{Update} Upcoming Gameboard Fixes (3/19/21)

Comments

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I am happy there is a plan but also surprised it will take so long. Also wondering why we are not just rolling back to the old board while this is fixed. If it really is because of the exploit, is a few players getting an advantage really worth the health and well-being of quite a few others?
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Judging by some of the comments, we who have no problem with the new layout will enjoy one month of having no competition at all. 😎
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Between the game board fiasco and months after months of weak 5s, I'm sure a lot of players aren't opening their wallets like they have in the past. Hopefully they make the tweaks and don't take forever.

I wish they would have spent their time and effort on game balance rather than messing around designing a new board. I doubt after all the surveys they ask  players to chime in on, that a new game board was very high on the list of demands. 
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Well, thanks to the devs for addressing the issue quickly.  I hear a lot of griping but it's unrealistic for a company to change something the next day ya know.

I'm hoping the change is a good improvement, because it does hurt my eyes lol.  It takes a lot more effort to focus my eyes and find individual tiles (damn BRB's hammer) and colors.  The dimming is rather unpleasant too.

What would be awesome is if the devs could post a few mockups on the forums and get player input beforehand.  Even if it's not a official poll or something, if they had previewed the changes it would've been obvious how much nobody liked it.  A video with the dimming would've helped a lot too lol.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, thanks to the devs for addressing the issue quickly.  I hear a lot of griping but it's unrealistic for a company to change something the next day ya know.

Took them 5 days to give an official answer to an urgent problem and it will take 3 weeks to maybe fix the damn thing because that wording is not reassuring at all...  thats quick in your book? lol

Its pathetic how slow the response is to a gamebreaking event they introduced... 
  • ShiroZiro
    ShiroZiro Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Thank you LakeStone, for the update. A timeline is helpful to those of us experiencing strain and difficulty with the new UI. That being said...

Have you or the D3V team ever considered holding a poll, as you do in game with the surveys, to see what your community thinks about changes before implementing them?

I, for one, would add a new function to not only allow you to roll these out to see how they are accepted by your fan base, but allow those who are affected by these negative ailments to enable or disable these UI aesthetics as they are needed.

As always, I appreciate the support and transparency of your updates, and your consideration of the changes to come, making the game more inclusive to those that would otherwise be left out of this wonderful game.

Thank you,

HiroZiro <The Convergent> GM
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Judging by some of the comments, we who have no problem with the new layout will enjoy one month of having no competition at all. 😎
    I’m not seeing that . Everyone in my alliance is playing without complaint. Slices are still full with tens of thousands of players innocuous to the update . The millions (....and MILLIONS!) of players still enjoying the game won’t dent the competition. I was told in another post only the casual player will quit but there are plenty of others who are hard core players that will be stupid enough to continue playing despite possible health risk.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m not seeing that . Everyone in my alliance is playing without complaint. Slices are still full with tens of thousands of players innocuous to the update . The millions (....and MILLIONS!) of players still enjoying the game won’t dent the competition. I was told in another post only the casual player will quit but there are plenty of others who are hard core players that will be stupid enough to continue playing despite possible health risk.
    Far more likely that they're normal boring people who aren't bothered by the update than idiots risking their health.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    They probably use "some" because the change won't be able to alleviate eye strain for all. Some is vague but all is absolute. And, it's going to be a subjective experience because people see things differently, as proven. The eye strain during opponent turn is caused by only one instance, the dimming of board on opponent' turn. My guess is they will make it brighter instead of removing it totally.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Things seemed quieter in Top Gun. I stayed out unshielded in the last hour just out of interest and only got hit once.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    They probably use "some" because the change won't be able to alleviate eye strain for all. Some is vague but all is absolute. And, it's going to be a subjective experience because people see things differently, as proven. The eye strain during opponent turn is caused by only one instance, the dimming of board on opponent' turn. My guess is they will make it brighter instead of removing it totally.
    It would be a shame if those of us predicting that turn out to be correct, for those who don't like it, no adjustment is going to be sufficient and for those who don't mind it, that seems a fairly pointless change too and they should just add a toggle for it.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2021
    DAZ0273 said:
    Things seemed quieter in Top Gun. I stayed out unshielded in the last hour just out of interest and only got hit once.
    There may be other factors.  My alliance mate just posted pics of the complete opposite experience.  He tried to hop to go from 1170 to break 1200 in the last 2 hours of the event and he wound up at 641 instead.  Got hit by almost 20 different  people.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    There may be other factors.  My alliance mate just posted pics of the complete opposite experience.  He tried to hop to go from 1170 to break 1200 in the last 2 hours of the event and he wound up at 641 instead.  Got hit by almost 20 different  people.
    Wow, that’s a pretty horrific hop.  How long was he out and what team was he running?  

Can only imagine he had one of those fights that went on so long it would’ve been better to have retreated once things started to go sideways rather than persevering. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    His friend must be in slice 2 or 5.  :D 
    Your points drop by 200 points easily in these two slices if you are getting 900 and above.