{Update} Upcoming Gameboard Fixes (3/19/21)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I think he's trying to catch up with me for the total number of flagged posts.   :p 

I'm pretty excited to see what the new gameboard changes would be, and thanks to that player who bumped up one of the old topic, it reminds me that some other UI changes will take place:

Further UI Revamps (Main Menu, etc)

Hopefully they roll it out together with these fixes, so that they can focus on non-ui changes.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He is going to surpass me too at fast collecting flags.
    Still I agree players have not quitted, in the opposite one cannot relax for a moment.
    Still Im not sure if the concept "quitting in solidarity" is one of the most bizarres ones on this thread, and not convinced if it would serve for something. 
    No one thought on that when the speed hackers were messing all the ranks, yet they were cheating all the honest players there.
    And after that they harmed all the players on this thread. 
    So perhaps solidarity is a word a lot of players feel weird meaning.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ***Mod note: Removed posts that were off-topic. We encourage you use the Ignore user feature found in Edit profile section if you find a particular user not to your liking. Please remember to be kind and civil with each other. Thank you.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think he's trying to catch up with me for the total number of flagged posts.   :p 

I'm pretty excited to see what the new gameboard changes would be, and thanks to that player who bumped up one of the old topic, it reminds me that some other UI changes will take place:

Further UI Revamps (Main Menu, etc)

Hopefully they roll it out together with these fixes, so that they can focus on non-ui changes.

It is neck and neck between you, @Bad is nowhere! Although M is way ahead in the abuse stakes!
    If they fix the yellow AP bar then I will be happy, as happy as Sunshine Bear, the sunny Care Bear, hopefully they can make everybody happy and we can be like the Care Bears, a big happy rainbow filled family. Wait...there was a grumpy Care Bear I seem to remember...let's hope he doesn't show up as that might throw a spanner in the works of my otherwise foolproof Care Bear plan. :s
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I fail to see why it’s necessary to go through all the trouble for a handful of whiners . No one in my alliance quit nor even complained . A few liked the new look . The slices we enter are all still as full as they always were . My placement scores haven’t changed in the past 3 weeks so the insignificant number who allegedly left apparently either haven’t or are irrelevant to the game as a whole . I hope the devs take into account the cost and time effectiveness over the past few weeks and realize there are always going to be Chicken Littles here no matter what they do . No one can please everybody, even our country works on the concept of only pleasing 51%. I either accept the results or emigrate. 
    So he says that people who are having physical ailments are "whiners" and should "emigrate" and that gets left, but I simply pose the question of based on his logic and the flag to like ratio if he would be immigrating and I get my comment deleted. How is that fair. And if it was the 2016 part, A. I didn't even say what happened in 2016 was right or wrong and B. what part of 2016 I was even talking about. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    There's an update for R255. I've updated it but I don't see any changes yet. The clue for the next 4* is "Example well set".
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I fail to see why it’s necessary to go through all the trouble for a handful of whiners . No one in my alliance quit nor even complained . A few liked the new look . The slices we enter are all still as full as they always were . My placement scores haven’t changed in the past 3 weeks so the insignificant number who allegedly left apparently either haven’t or are irrelevant to the game as a whole . I hope the devs take into account the cost and time effectiveness over the past few weeks and realize there are always going to be Chicken Littles here no matter what they do . No one can please everybody, even our country works on the concept of only pleasing 51%. I either accept the results or emigrate. 
    So he says that people who are having physical ailments are "whiners" and should "emigrate" and that gets left, but I simply pose the question of based on his logic and the flag to like ratio if he would be immigrating and I get my comment deleted. How is that fair. And if it was the 2016 part, A. I didn't even say what happened in 2016 was right or wrong and B. what part of 2016 I was even talking about. 
    This happened to me too. I finally deleted the game today. It felt like the right response to the handling of all of this.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The dev has already made known the timeframe and delay expected for the fixes. If players are still not happy with what they have been doing, there's nothing much they can do to make them happy. In that case, it's better to part way.
  • liminal_lad
    Options
    The dev has already made known the timeframe and delay expected for the fixes. If players are still not happy with what they have been doing, there's nothing much they can do to make them happy. In that case, it's better to part way.
    I wish they had underpromised and overdelivered instead of the reverse. When the week of 4/4 came and went, I started to lose hope, but then when a new update dropped with other changes but no fixes to the gameboard I knew it was time to go. I can't say I'll never come back but right now I need a break. The handling of the forum is just icing on the cake.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wish they had underpromised and overdelivered instead of the reverse. When the week of 4/4 came and went, I started to lose hope, but then when a new update dropped with other changes but no fixes to the gameboard I knew it was time to go. I can't say I'll never come back but right now I need a break. The handling of the forum is just icing on the cake.
    You must be new here. It’s been like this for a looooooong time. Way before COVID. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    They didn't state a specific date that the fixes will be rolled in. It's something an individual player specify for them. They have already updated the thread and said the fixes will be delayed to this week even though they could roll it out last week. I think there's simply a mismatch of expectation or you simply missed the update in the forum. So, I'm not sure what you expect from them. Daily report of what they have done so far? It's only a few more days before this week ends.

• Red_Rooster23
    Red_Rooster23 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My guess would be that they're in no hurry to adjust or fix any of this because the overall engagement metrics and spending metrics haven't changed appreciably.  Obviously I don't know, but if players were really leaving in the kind of numbers people are speculating about, it would have been changed by now.

Anecdotally I know of nobody who's quit over this, competition hasn't changed, and the spending I'm aware of seems about the same.  I know there have been some reports of people quitting or taking a break, but the majority of people who are upset seem to be playing (and spending) just as much as before. 

Why would they rush to adjust this if it's not impacting their business?
    There's also an unknown number of players like me who have stopped spending money completely but continue to play while we wait to see if the situation is fixed. 
    If they're hoping everyone will just get used to it and simmer down, they're hoping wrong, least as far as I'm concerned. the UI remains atrocious to look at and remains virtually unplayable in both low-light and full light conditions due to the tile colors all looking identical.
    I just came back just a few weeks before this happened and promptly dropped $80 on the game after being away for 3 years. Haven't spent a nickel since the UI was obliterated and I'll be leaving again if it's not fixed. This is not a Marvel-themed game anymore with those changes and is not fun to play in that frankenstein UI.
  • merb713
    merb713 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm glad that they are apparently still working on a fix, but it's been a long wait. Makes me wish that Section 508 appllied to private enterprise as well as federal web resources. If nothing else, this has been a good lesson in why dev teams should at least be aware of visual triggers for seizures.
  • liminal_lad
    Options
    They didn't state a specific date that the fixes will be rolled in. It's something an individual player specify for them. They have already updated the thread and said the fixes will be delayed to this week even though they could roll it out last week. I think there's simply a mismatch of expectation or you simply missed the update in the forum. So, I'm not sure what you expect from them. Daily report of what they have done so far? It's only a few more days before this week ends.

@LakeStone shouldn't have said "the week of 4/4 possibly sooner" if THERE WAS ANY CHANCE they are going to miss it. It's so radically unprofessional. And so exactly what I have come to expect.

You must be new here. It’s been like this for a looooooong time. Way before COVID. 
    I'm not new here. I've just been stupid enough to have the same football yanked away many times before finally catching on.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The dev team are made up of humans, not seers, nor Gods. Humans make judgement errors. Have you never made a judgement error in your life? Have your estimation always hit the target every single time. 

What's more important is that they communicated and updated the forum on what to expect, rather than keeping quiet.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The dev team are made up of humans, ...
    You have proof?
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    To err is human. The dev erred; therefore, they are human.  >:)
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LakeStone shouldn't have said "the week of 4/4 possibly sooner" if THERE WAS ANY CHANCE they are going to miss it. It's so radically unprofessional. And so exactly what I have come to expect.
    I'm looking forward to the update as much as the next guy, but calling missing a deadline "radically unprofessional", c'mon man.  How many times has a movie missed it's release deadline for reshoots?  How many video games have been pushed back to polish up the finished product?  How many video games have released to avoid missing the deadline they set and it is instantly apparent that they should have pushed the release date back instead of releasing a buggy almost unplayable mess?

Pushing back release dates is a common thing in the video game industry, and this is just an update not a game release.  I would rather they take the time to do whatever they have to do to get it right rather than release an incomplete update to hit the deadline they gave and then have to update again when things aren't quite right yet.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I don’t disagree, the issue here is more complex than a movie delayed for reshoots. For those who are angsty, I think it boils down to:

1) The game is unplayable for some and causing physical pain for others. Some are pausing/quitting, which puts strain on alliances as well. 

2) The developers gave a target date and people were excited to get back into the swing of things. 

3) And this is the big one... there was nothing wrong with the old board. When I polled people on the forums, 87% chose the old board over the new.  13% chose new over old.  Clearly this one has problems- some health-related, and the developers never gave an option to roll it back while taking time to make the proper fixes. Well, it’s “just” a few weeks right?  The longer that timeline extends the worse the decision not to roll back the changes looks. 
    4) The overall toxicity on this board right now. I’m sick of “it’s not a problem for me, so it’s not a problem” posts. The lack of empathy, the flaunting of privilege and the outright hateful comments towards those who struggle with disabilities is sickening. This one isn’t on the developers, but I do put it on the moderators of this board, and am naming it because it adds to the overall “‘vibe” here. The posters who outright boast about their “flag” count as a badge of honor and high-five over trolling do so because they know they’ll get to stick around with their hateful comments.  I mean trolls are going to troll and it’s whatever, but the fact that it’s allowed while other stuff is hyper-enforced, makes you ask the question: what kind of culture do you want to create here?
    It should be noted that Micheal1957 was banned from the forum, I assume for his hateful posts. He was bringing the most toxicity towards people who cannot play because of the changes. I'm not sure why they couldn't go back to the old board, though I think it was because of the speed exploit, and possibly other fixes that were rolled into the new UI. I don't know how difficult it is to program color but I concur that, if nothing else, the old color pattern should have been prioritized for the most recent update.