MPQ 2020 Holiday Plan

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    KGB said:
    Polares said:
    For the LOVE OF GOD, that gold sample MUST be a 5 Adam Warlock, and he MUST be good. If he is I am going to forget everything bad from this year, not getting feeders, mediocre Magneto, BUT GIVE ME WARLOCK !!!!!

As noted above by someone else, its Master Mold (you can see him on the right side of the the background in the latest DD background).
    KGB
    That's the Sentinel Instigator. One of the new goons added in August. Not Master Mold.
    So, i agree with you - it's bound to be the goon.... but.... there's no other goons there? they're all playable, except for that one goon?

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    So....where’s the store? @IceIX
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    JHawkInc said:
    KGB said:
    Polares said:
    For the LOVE OF GOD, that gold sample MUST be a 5 Adam Warlock, and he MUST be good. If he is I am going to forget everything bad from this year, not getting feeders, mediocre Magneto, BUT GIVE ME WARLOCK !!!!!

As noted above by someone else, its Master Mold (you can see him on the right side of the the background in the latest DD background).
    KGB
    That's the Sentinel Instigator. One of the new goons added in August. Not Master Mold.
    So, i agree with you - it's bound to be the goon.... but.... there's no other goons there? they're all playable, except for that one goon?

I assume you mean all of the characters on the DDQ page? Yes, right now the Sentinel appears to be the only unplayable character on the page. Doesn't really mean anything, though, as others have appeared in the past. We had a Symbiote most recently, and one of the much older DDQ pages had several (a Shield soldier, a Maggia dude, one of the Hand, etc).
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, I also think that’s just a goon Sentinel.  I think Master Mold is definitely still possible, but should look different.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    KGB said:
    Polares said:

KGB
    I am going to cry and cry. He better be good at least...

PS: I like mutants but man, seems every two releases one is a mutant... (or from the mutant universe).
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    I wonder what the game would’ve looked like if the Fox Disney deal hadn’t happened.  Probably a lot more Runaways and Alpha Flight.  More villains too.  
    I am happy the way it happened tho. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Inhumans may have been more of a thing too
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    They really did try to make Inhumans the new hotness.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Omegased said:
    JHawkInc said:
    KGB said:
    Polares said:

KGB

I assume you mean all of the characters on the DDQ page? Yes, right now the Sentinel appears to be the only unplayable character on the page. Doesn't really mean anything, though, as others have appeared in the past. We had a Symbiote most recently, and one of the much older DDQ pages had several (a Shield soldier, a Maggia dude, one of the Hand, etc).
    I thought there might be an AIM guy behind the Behemoth Burrito node.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thankfully Black Bolt, Medusa, Lockjaw, and Karnak are all solid to really good characters. And I guess “Inhumans” covers Kamala and Quake too, who are pretty decent characters as well.

Now can we have Crystal, Triton, and Gorgon?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Omegased said:
    JHawkInc said:
    KGB said:
    Polares said:

KGB

I thought there might be an AIM guy behind the Behemoth Burrito node.
    Looking at it closer, that does appear to be the A.I.M. Splicer. You can see part of his pants and belt between the node and Hulkbuster, the grey sash on the left, and between the node and the four drawn-in white stars is the Splicer's weapon. Good eye!
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    @IceIX @LakeStone

Can you confirm when the Fan Favorites store is coming? The opening post said 12/8.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX
    Any chance we can get a heads up on Milestone Quests before they go live? If it goes live the way Clearance Ranks did, and all older items are retroactively given out to players, my concern would be that there are shard rewards that are going to roll in, and I would definitely make different character favoriting choices if for instance some significant amount of 5* shards were involved.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Heroes for Hire store is showing Nova as the next Crash of the Titans - is this correct @IceIX and was Maria supposed to be run instead of Iceman? Thanks.
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    IceIX said:
    Updated the original post to remove Fan Favorites. I apologize for this, that was actually my own mistake. When we were creating this doc, we were going over the calendar and adding in all the holiday related things after populating it with the big stuff. The "Call for Backup" offer that's currently running was tagged with "Fan Favorite characters", which it totally is. You don't get much more Fan Favorite in the 4-Star tier than America Chavez. I misread that as our normal Fan Favorite offer and the person who reviewed the post missed it too, likely because of the tag as well. We've fixed that little thing internally so that we don't get caught up by that tag.

Again, apologize for anyone looking forward to that store coming out right this moment!
    Thank you for the clarification. Are there any plans for a special legendary store during holidays?
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor
    "..coming out right this moment"

Can we expect that particular store to come out sometime in the near future?  @IceIX ?

please?
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    @IceIX So will there a Fan Favorites store at some point during the holiday season?
  • Craig8429
    Craig8429 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    @IceIX Are the event tab rewards static among all players or is it like the daily quests based upon where you are in shield ranks

guess any tier player can answer this, but for my holiday quest event tab, I received one heroic, 1 elite token, and 250 iso. 
     I'm sitting at shield clearance 91
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    No feeders huh? Sigh...