Gargantos Heroic Boss Event Impressions

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,789 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep totally agree, I’m one of those people too. I ignored 30+ of the five stars and now will work to resolve that. It’s time to get some more depth in my roster.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2022
    As Hound just said, there’s synergy in the characters given. It’s just not “kill an entire team and punch above my weight class in 2 turns” great. 

Look… I really feel for those with low, 2 year old rosters. You probably don’t have the guns to really make this event a cakewalk like others. I get where you’re coming from. 

But you guys with 4-5 years in? You’re just complaining about the hand you dealt to yourself and want the devs to fix was has become YOUR mistake. You’re the ones who decided to forego everything else except the perceived meta or in anticipation of a meta shift. Well now it looks like new team is looking for a little more variety in your roster. 

Can you find it? If not…… that’s not a dev problem. That’s a roster development problem. I am literally walking through Gargantos and the side missions on match damage alone with baby champed 5*s. Come on guys….. the writing is on the wall now. It’s time to start fleshing out and developing that roster. 
    I started playing MPQ roughly a year ago (April 2021) so I have a "1 year roster".
    For the reasons I have mentioned before, I see this event as a big hassle more than anything else.

Like I said I don't need 4* or 5* characters to have fun. If only we could use regular Avengers I could use the likes of:

3* Wanda + Spidey + GSBW
    3* Cap + IM40
    3* Hulk + Thor
    Etc

But as it stands now, 2* and 3* Dark Avengers are really bad.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The loaners on round 6. A battle of 2 minutes.
    https://youtu.be/EQ1MxWmIdy8
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    **Mod note: I have removed some inappropriate comments and posts. I understand there are players who are frustrated with the event and you are free to provide feedback on why you are not enjoying the event. 

However,  attacking the dev team or other forum members is a violation of rule 7 and will not be tolerated. I understand things can get a bit heated but remember to, at the very least, be civil with one another. Thank you.
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Bad said:
    Watching Venom put a protect tile where Bullseye just destroyed one cracked me up for some reason.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    As Hound just said, there’s synergy in the characters given. It’s just not “kill an entire team and punch above my weight class in 2 turns” great. 

Look… I really feel for those with low, 2 year old rosters. You probably don’t have the guns to really make this event a cakewalk like others. I get where you’re coming from. 

But you guys with 4-5 years in? You’re just complaining about the hand you dealt to yourself and want the devs to fix was has become YOUR mistake. You’re the ones who decided to forego everything else except the perceived meta or in anticipation of a meta shift. Well now it looks like new team is looking for a little more variety in your roster. 

Can you find it? If not…… that’s not a dev problem. That’s a roster development problem. I am literally walking through Gargantos and the side missions on match damage alone with baby champed 5*s. Come on guys….. the writing is on the wall now. It’s time to start fleshing out and developing that roster. 
    I started playing MPQ roughly a year ago (April 2021) so I have a "1 year roster".
    For the reasons I have mentioned before, I see this event as a big hassle more than anything else.

Like I said I don't need 4* or 5* characters to have fun. If only we could use regular Avengers I could use the likes of:

3* Wanda + Spidey + GSBW
    3* Cap + IM40
    3* Hulk + Thor
    Etc

But as it stands now, 2* and 3* Dark Avengers are really bad.
    The loaners actually have some pretty decent synergy especially now that they have been boosted.  My alt account has nothing but champed 2*s and a couple of decent covered 3*s that aren't champed and aren't available so I switched this last time and used the loaners for everything.  

For the boss before you go in have +1all AP.  That will greatly slow down the boss counters.  Bring a big nuke as a team up, whatever the biggest your alliance mates have, some great ones in 5* land are BRB, Colossus, Black Widow, in 4* land Peggy, Cyclops, Ghost Rider (save until the last move since it does 200% of the damage done by the boss).  In 3* Deadpool's whales can finish him by itself and Punisher can down him with his red power if he's under 40% health.  

Once in match prioritize matches with Daken since his matches are going to do more damage.  The exception to that rule is if you can take away a blue match from Gargantos and if you can take out a counter.  Once you have enough to fire powers, Bulleye's purple is great because Venom will have made several enemy protects for you to use and both Venom and Daken can use green depending on how many specials are on the board will determine which you use.  Try to stay away from Daken's red power until you are ready to land the kill shot unless there are no enemy special left, I try to fire it right after Bullseye purple if there are only two protects.  
  • nixed
    nixed Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2022
    Bad said:

For me personally, loaners are the only way I can kill this. I've done it the same way.

But you got an extremely fairly lucky board here. I want to show you the one I just had. No black matches anywhere, black Tentacle Trash tile drained my remaining black AP, next turn Gargantos got a Match-5 blue from a cascade, boom dead in one turn. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    “Your insistence on bringing up BRB/Polaris or Hulk/Okoye as the only examples of synergy the rest of us are happy with misrepresents that further. “ 

Actually if you played PvP the past 2 years , which I have to presume by this statement you don’t , you’d find that 90% of the player base does not make it a misrepresentation. Either that or I’ve been on a 2 year hallucinatory trip.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    “Your insistence on bringing up BRB/Polaris or Hulk/Okoye as the only examples of synergy the rest of us are happy with misrepresents that further. “ 

Actually if you played PvP the past 2 years , which I have to presume by this statement you don’t , you’d find that 90% of the player base does not make it a misrepresentation. Either that or I’ve been on a 2 year hallucinatory trip.

The fact that people use the best defensive teams (so they appear as the vast majority of available teams in pvp above a player's floatpoint) does not mean that they are the only teams people use.  (And personally, I see more boosted 5*s than brb/polaris these days. I often hunt brb/polaris above 500).
  • Mathanugg
    Mathanugg Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    As a commander of newbie friendly alliance this event started out with some very low morale as they were getting wasted in the first 3 rounds where they don't have any issues till 6 or 7. Hope more though is put into the situations in the future. 
  • Daniel2121
    edited June 2022
    I reckon 3* Daken + Ragnarok would be a semi-decent team under normal circumstances. The two of them can heal and Daken's health regen offsets Rag's green hurting him. You chase green tiles to fuel Rag, while making strikes along the way further amplifying Rag's damage. You fire Rag's green doing a lot of damage with no worries because Daken's regen keeps him up. And if you ever need blue tiles for Daken's regen you can use Rag's red. All this sounds great in theory, right?

Well the problem is that Gargantos just chips health away by doing unhealable damage which negates this team's health regen for the most part.

And its not helped by the fact that Gargantos firing his blue once is basically game over. Which makes Rag's red largely a liability. You DON'T want to put more blue tiles on the board because the AI almost invariably chases those.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    It's not theory. I've already posted videos of me clearing Gargantos with 3* Daken/Bullseye. Veteran players who have problem with 3* Daken don't know the word "strategy". Theoretically speaking, 3* Daken looks like a terrible choice. In practice, 3* Daken is the MVP for 3* players. They just need to strategise.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards

If you cared to read literally the next sentence of my prior message, you’d see that I called those combinations an example of synergy so strong they are BROKEN.

There is synergy in this game between the extremes of those teams and the joke of synergy between the Dark Avengers.  For reference using Boosts and Supports to get a single cheap move off on turn two to hopefully one shot the boss is not a synergy.  Fun synergy is how Riri can knock opponents into the air and when paired with Archangel damages them and stuns them.

I’m all for creative solutions to push the player base out of relying so heavily of the Meta Flavor of the week.  Finding fun combinations of synergy is a large part of what keeps me coming back to this game…gosh, has it really been almost 9 years now that I’ve played this?
  • Daniel2121
    edited June 2022
    It's not theory. I've already posted videos of me clearing Gargantos with 3* Daken/Bullseye. Veteran players who have problem with 3* Daken don't know the word "strategy". Theoretically speaking, 3* Daken looks like a terrible choice. In practice, 3* Daken is the MVP for 3* players. They just need to strategise.
    I told you my 3* Daken is currently not champed, but I doubt that it would make a difference. Gargantos counters Daken + Rag very solidly for the reasons I've said.

3* Bullseye's purple is just way too expensive to rely on it. By the time I am able to use it, I got my team down by one member.

I just gave up already on this event since I inevitably lose against Gargantos no matter what team I use. The best synergy 3* DA guys have to offer is already shut down by the one-eyed octopus. And everything else is just... garbage.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    Theoretically, what you said is plausible.

However, in practice, what you said is not true. You need to think out of the box and strategise. Yes, strategise. 

And 7 ap is considered expensive now...
  • Bad

I just gave up already on this event since I inevitably lose against Gargantos no matter what team I use. The best synergy 3* DA guys have to offer is already shut down by the one-eyed octopus. And everything else is just... garbage.
    Have you seen my video? They are the loaners at round 6.
    Do you have the loaners? Yes, you have them.
    Then, what's was exactly the problem...??
  • HoundofShadow
    The problem is he's already thinking that he's losing no matter what suggestions are given to him. 7ap is expensive to him. By the time he hits 7aps, he's downed. 

It's either a mindset or strategy problem.

• Daniel2121
    edited June 2022
    Bad said:

Have you seen my video? They are the loaners at round 6.
    Do you have the loaners? Yes, you have them.
    Then, what's was exactly the problem...??
    Lol. Of course I have the loaners. It doesn't matter, my rostered versions of the loaners (3* Bullseye and my Eddie Venom which is 3/3/3) are better than the loaners. It doesn't matter, they still fold down like paper. The "synergy" between them is just too weak for them to be anything worthwhile.

Believe it or not, 7 AP for a power is somewhat expensive. The reason why things like Polaris' blue stun which is 7 blue AP work at all is because you have a battery (BRB's yellow) fueling them.

It's not as bad as 10-12 AP and beyond, but by the time Bullseye's purple amounts to something, I've already lost the game.

Sure, you can overdose on AP boosts to have more to start with, but it's all the same because you can't keep the AP coming.

It's just not fun.
  • Bad
    I've put down my champed guys for to check the loaners already 3 times.
    2 of them I won, and the last one I recorded the video. Another one I lost and he had 3000 health left.
    I understand! I have extremely good boards in all my attempts.
    No! It's something else! My loaners are better than yours, for some strange reason.