{Update} Upcoming Gameboard Fixes (3/19/21)

Options

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Things seemed quieter in Top Gun. I stayed out unshielded in the last hour just out of interest and only got hit once.
    There may be other factors.  My alliance mate just posted pics of the complete opposite experience.  He tried to hop to go from 1170 to break 1200 in the last 2 hours of the event and he wound up at 641 instead.  Got hit by almost 20 different  people.
    Wow, that’s a pretty horrific hop.  How long was he out and what team was he running?  

Can only imagine he had one of those fights that went on so long it would’ve been better to have retreated once things started to go sideways rather than persevering. 
    I think he usually runs brbitty, but he also has a usually hulkoye.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His friend must be in slice 2 or 5.  :D 
    Your points drop by 200 points easily in these two slices if you are getting 900 and above.
    Yes,  we both play slice 2 but usually we can hop in about a minute.  He just had a bad game that went much longer than usual. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All these feedbacks and displeasure point to only one thing: the only "real" solution is them rolling back the change. Any other solution is not a solution. They have only one choice. It's an either/or situation. Anything in between is not allowed. You are either with me, or against me. It's my way, or the highway etc.
  • CreepCanRoll
    CreepCanRoll Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As a stopgap solution that would be awesome. However, they had reasons for the changes, which is why I’m assuming they didn’t just roll them back immediately. However it would be nice for the fixes to move faster. But I’m guessing they don’t want to make things worse. 

I don’t think we are opposed to change if it actually looks better. Consumer brands do this all the time. 
    Another thing, instead of dimming enemy turns, just speed that up. We don’t need flashes. There seem to be long pauses at times too. Just play their turn and let us get back to ours. 
    I enjoy playing the game but sitting there waiting for AI to move seems silly. Let’s get that over with so I can make my next move. 
    Speaking of waiting, though, waiting for fixes is probably causing players to quit. Or at least not spend $. 
    I’d have daily updates for timetable and screenshots/videos of the proposed fixes. We are here, use us for feedback. 

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am gonna give them a fair shake.  I was ready to pack it in yesterday, uninstalled and everything, but I noticed once my head cleared up from getting some peace from the new game board, I realized no reason to be hasty.  I can wait and see if the changes they make fix the problems for me.  I am in a non competitive alliance so no problems.  It might be nice anyways to take a little break.  Especially now is a good time because won’t mind missing Phoenix and Lumbercap too much.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now they aknowledged the feedback and they are going to fix it as sooner as possible. 
    If they would release a fix tomorrow and if it is a fail product of hasty answering,  I dont want to imagine how the complaining would be. 
    In my alliance almost everybody hit the 900k points against thanos. Im not seeing difference on pve or pvp.
    So thanks for the fix devs!
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am gonna give them a fair shake.  I was ready to pack it in yesterday, uninstalled and everything, but I noticed once my head cleared up from getting some peace from the new game board, I realized no reason to be hasty.  I can wait and see if the changes they make fix the problems for me.  I am in a non competitive alliance so no problems.  It might be nice anyways to take a little break.  Especially now is a good time because won’t mind missing Phoenix and Lumbercap too much.
    Glad to hear that. Hoping all who are having problems playing stick around or come back. I'm doing fine with it, haven't had any problems. Apocalypse is over 500 is sweet and hoping everyone on hiatus returns.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Since you people are fixing the gameboard, how about also fixing the teamups?   These characters should be available for teamups, they do have powers that can be cast: 

4* 
    Taskmaster
    Ghost
    Mockingbird
    Legion
    Negasonic
    Punisher
    Lockjaw
    Antman
    Rocket-Groot
    Gamora
    updated Bishop
    Coulson

• Cannibalqueen
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Is Gamora black the limited power?

Because I bet a lot of those are just straight up coding issues.  Like how would picking Taskmaster’s power set translate to a team up?  And also Ant-Mans powers transform from one thing to another.  
    Is 5* Prof X purple a viable team up?  
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Is Gamora black the limited power?

Because I bet a lot of those are just straight up coding issues.  Like how would picking Taskmaster’s power set translate to a team up?  And also Ant-Mans powers transform from one thing to another.  
    Is 5* Prof X purple a viable team up?  
    Antman has his yellow.   Taskmaster has direct attacks, the devs can figure it out.  Gamora has a red for damage and black that drops attack tiles, it's also the one that can instantly kill but all it needs to do for teamup is drop the purple attack tiles
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I assume a large part of that 3 weeks is due to Apple store limitations?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They took about 3-5 days to give a response, and rolling back the change was one of their options. They would have done all the pros and cons of each option and decided that the pros of not rolling back outweigh all the cons. Who knows, maybe if the hack wasn't made known to even a bigger group of (casual) players, they might be able to roll things back. That's one possibility but it's all a guess.

I think players who are suffering from the effects of the current board and are still continuing to play need to re-examine their priority. If I were them, I would stop playing the game until the fixes are out. Why risk your health for virtual rewards? If you love your teammates who are suffering great ill effects from playing the game, please persuade them to stop playing for a while, and update them when the fixes are in.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Options

Antman has his yellow.   Taskmaster has direct attacks, the devs can figure it out.  Gamora has a red for damage and black that drops attack tiles, it's also the one that can instantly kill but all it needs to do for teamup is drop the purple attack tiles
    That’s interesting.  I can still see Taskmaster being an issue, because then every time you equipped that teamwork,  you would have to assign what power it was, 

I checked my four stars and I remember at some point an enemy team deployed a Yondu blue Centaurian Archery on me.  And that’s a power that seems active and transforms.

That’s one I thought would’ve been ruled out maybe. I wonder what the actual hard lines are for that.

for me it doesn’t matter, I don’t like team ups.  People in my alliance request and I always send Deadpool and my one star Widow.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yondu’s blue does chip damage every turn until specifically Yondu hits some damage threshold-so if he isn’t in the fight there is no stop to the chip damage - that is my assumption as to why that otherwise desirable team up is disallowed. You can see some other available team ups that have a “does something to this character” component where that is turned off and the damage or effect remains, but those are typically burst health. A notable example is BRB’s blue which does damage and drops a Cd, but doesn’t spit out protects the way a real brb blue would even if he isn’t the one receiving the damage.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Since you people are fixing the gameboard, how about also fixing the teamups?   These characters should be available for teamups, they do have powers that can be cast: 

4* 
    Taskmaster
    Ghost
    Mockingbird
    Legion
    Negasonic
    Punisher
    Lockjaw
    Antman
    Rocket-Groot
    Gamora
    updated Bishop
    Coulson

Ghost - her red has a condition tied to her status,so I can understand how that rules that out. Mockingbird has a condition of damage to herself on Red. Punisher green and black have conditions, not sure about blue.
    Rocket Groot green - Groot actually disappears for this so I suspect that has coding issues.
    Coulson seems a strange one but as this is basically a heroic version of Kingpin's yellow I have to ask can you get that as a team-up? Not sure you can? Yet you can get both Fury and 5 Cap's multi-team effect as team-ups.
    Legion is probably too complicated.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What matters (for whatever under the hood reasons) is whether a power has a passive component and possibly also if it does self damage.
    Maybe one more case I'm forgetting about. 
    In those cases, the power can't be sent as a TU. 
  • prudie
    prudie Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I want to tear out my eyes 

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    prudie said:
    I want to tear out my eyes 

I feel so bad for anyone suffering from colorblindness looking at that screen.