{Update} Upcoming Gameboard Fixes (3/19/21)

Comments

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2021
    Yeah,  I kind of wonder if they can even roll out the change without a proper update.
    This change is affecting how much I play the game, but at this point I would rather them take time to get it right, even if that’s two more weeks or whatever.
    It kind of grinds me to say that, but the initial rollout felt like it must have been rushed into existence.  I really can’t think of any other explanation for some of the design choices.  
    So I can take a longer semi-vacation.  Done it in the past because of things like work, and I survived,  so I can hang in there for now.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I fail to see why it’s necessary to go through all the trouble for a handful of whiners . No one in my alliance quit nor even complained . A few liked the new look . The slices we enter are all still as full as they always were . My placement scores haven’t changed in the past 3 weeks so the insignificant number who allegedly left apparently either haven’t or are irrelevant to the game as a whole . I hope the devs take into account the cost and time effectiveness over the past few weeks and realize there are always going to be Chicken Littles here no matter what they do . No one can please everybody, even our country works on the concept of only pleasing 51%. I either accept the results or emigrate. 
  • slow
    slow Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2021
    Until today I still having Dizziness issue with BRB's board tiles. Please just revert back to old game board and I think most didn't have any issue with the old goodness.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Have we heard anything about this yet? Am I missing something?
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Have we heard anything about this yet? Am I missing something?
    Nope.  Nothing at all.
  • merb713
    merb713 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Yup. Still waiting.
    And with the announcement about WandaVision Wanda I reeeally want to play again!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably, they are trying to work the fix for the other "hack" together with this update. We'll know if it happens when those top 1% players post here again.  :D
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Polares said:
    What a MESS, you guys are showing everyone how to NOT do things.

You should have reverted the initial changes immediately and then work in the fixes for the amount of time needed. When changes like this go live you should ALWAYS be able to revert those changes...

I hope you will learn from this, but it might already be too late for this game...
    Frankly, I’ve completely got used to it (except for the yellow power charge effect) and I think a complete change back would annoy me as much as it annoyed me when I first saw the new layout. I understand people who actually physically suffer from these changes are pissed, but « too late for this game » ? Noone I know has dropped it.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess would be that they're in no hurry to adjust or fix any of this because the overall engagement metrics and spending metrics haven't changed appreciably.  Obviously I don't know, but if players were really leaving in the kind of numbers people are speculating about, it would have been changed by now.

Anecdotally I know of nobody who's quit over this, competition hasn't changed, and the spending I'm aware of seems about the same.  I know there have been some reports of people quitting or taking a break, but the majority of people who are upset seem to be playing (and spending) just as much as before. 

Why would they rush to adjust this if it's not impacting their business?
  • liminal_lad
    What a lovely world view you have!

Truly an incredible POS you must be.

Be patient. Eventually he’ll do something bad like, say, express concerns about cheating in the game and the mods will be compelled to step in and do something.
    What the mods permit is what they promote. It seems pretty clear that they either support what Michael’s saying or don’t see anything wrong with it. All of this and the slow rollout of fixes is really convincing me to quit. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    If all the people who said they were going to quit over this actually quit, this would've been fixed 2 weeks ago.

If all the people who were concerned about their friends' health walked out with them in solidarity, this would've been fixed 3 weeks ago.

I guess a 5* release is more important though...
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor

Be patient. Eventually he’ll do something bad like, say, express concerns about cheating in the game and the mods will be compelled to step in and do something.
    What the mods permit is what they promote. It seems pretty clear that they either support what Michael’s saying or don’t see anything wrong with it. All of this and the slow rollout of fixes is really convincing me to quit. 
    The dude is a troll and/or a narcissist but what, the mods should just erase every unpopular opinion?  

I disagree with everything about his bad take but also don't think he said anything that should be flagged and/or hidden.   Even bad takes are feedback.   
  • liminal_lad
    revskip said:

The dude is a troll and/or a narcissist but what, the mods should just erase every unpopular opinion?  

I disagree with everything about his bad take but also don't think he said anything that should be flagged and/or hidden.   Even bad takes are feedback.   
    I thought there was an attempt by the moderators to keep the dialog civil and not abusive, but I guess I was wrong about that. It seems like their only purpose here is to cut out advice on how to cheat and vaguely keep things on topic.