{Update} Upcoming Gameboard Fixes (3/19/21)

Options

Comments

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have found that certain icons are less glaring than others. And Apocalypse with his big ugly “A” is one of the worst offenders, aesthetically speaking (in my opinion, of course). 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apoc's icon is just terrible, there's no debating it, uninspired and ugly.
  • pestilentpangolin
    pestilentpangolin Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Second prize to beta ray bill. And since those two are the tanks on my pick-3 team it all looks ugly. It's much better playing with any other characters though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apoc’s icon kind of is his icon in comics though...
  • sinnerjfl
    Options
    It just looks bad when it shows up like 34 times on the board is the thing...    heh that's true for all of them, woops!
  • sinnerjfl
    Options
    Second prize to beta ray bill. And since those two are the tanks on my pick-3 team it all looks ugly. It's much better playing with any other characters though.
    It's such a tiny little hammer, looks like a squeaky toy!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aweberman said:
    I have found that certain icons are less glaring than others. And Apocalypse with his big ugly “A” is one of the worst offenders, aesthetically speaking (in my opinion, of course). 
    Well, the guy is kind of garish, stubborn, intrusive, , blockish, and old-fashionedly totalitarian in character. That "A" more or less fits his character...
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Indeed. I'd imagine that BRB wields a dauntingly large hammer, in truth. Like Thor certainly must, too.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2021
    Options
    You know this last week or so was just playing a few matches to get my daily milestone,
    And not getting much headaches,  today I pushed it tho, did about half the PVE plus got into top 100 PVP and shielded.
    and a few matches, no headaches, but for real, if I play for 20 minutes or so,I have a headache for the rest of the night.
    not like I am gonna die or anything,  but it’s annoying and next week couldn’t come sooner for me.  I really hope they fix this.  
    I want to love this game so much, but it’s like they are trying to make this harder than it needs to be. 
    If you guys like it, great, but in the meantime,
    zero option for those of us who it’s actually causing problems for.

such an easily avoidable situation too.  
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2021
    Options
    The stupid icons on the tiles aren’t even half the problem.  Apocalypse having an ‘A’ is perfectly fine.  That’s how his icon always was.
    problem is now it’s jammed down your throat and impossible to avoid and distracts from enemy specials and even your own charged and repeater tiles.
    BRB’s icon is totally fine,  just make a UI that doesn’t give me a headache and that I can in a glance detect enemy specials and charged tiles,

a lot of the new icons are really cool too, I love them, but they just don’t need to be turned up to **** 11.
    we need to easily parse more things than ‘who’s going to be responsible for that next match’
    who cares? I can figure that out myself, just like I always have.  
    More important is where the enemy strike tiles are. 

Sure it’s a puzzle but the basic mechanics of the game shouldn’t be such a pain in  the **** to easily read and decipher.  

I would love to see anyone come up and defend those new enemy strike tiles.  That’s just ridiculous.

edit: there has even been times recently that I am playing and enemy BRB puts out a protect.  And I am wondering like... how did he just transform my strike or protect into his own protect?
    but it just turns out the stupid character icons are so prominent now, that placing a special on a basic tile feels like a transformation.

Again, maybe if the game didn’t give me headaches after 20 minutes maybe I would adapt to this all.  But it’s impossible the way it is,

it really feels like this was rolled out in a halfway sense of development.  So that’s fine.   It it should’ve come with an option to opt out until they’d gotten full development done.

I find it really hard to believe that these enemy strike tiles are finished UI.  It’s just Hulkoye now up and down for me because playing  anyone else makes me actually makes me think about what tiles I need to match.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    sinnerjfl said:
    Indeed. I'd imagine that BRB wields a dauntingly large hammer, in truth. Like Thor certainly must, too.
    Hung like a...ahem Hammer.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Enemy strike tiles are black while yours is white. They point to the left while yours point to the right. I stil use Polaris with BRB or R4G frequently. All I do is to focus and look for only black shields, swords  or fists if I want to match enemies' away.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    The problem I have with enemy strikes is not that they are too close to friendlies - they are black, facing the other direction from friendlies, and smaller. But they are smaller and black, and on the black/purple/blue tiles they are basically invisible. If I've brought BRB, in silhouette they are very hard to distinguish at a glance (this is important - it is of course POSSIBLE to scrutinize the board, but this game is played at a glance because of the speed component to pvp point aquisition and so it is VERY important that the game be playable out of the corner of your eye) because of the general size and shape of the BRB hammers just as a for instance. The all-black background is contributing to this. pumping some kind of gradient back into that so the tiles themselves regain some distinction would very likely alleviate a bunch of the concerns I specifically have with the new icons.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I find it more difficult to look for my own special tiles than enemy special tiles. I'm not sure if it's because I went 100% brightness.
  • Red_Rooster23
    Red_Rooster23 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Speaking of waiting, though, waiting for fixes is probably causing players to quit. Or at least not spend $. 
    My VIP ran out yesterday, and I am not considering re-upping until I see what their solution to the UI of Doom is. Also stopped buying HP until then.
  • Red_Rooster23
    Red_Rooster23 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    prudie said:
    I want to tear out my eyes 
    Yes that is definitely horrible, but I present for your consideration yesterday’s Behemoth Burrito. This is the product of “months of meticulous planning”

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So updated gameboard fixes to go up this week? Any news on that?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So updated gameboard fixes to go up this week? Any news on that?

This space intentionally left blank for 6 characters.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    13 members of my alliance outright quit.

I dont understand why they couldn't revert back until they fixed the new board. Maybe it's way harder than that, but other games can roll back updates if they are detrimental .
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I just realised it says by the week of April 4, so update would take place anytime between April 4 to April 10?