Gargantos Heroic Boss Event Impressions

Options

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,174 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do like the idea of experimenting with a restricted roster in a boss event. Just that there are some issues with this particular boss event:

- Shuma does a ton of damage, and can go invisible. I feel a boss like Infinity Gauntlet Thanos would have been better for a restricted roster.
    - there are already lots of reports from players about being wiped in round 1. Boss events shouldnt be too easy, but round 1? If there are going to be 8 rounds, it should start getting difficult around round 6 at least.
    - this really hurts young and small rosters. Those who don’t have any of Goblin, Old Man Daken, Yelena champed can forget about this event and take the weekend off. Dark Avengers also take a long time to get AP to use their powers. By the time you’ve accumulated all that AP, Shuma has destroyed you with his Blue and gone invisible for 2 turns.
    - why Dark Avengers anyway? The characters in Multiverse of Madness would have been much better (yes I know they were boosted the previous event, but they’d still be a millionfold better than Dark Avengers). Even using only all Villains would have been better. We trying to return to MPQ’s Dark Reign roots?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,266 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My only complaint is i'm traveling this weekend, so I can't really test my roster against it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Who are those players who always complain how it's a joke that side nodes are harder than boss nodes? please stand up. :D

Just to update, my alt account got wiped 3 times and all of them are due to cascades into blue. Oh and I was wondering why my aps are depleting so fast. His cd reduces ap by 3. 

It has been a long time since I got wiped out in boss event 50% of the time. A very challenging boss event indeed.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,266 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't joke about that, i just observe that it's true lol. because they are harder than the boss nodes.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    I was hoping this may be the issue, and the Devs would jump on fixing it, but it does say it's a Dark Avengers-only event. What IS broken is not blacking out the characters we cannot use.
    "Oh, I can still use them; they're just not boosted."
    "Not so fast, Timmy. Ha ha ha."

I just wanted to add my downvote for this event.

I've been playing almost since launch. I've been feeling burned out for a very long time now, and I have a VERY solid 5-star roster, so I should be coasting, and I am, and maybe that's the problem. Shang-Chi did bring something new to the table, and I enjoy the puzzle aspect of trying to maintain winfinite with him, Onslaught, & Doc Ock, even if winfinite does make matches a little longer, but a "change" like this event being Dark Avengers-only is NOT how you make friends and influence people.

Actually, no, it may influence people...to quit. And as I don't believe that's your goal you seriously need to think VERY hard before making drastic changes to the game. Change is good, we've been in a stagnant rut for a very long time. But only change for the better is good. Changes like a Dark Avengers-only event? Not good. Just my 2-cents.
    I too have been playing since just after launch, and as there has been a recent MAJOR change behind the scenes, I’m curious if how much of this is due to the changing of the guard as it were.

I personally have always enjoyed these alliance events as they are unaffected by other Alliance Players, and it’s just your Alliance vs the Boss for what you can earn.  I like the rental teams always being available, but using them against round 1 should NOT be just throwing the match away.

Besides the “have a 5* team and match damage your way through while denying. Blue”; has anyone found any good strategies for this?
  • OGAlphateam
    OGAlphateam Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I don’t mind events being difficult, but tying my hands behind my back doesn’t seem fair. Such a limited roster of crummy players with no synergy. The level 1 boss should not kick my butt. 
  • Stelmasker
    Stelmasker Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Interesting concept; poorly executed...The format is interesting, but agree that something seems massively off when a lv. 50 boss is one-shotting a fully champed 250+ lv. character with a single blue firing.

Either Garg isn't scaled properly, or the DAs are a lot worse than thought.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OK... who said they wanted a "Heroic" Boss event with utterly horrible characters?  Come on speak up because we know who won't say anything......
  • CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Well this event its stupid. Plain and simple.

I thought the rewards were great, but after round 1 I think they're extremely low
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    *tries to select 4-star Juggernaut*

Huh. Why doesn't this work? Only Dark Avengers? What?

*looks at the bench*

Brock! Looks like you're backing Old Man Daken and the Goblin. Suit up!
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah I was looking forward to this event but after playing it, blech. A boss event with locked out characters is tough enough but making Dark Avengers the only characters who can be used makes it no fun at all. I'm still transitioning to five-star (eight 5*s champed) and I'm getting wiped in Round 1. Not fun at all.
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    #you'renotsupposedtowin 😬
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dark Avengers were a very bad choice for this
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 714 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's slightly worrying when samurai daken can get one shotted in round 3
  • jeffsterz
    jeffsterz Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Also, why aren't the unusable covers not X'ed out?
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also, I pulled a one-star Venom from the Peer Into Madness vault. I didn't think it was possible to do that. In fact, I don't even see a one-star greyed out in the vault now.