . I’ve been playing 3.5 years exactly today and I have 60% of the 5* covers needed to champ all the 5s and I’ve only been in the 5 tier for 18 months . I do not spend more than $200/yr and I don’t play competitively. As stated earlier , 6 more years in the current game model and I’ll have them all champed 

Sure, and I say you are the one lying. We can do that all day, call eachother liars.
    I've been playing for nearly 4 years and most of my classic 5*s (except for the meta's I bought from the stores and special offers) have between 2 and 5 covers. Perhaps another 20 years and I'll have them all champed, with the dilution going on and the poor 5* rewards we get from events.
  • DAZ0273
    Bad said:

You could level them up to the level of your top 4's? They would have more health and their powers hit harder than at 255. Not much but something?

• Stan_The_Man
    I don't think a 2 cover Daken and a 2/1/1 Goblin will make much difference, even if I did have the iso to level them. And Yelena simply doesn't do any damage at all, so what would be the point?
  • DAZ0273
    I don't think a 2 cover Daken and a 2/1/1 Goblin will make much difference, even if I did have the iso to level them. And Yelena simply doesn't do any damage at all, so what would be the point?

I don't have any decent coverage on any of the 5's either so we seem to be in the same-ish boat. I dunno why you are struggling so much more than I am with this though.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve got the roster for this…but, it just isn’t fun.