Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not a fan of this 💩
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't have an open Boss Gargantos to look at, but Player Gargantos requires 9 blue and 8 black to do his moves.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like the idea of a Heroic style roster restricted event but the DA are bottom of the barrel as far as both effectiveness and being fun to play with. The later rounds of this are probably going to be initial clear pve length, and that’s gonna be a total drag
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My OMD and Yelena each have one cover, so I don't have any 5* power to wield. 4* Eddie's are mostly/fully covered, but aren't levelled. Scorpion is my leas covered 4* at six covers. 

Still, I beat round 1 & 2 Gargantos with 3* Daken, 3* Bullseye, and Sentry... and then just barely lost round 3. As long as I get full progression (both alliance and personal), then I don't much care if I lose a lot. Gotta get those progression rewards though!
    Three steps forward and four steps back by the developers since taking over MPQ.  Personally, I should be fine with this (heavily in 5* land).  But we have an Alliance supporting players with not as advanced a roster and this event really is a disincentive for them playing.  If this was the intent, it might have been nice to have announced it early so players could work on and roster the characters.  Springing it out there really makes no sense.  Surprised with all the good done recently that this event would occur with no warning.
    To me, this feels like the first step back of many steps forward. I'm still rather happy with the move to BCS.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3 black and 7 blue for AI since first run.
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Let this be a reason, 5* Green Goblin needs a rework, also, boss/alliance events are going to be like this, we need more balance when it comes to the affiliations between characters, because I agree, the Dark Avengers suck, we also new more characters for DA, Inhumans, Eternals when the affiliation becomes available and unite champions with young avengers because they're basically the same.
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The gargantos event is awful. I don't see how anyone can complete it. by round 3 G is killing my entire team in like 4 or 5 turns - he starts with a health of like 15,000 and ends with like 12,000. And EVERY battle costs me 2 healthpacks. How many battles will I have to do to get event rewards at 3K damage per round - and that number will go down as Gargantos gets stronger. Being stuck to the **** Dark Avengers is just wrong - the characters just suck.

Bottom line, the event is not fun in any way - instead it is a slap in the face.
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wasn't someone at BCS a fan of MPQ? What happened to that person?
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 714 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Chirus said:
    Wasn't someone at BCS a fan of MPQ? What happened to that person?
    That would be @DevpoolMPQ_BCS
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Still, I beat round 1 & 2 Gargantos with 3* Daken, 3* Bullseye, and Sentry... and then just barely lost round 3. As long as I get full progression (both alliance and personal), then I don't much care if I lose a lot. Gotta get those progression rewards though!

I handily beat round 1/2 using Agent Venom, Scorpion, 3* Daken and have have won my 1st round 3 battle with him (waiting on refresh now).  Daken won't be a viable team mate even in round 3 because his strikes will be fuel for Gargantos power so I'll be switching to an undercover 5 as a meat shield. On the other hand, a Chewie support at Rank 3+ is at least viable for a few more rounds and quite handy for doing extra damage.

Problem is that our weaker alliance members already struggling because they don't have Agent Venom/Scorpion champed so we are going to lose a lot of points from players unable to beat the boss. My guess is my alliance will be lucky to get to round 6.

I suspect anyone who doesn't have champed 4*s (L300+) won't make personal progression because lost boss battles will cost a lot of points.  I'll consider myself lucky to make personal progression.

KGB
  • Nero
    Nero Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Its a suicide squad team match!!! I like the idee but i want more characters with a sinergie for fighting. I m dead before i can fire a single power and they re not crazy powers.
    I think some characters like Samurai Daken need a serious improvement in their mechanics.

Another thing, why not having the choice for fighting a tiny Gargantos or a very strong Gargantos that hit verry hard with much more good reward? So little rosters can play the game.

• Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well this was an unpleasant surprise.   Dark Avengers?  Really?  I wish they had at least greyed the non-available characters out to make things a bit clearer.
    I'm really disappointed that you shackled us this was not just for the Boss rounds but for every node.  It's boring to play the same characters over and over and frustrating to be forced to use characters with no synergy or who are not well matched for the fight.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm surprised to see many comments (including in reddit) about how Dark Avengers have no synergy. You gotta be kidding me.  :o
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish the unusable characters were greyed out. 

But other than that, this is fun. 5+ Yelena and Saumrai Dak are doing work. The DA don’t have a lot of synergy but I can make it work.