{Update} Upcoming Gameboard Fixes (3/19/21)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1) It's impossible to make every player happy when changes happen. 

2) The dev also shared with us one of their industry jargon related to missing targeted date, which is common in the industry. I can't remember the term but it was posted a year or two back in this forum. With that information in mind, I won't expect rollout to be executed perfectly on time. 

3) The players in the forum are probably out of the touch with the general playerbase as a whole. The players in here hate changes that don't benefit them personally. Every change need to have some kind of benefits. That probably explain the biasness of the polls. One of the benefits of the change that one cheating exploit has  been closed successfully.

4) what kind of culture are the players trying to create when they have been writing mostly hateful comments and insults regarding the dev for the past few years? They continue to do this because they know the moderator and admin won't punish them for doing that. It looks like a case of the pot calling the kettle black. It's fine to hurl toxic comments at the  dev, but it's not fine when the players get some thrown back in their faces. What kind of culture do those players expect?  :p
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I don’t disagree, the issue here is more complex than a movie delayed for reshoots. For those who are angsty, I think it boils down to:

1) The game is unplayable for some and causing physical pain for others. Some are pausing/quitting, which puts strain on alliances as well. 

2) The developers gave a target date and people were excited to get back into the swing of things. 

3) And this is the big one... there was nothing wrong with the old board. When I polled people on the forums, 87% chose the old board over the new.  13% chose new over old.  Clearly this one has problems- some health-related, and the developers never gave an option to roll it back while taking time to make the proper fixes. Well, it’s “just” a few weeks right?  The longer that timeline extends the worse the decision not to roll back the changes looks. 
    4) The overall toxicity on this board right now. I’m sick of “it’s not a problem for me, so it’s not a problem” posts. The lack of empathy, the flaunting of privilege and the outright hateful comments towards those who struggle with disabilities is sickening. This one isn’t on the developers, but I do put it on the moderators of this board, and am naming it because it adds to the overall “‘vibe” here. The posters who outright boast about their “flag” count as a badge of honor and high-five over trolling do so because they know they’ll get to stick around with their hateful comments.  I mean trolls are going to troll and it’s whatever, but the fact that it’s allowed while other stuff is hyper-enforced, makes you ask the question: what kind of culture do you want to create here?
    It should be noted that Micheal1957 was banned from the forum, I assume for his hateful posts. He was bringing the most toxicity towards people who cannot play because of the changes. I'm not sure why they couldn't go back to the old board, though I think it was because of the speed exploit, and possibly other fixes that were rolled into the new UI. I don't know how difficult it is to program color but I concur that, if nothing else, the old color pattern should have been prioritized for the most recent update. 
    Ohh. I didn’t know that. Appreciate the info. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having some respect for yourself would mean not choosing to support a group of developers who don't respect you.  This would include choosing to support them with your money *as well as* choosing to support them with your time and attention.

If you think they're incompetent or worse, actively hostile to players in general, why are you continuing to support them at all?  Why would you even wait around for an update at this point?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The posters who outright boast about their “flag” count as a badge of honor and high-five over trolling do so because they know they’ll get to stick around with their hateful comments.  I mean trolls are going to troll and it’s whatever, but the fact that it’s allowed while other stuff is hyper-enforced, makes you ask the question: what kind of culture do you want to create here?
    Oops! Until some time ago I was earning flags at such speed that I was considering keeping on for to achieve the complete 195 official world collection flags.
    And then it stopped and I felt a bit sad. I must be losing my touch.

But obviously... if there is a bunch of vets flagging every comment you do... if anyone quoting you gets a ton of likes and insightfuls...if you are called the white knight of the devs...perhaps flags should be counted as a badge of honor, given that is something others forumers click to you, in exchange for someone contribution to the forum, and personally I think mine is quite good.

And there is the arguable question if critic players get something in exchange for their insults and negativity. Personally I think they never do.
    Michael was banned? If incumpling forum rules and not listed to mod warnings, banning is sure. 
    Not because other users want him to be.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,624 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

3) The players in the forum are probably out of the touch with the general playerbase as a whole. The players in here hate changes that don't benefit them personally. Every change need to have some kind of benefits. That probably explain the biasness of the polls. 

4) what kind of culture are the players trying to create when they have been writing mostly hateful comments and insults regarding the dev for the past few years? They continue to do this because they know the moderator and admin won't punish them for doing that. It looks like a case of the pot calling the kettle black. It's fine to hurl toxic comments at the  dev, but it's not fine when the players get some thrown back in their faces. What kind of culture do those players expect?  :p
    Not this time they weren't. This was all over Facebook and other forums with a massive push back against the changes. You can't always say "Only the Vets are moaning" when that is not true (and you are yourself now in fact a Vet!)

It also seems to me that the Devs are not actually here to have insults thrown at them (that is their choice, blah blah toxicity, etc) so all of this just comes down to a proxy war where nobody is really representing anything other than a forumites chosen interpretation of the situation. I mocked Michael1957 for his complete lack of empathy and would have done so again, the Mods removed my post (their discretion) but clearly saw that Michael was not adding more to the forum than he was taking away. I found it strange that Michael's original post was allowed to stand - I could be wrong but it was the most flagged post I have ever seen and yet was not removed. You cannot then blame some posters questioning why. It cannot all have been frivolous use of the flag button (which definitely does go on to be fair).

I think you add to the Forum, despite you being controversial but you have slipped back into painting with broad strokes on here it seems.
  • Bad
    Options
    I was never defending michael's insults to be clear. That was never a positive addition.
    Talking on my own approach. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,624 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still feel it is not too late to implicate my Care Bear plan.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    **Mod note: Removed an inappropriate post. Remember this thread is to discuss updates in regards to the gameboard changes. Please keep this thread on topic. Thank you. 
  • Bad
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I still feel it is not too late to implicate my Care Bear plan.
    We all could laugh like crazy at the end of each episode without apparent reason.
    That always thrilled me a lot more than their belly beans.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    Options

2) The dev also shared with us one of their industry jargon related to missing targeted date, which is common in the industry. I can't remember the term but it was posted a year or two back in this forum. With that information in mind, I won't expect rollout to be executed perfectly on time. 

We were given a date that we should expect improvement by from the devs and the devs were unable to deliver. This is absolutely the correct time to raise a stink. I pay for this service and expect a certain level of care in return, if I'm not receiving that my options are either to complain and hope to be part of the change I wish to see or simply to leave. I expect the devs would prefer to keep a paying customer around, so I'm doing the beneficial thing by them by sticking around and airing my grievances.Now, perhaps we value our time and money differently, but I'm tired of being slighted by the devs in this manner and won't last much longer if they keep it up.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @LakeStone
    Thank you for implementing the fix, but unfortunately (for me) I'm now experiencing eye fatigue pretty quickly from the very high contrast on the white/silver elements of the game board (team up tiles and friendly specials) being extremely bright to my eyes. I've gone into my "night shift" settings on iOS and manually turned that on, and it seems to have solved the eye fatigue issue except that now my entire device is warm-shifted the whole color palatte and nothing is displaying at true color. I didn't love the pre-update color palette, but it wasn't causing me any vision issues whereas this one now (for me) definitely is causing noted eye strain with associated headache. I would recommend dialing just a tad of whiteness out of those elements to take the edge off if anyone feels compelled to try and address this moving forward.  

But I do like the general improvement in tile color contrast, and the pulsation that was added does help make the chaged tiles seem more pronounced, and of course the reduction in the dimming is great.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like it !
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @LakeStone

Please correct the Pink tiles.   They are not Purple.   The one on the far left is purple.  Now that's a purple.  It should be like that.    

Also the Lime Green is currently like this.  Look at how close it is to the yellow in this photo.   Please make it closer to green, not like Mountain Dew Lime Green.

• Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I appreciate the effort put into all the changes but is there really no way to have the enemy turn screen flicker made into an on/off feature that the user could choose? Even with the lowered intensity I'm still finding it distracting and a strain.
    Thanks.
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    I think the screen dimming is related to the speed patch and therefore needs to stay on some level. I'm not a fan of it either but it's better than it was at least. 

Really glad for the adjusted colors, MUCH easier to see and finally makes the game playable again. That said, the gameboard still looks terrible.  It's no longer game breaking but it just doesn't look as sharp as the old one did.