MPQ 2020 Holiday Plan

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    No feeders huh? Sigh...

You already got feeders. Scorpion feeds Carnage, Red Guardian feeds Yelena. Stop being so needy  ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    No feeders huh? Sigh...
    Unless otherwise announced - feeders yes (2 latest 4* so Whales ahoy) Shardmas no. It is 2020 though so what were we expecting?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Craig8429 said:
    @IceIX Are the event tab rewards static among all players or is it like the daily quests based upon where you are in shield ranks

guess any tier player can answer this, but for my holiday quest event tab, I received one heroic, 1 elite token, and 250 iso. 
     I'm sitting at shield clearance 91
    Was that a Snowball Fight token rather than Heroic?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    I see events have been added to the quest section 🙂
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    I see events have been added to the quest section 🙂
    27 of them to be exact.  And at 2 a day, that has us finishing up quests 25/26 on December 22nd and one single on the 23rd.  

But there are 25 days left for Holiday Quests, so it looks like they gave us a little wiggle room just in case we can't meet a couple of the requirements on a given day.

Final reward is Half a 4* cover, so make sure you have the correct sharget enabled when you cash it in.

Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but 200 shards seems a little Grinchy.  (but then again, it's 200 more than I would've had before, so still thankful.)
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    200 shards... on top of whatever those other quests give us individually.  Maybe some of the others will give different/better rewards?  

...probably not, but I figure the chance is there.
  • ComputersCookingCats
    ComputersCookingCats Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    pheregas said:

Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but 200 shards seems a little Grinchy.  (but then again, it's 200 more than I would've had before, so still thankful.)
    Not to be a contrarian or sucking up to the devs or anything, but if you have 25 days left in Holiday Quest and you complete your Daily Rewards each day, you'll end up with 700 shards. Add in shards from opening tokens and you should be able to add 2 full covers. Not world-shattering, but it's a good gift. And this doesn't take into account what goodies the Milestone Quests might give us.  Not bad considering you're getting rewarded for things you're pretty much doing anyways.
  • pheregas
    pheregas said:

Not to be a contrarian or sucking up to the devs or anything, but if you have 25 days left in Holiday Quest and you complete your Daily Rewards each day, you'll end up with 700 shards. Add in shards from opening tokens and you should be able to add 2 full covers. Not world-shattering, but it's a good gift. And this doesn't take into account what goodies the Milestone Quests might give us.  Not bad considering you're getting rewarded for things you're pretty much doing anyways.
    I did say I was still thankful.  

For the record, if they are things I've earned through play...  They are not gifts, but earnings.  Your boss does not gift you your paycheck.

And a two week long event only giving half a cover is still loads less than a Welcome to Shield event that only runs four days, gives half a cover, AND an LT.  That was my comparison point.  I think it would have been more appropriate to award 5* shards though.  Even 50 would be worthwhile to a growing player and not useless to a vet.

Something is better than nothing and that's for sure.  Been a whole lot of nothing for a while around here.

• ComputersCookingCats
    ComputersCookingCats Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Fair enough. I still think it's basically a gift, arguably just a bonus. Your wages are your normal earnings. Getting extra money during the holidays for doing a good job and meeting/exceeding certain expectations is a gift, IMO. They didn't have to give us these quests. But, whatever. I understand and empathize with your point. I don't want to get bogged down in semantics.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    grenadier said:

The other possibility is that you catch more flies with a spider, not honey.  So it could be some new Spider-Man variant...
    That's not even a thing 
    Of course that's not the way the saying goes.  My point is that the "honey" thing might be a red herring, when what we need to focus on is "what catches flies?"
  • Craig8429
    Craig8429 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Craig8429 said:
    @IceIX Are the event tab rewards static among all players or is it like the daily quests based upon where you are in shield ranks

guess any tier player can answer this, but for my holiday quest event tab, I received one heroic, 1 elite token, and 250 iso. 
     I'm sitting at shield clearance 91
    Was that a Snowball Fight token rather than Heroic?
    Yes, it was a snowball fight! sorry for the mistake
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    3 people asking the same question within a minute of each other.. must be a new record in the forum..
    I think it was answered when he said the title was posted in error . He did not say the release date was misplaced nor did he infer a postponement of the store until a later date in the season.By my interpretation it was just another usual posting error. 
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor
    Nobody asking about later date in the season Michael
  • turbomoose
    Wonder when milestone quests go live 
  • pheregas
    I'm hoping noon pacific.  But I've learned not to hold my breath with their announcements and timelines.
  • turbomoose
    pheregas said:
    I'm hoping noon pacific.  But I've learned not to hold my breath with their announcements and timelines.
    I was hoping 5pm uk time but that was 30 minutes ago 😢
  • pheregas
    pheregas said:
    Yeah.  My times here in EST for stuff to refresh are 6 a.m. (DDQ), 7 a.m. (rando other stuff) 8am/pm (S1 pvp), Noon, and 3pm/am (alliance event ends.)  Figure that next one was the last one to happen and still be today.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    pheregas said:
    pheregas said:
    Yeah.  My times here in EST for stuff to refresh are 6 a.m. (DDQ), 7 a.m. (rando other stuff) 8am/pm (S1 pvp), Noon, and 3pm/am (alliance event ends.)  Figure that next one was the last one to happen and still be today.
    Might be 8 est tonight when the new season starts?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That does make sense. 
  • pheregas
    grumbLEGO said:
    pheregas said:
    pheregas said:
    Might be 8 est tonight when the new season starts?
    Not sure that we are having a season per se.  Just that we may have one-off holiday events.  There is no SIM/Season Preview yet.  Not sure if they were clear on "season" expectations at all.