MPQ 2020 Holiday Plan

1234568»

Comments

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Venom Bomb is a 4-day event that hasn't been around for quite a while.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    Possible. VB was directly after HaT last time, so it is due soon. Maybe after Iso, or maybe in place of Spider. We’ll see in a few days I suppose. 
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    In game previews says Strange Sights.  

Essentials:

5* Magneto
    4* Negasonic
    3* Doctor Strange
    2* Ares

Kitty, Domino, Bullse3e, and Moonstone in placement rewards.

4* boosted list:

Black Cat
    Mordo
    Sabertooth
    Spider-man (IW)
    Spider-Woman
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Possible. VB was directly after HaT last time, so it is due soon. Maybe after Iso, or maybe in place of Spider. We’ll see in a few days I suppose. 
    Venom Bomb it is 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just realised that the top placement season reward is a Rank 5 Peni Parker support instead of those stone supports. That's 80% chance to get 6 yellow ap at the start of the game, and it increases blue match damage by 531.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just realised that the top placement season reward is a Rank 5 Peni Parker support instead of those stone supports. That's 80% chance to get 6 yellow ap at the start of the game, and it increases blue match damage by 531.
    That’s the only 5* support I own. Too bad I can’t put it on Apoc. Currently have it on IHulk for Hulkoye (who I rarely run in PVE). 
  • HoundofShadow
    You got it via pull or placement?  :o
  • Daredevil217
    You got it via pull or placement?  :o
    Very lucky pull lol.  I suck in PvP. 
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    That’s the only 5* support I own. Too bad I can’t put it on Apoc. Currently have it on IHulk for Hulkoye (who I rarely run in PVE). 

Why not put on BRB or Thor for PvE? You’d play those together, right?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2021
    You just need trucks of HPs and coordination to get it.  :D

I imagine he's using Apoc with Thor and he doesn't want Thor to tank blue? Apoc is likely to tank 6/7 colours now.

Also, it has a 50% chance of giving allies a burst of health on match-5, which could potentially stop Thor from triggering his passive.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

I imagine he's using Apoc with Thor and he doesn't want Thor to tank blue? Apoc is likely to tank 6/7 colours now.

Also, it has a 50% chance of giving allies a burst of health on match-5, which could potentially stop Thor from triggering his passive.
    But also BRB - Apoc/BRB/Thor is a really strong team for grind - you’d just have to make sure Thor is low before you go in. He’s not going to tank anything so you’d struggle to put him in danger. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor

I have a 3* Penni and this has happened to me more than once. The worst is when it’s against all goons and there’s no way to damage Thor other than him eating a nuke that would kill him.
  • Daredevil217

Spot on, man. 

I didn’t even think about the tanking blue, but the healing is an issue.
    I don’t play BRB outside of winfinite challenge nodes. I go ThorPoc in pick 2 and have actually been using Gritty/Polaris in pick 3.  Before Polaris I was using Thorkoye/Ice. So not really a place for BRB other than winfinite and in those nodes I want Green/Blue, not yellow. 
    I do sometimes switch up and play Hulkoye over ThorPoc in pick 2 nodes (like if the 3E/4E have low health)  and it is a really great support for those times for sure. So not without its uses. Plus I’ll be set whenever we have an active yellow meta power on a hero (aside from Okoye who you have to play RTF on if you have it). 
  • HoundofShadow
    That extra healing can cause you to lose matches because I experienced it before when I'm using Thor as battery. :D 

R5 supports with 80% chance to give +6 yellow ap at the start of the game is on my wish list. I would put it on IM40 for a quick boost of ap even in SCL 10.  B) 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    That extra healing can cause you to lose matches because I experienced it before when I'm using Thor as battery. :D 

R5 supports with 80% chance to give +6 yellow ap at the start of the game is on my wish list. I would put it on IM40 for a quick boost of ap even in SCL 10.  B) 
    I have a max-level Sanctum Sanctorum, and it didn't even occur to me to put it on anyone other than 3-star Strange until someone pointed it out.
  • teky
    teky Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    sounds like a good support for 5* elektra