Gargantos Heroic Boss Event Impressions

Options
ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,266 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
Hilarious. For me personally i love this challenge, and have the roster for it. Really curious what others think.

The only available 5* team is Goblin/Old Man Daken/Yelena, no synergy at all and Daken is actively hemmoraging the black that Goblin wants, so it looks like it'll be a brute force matching experience for the most part. most of my very junior alliance is going to have to play it with loaners.

UI-wise, it would be really nice if the characters you can't use (basically everyone) were greyed out instead of just looking like they were un-boosted to make it clear. one of my alliance mates asked me if it was broken.

Comments

• Gracktbnarkt
    Gracktbnarkt Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2022
    Options
    This looks like an error to me, like all slots were labeled for essential characters not just the centers on the side slots
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,266 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the most forgiving affiliation they could have chosen would have been X-Men if they didn't want to go with Heroes or Villains. Dark Avengers is very restricted.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    I can see why they thought it was safe to give out 5* reward covers.  Damn near nobody is going to get them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be better if it got greyed out. I thought, "Isn't this event restricted to only Dark Avengers?" And I tried selecting them, but failed.  :D

My first impression is that it's interesting and challenging. Right now, it's still at low level, but my unchamped OMD ate 27k damage from his blue. 

It reminds me a little of playing against 5* Gambit 1st "nerf" passive ap destruction.

The team I used was OMD, Green Goblin and Eddie Brock. Beautiful synergy as of now, but late game I have to switch to something else.

As for my alt account, I used OMD as a tank and used 3* Bullseye and fully covered level 70 Eddie Brock.

This probably explains why we got so many Eddie Brock covers?
  • jbtilley
    jbtilley Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I enjoy the occasional 48 hour nodes because they help prevent burnout. If boss events are going to be this terrible going forward, they'll end up being a nice three day break from the game.

The nerf (having to select from a small subset of characters) made round one too difficult. I can't imagine how hard later rounds will be and I can't see even competing at all after the difficulty spike that occurs after the first day.
  • TheWarDoctor
    TheWarDoctor Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah this one's kinda crazy rough round one. I'm developing my 4* roster right now with around 15 champed and a good chunk slowly working their way but I have hardly any Dark Avengers and only managed round 1 with team ups. Rip my chances at this event