MPQ 2020 Holiday Plan

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited December 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey all! Wanted to provide some information on our upcoming Holiday schedule! Below is a listing of holiday related activities, along with a couple feature announcements related to R217! We'll also be having some other "normal" events running during these times, so if you see a gap in Versus events or such, don't worry. It's just that the particular event during that time isn't themed. As per usual we'll also being having some pop up sales of costumes, characters, and the like, but you'll just have to encounter those as they come!
Also keep an eye out for the return of the friendly neighborhood Spider-Ham (Limited Character) later in the holiday season!
Happy Holidays!

Monday 12/7

• PVE Solo Event - Globe Trotting Run 2 - 12/7 - 12/20
  • Limited Vault - World Tour - 12/7 - 12/14
    - Free token to all players

Tuesday 12/8

• R217 Launch!
    - Winter themed loading screen and metamap
  • Special Quests Implemented - Time limited Quests related to specific events
  • Versus Event - Snowball Fight!
  • Deadpool Daily - Crash of Titans feat. Iceman

Thursday 12/10

• Milestone Quests Implemented
  • PVE Boss Event - Galactus
  • Versus Holiday Season - 12/10 - 1/4
  • Versus Event - Naughty Or Nice

Sunday 12/13

• Deadpool Daily - Crash of Titans feat. Spider-Ham
  • Versus Event - Iceman (All-New)

Monday 12/14

• Holiday Vault - 12/14 - 12/21
    - Free token to all players

Tuesday 12/15

• PVE Solo Event - Johnny Storm's Fireside Puzzles - 12/15 - 12/20
  • Versus Event - Evergreen

Thursday 12/17

• Character Release: (Clue) Golden Sample
  • PVE Event - Operation Spider-Silk Run 2

Monday 12/21

• PVE Solo Event - Holiday Advent (12 Days of Marvel)

Tuesday 12/22

• Versus Event - Reunions

Wednesday 12/23

• Deadpool Daily - Crash of Titans feat. Northstar

Thursday 12/24

• Versus Event - Spider-Ham

Sunday 12/27

• Versus Event - Iceman (Bobby Drake)

Tuesday 12/29

• Versus Event - Festival of Fights

Thursday 12/31

• Character Release: (Clue) Catch more flies with...

Comments

• formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    What about the new feeders that are already in the game? Anymore?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    I can only imagine what the Evergreen PvP will be like with iHulk's passive proc'ing every turn guaranteed.
    Excited to see time limited quests tomorrow and milestone quests on Thursday. I don't suppose we'll get any more info on these before then. LOL
    KGB
    P.S. Everyone's first time based quest is to get Red Guardian/Scorpion to L280, 300 etc to double dip on the feeder rewards when they go official ;)
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    interested to see the Quests implemented tomorrow - that's going to be very interesting.

Really looking forward to an update regarding the bugs/leaks regarding the couple of "feeders". I'm hoping to see more, but right now, I just want confirmation.

Christmas looks good with the stuff above!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey look, no feeders. Who would have thought ?! I won't hold my breath for them to surprise us with them. Let's face it, they arent doing feeders. Time to give up on that request.

Dev are being so generous this holiday season, 1 free token seems a little much, should dial that back and have some more high priced limited time offers.

• formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Hey look, no feeders. Who would have thought ?! I won't hold my breath for them to surprise us with them. Let's face it, they arent doing feeders. Time to give up on that request.

Dev are being so generous this holiday season, 1 free token seems a little much, should dial that back and have some more high priced limited time offers.

There are 2 new feeders scorpion and red guardian 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020

I'm no fan of the devs, especially with their piss-poor communication, springing surprises upon us at the drop of a hat. At the same time, being sarcastic isn't going to help anyone at all. Try to be that bit grateful for what we do have and will be getting.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a proverb, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Evergreen PvP looks like a peaceful and tranquil pvp to be enjoyed, but deep down inside, it's going to be a bigger bloodshed this year. Looking at the current meta in 4* land (BRB/R4G and Polaris), how many turns will it take for two Polaris to fill the board up with special tiles? 2 or 3 turns? 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    I can only imagine what the Evergreen PvP will be like with iHulk's passive proc'ing every turn guaranteed.
    With okoye and apacolypse being locked out of this event hulk won't be able to boost his green door damage. Bring brb and fire blue and pretty soon hulk will fill the board with protects and be doing -1 -1 -1 dmg every turn.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:

P.S. Everyone's first time based quest is to get Red Guardian/Scorpion to L280, 300 etc to double dip on the feeder rewards when they go official ;)
    The feeders are already live (that's how we know about them), so there will be no double dipping.
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    How can they leave feeders out of announcement?  Just mind-boggling
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2020
    Hmmm Golden Sample a quick search says it’s a sample received from supplier before production. Represents a perfectly made product.

5* Master Mold?  I was also thinking maybe Adam Warlock
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Hmmm Golden Sample a quick search says it’s a sample received from supplier before production. Represents a perfectly made product.

5* Master Mold?  I was also thinking maybe Adam Warlock
    it would make sense for master mold.  All the airborne mechanics.   He might land and cause the whole enemy team to go airborne.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    ....so no ones taking a stab at the "Catch more flies with..." clue?

I won't.. but that's because A )  My knowledge of Marvel lore pales in comparison to a lot of y'alls... and...
    B )  I like watching all the theories and hypothesis fly around.  :)
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    looks like fun, thx
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's also Johnny Storm's Fireside Puzzles. Are we going to see a lot of red?
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    PiMacleod said:
    ....so no ones taking a stab at the "Catch more flies with..." clue?

I won't.. but that's because A )  My knowledge of Marvel lore pales in comparison to a lot of y'alls... and...
    B )  I like watching all the theories and hypothesis fly around.  :)
    it's honey.  So it has to be WInnie the Pooh.   The game will now be called Disney Puzzle Quest
    a boy can only dream
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Figures we'd get a feeder teaser, start clamoring for info, and then get a massive holiday info dump that contains exactly zero feeder information.

As for character clues...

Golden Sample, that should be a 5-star release. Sample says a science/lab character, either a science genius character, or a character created by science. The gold in the clue really makes you think of the MCU teases towards Adam Warlock. Otherwise I can't think of a specific "golden" thing in Marvel that makes sense. Always possibly a more subtle reference. For example, Iron Man (MCU) added gold to his suit to stop freezing in the first film. That's enough of a connection that this could be an Iron Man clue.

Catch more flies with... full quote is "honey than vinegar." Honey doesn't get far. Swarm is a character made of bees. Could be a bear character? Yellowjacket seems obvious, but it's a stretch (and it would mean Hank Pym is likely a 4, boo). So if it's not honey, it has to do with catching flies. Which could mean Toad. Or Leap-Frog. Or.... THROG. Which could be Thor or Puddlegulp, since there were two Throgs.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the update, sounds fun!

Today's Crash of the Titan says Iceman but shows Maria Hill in game in the Heroes for Hire store? I am assuming Maria will get skipped instead?
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    I am assuming it’s Iceman vs Maria Hill ?

Good call on Adam Warlock, I think. He’s an artificial being so « golden sample » makes sense.