New Feature in R215: Daily Quests

Options

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Loosie said:
    Today's quest are mostly the same yesterday except for two.

Out:
    Train 3 powers
    Use 3 Health Pack

In:
    Open 4 cover packs
    Use 1 Team-up
    I again have the "Use 3 Health Packs", and I had "Use 1 Team-up" yesterday (and again today).
    Today I have "Deal 25000 damage to enemies" (at Shield Rank 175)
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    y4747 said:
    so, i just finished my daily reqs, and it seemed like the shards were random? i saw teen jean flash there despite not having her as a favorite, but i didn't bother to look at shards counts before/after. can anyone confirm if they're random or favorites?
    Double check who you have as favorites, I've noticed a few times in my clicking I somehow add toons I don't intend too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm at Shield Rank 175, my quest list is:
    • Buy anything from resource shop - 800 iso
    • Open 4 cover packs - 800 iso
    • win 3 story missions - 200 iso
    • win 1 versus mission - 200 iso
    • Deal 25,000 damage to enemies - 250 iso  (this was cumulative across the day, not in a single match or to a single foe)
    • use 1 boost - 400 iso
    • use 1 team-up - 400
    • Complete 6 daily quests - 30 3* shards, 20 4* shards, 3 spicy tokens, 5k iso
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lightning rounds become much more interesting if they count as a versus match, and I have no reason to believe they shouldn't. 
    For today I have one mission left to do to get to 6, either use 3 healthpacks or 1 versus match. If I play Red Alert today, I think I will complete both.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Anything you do on the Versus tab counts as a versus match, anything on the story tab will count as a story.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    morgh said:
    Android users are now a day behind on the rewards in comparison to Steam/iOS users.
    Regardless of how small a difference - this is not fair.
    You get what you pay for , that’s how the world works 

In which case as Android has 79.92% share of the mobile market which no doubt reflects in the amount of MPQ players on that platform vs everything else you would think would put them a priority to get updates.

That’s as irrelevant as the popular vote . The top 20% of the country controls 80% of the wealth . Naturally the business world caters to the wealthy whales. The 10% First class boards before common people . IOS is prioritized over Samsung. It’s how the world works. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    • Deal 25,000 damage to enemies - 250 iso  (this was cumulative across the day, not in a single match or to a single foe)
    • use 1 boost - 400 iso
    • use 1 team-up - 400
    At level 127 my quest log is identical. I think it depends on what SCL you have reached . Those in 10 will have the highest tasks and rewards .
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    morgh said:
    Android users are now a day behind on the rewards in comparison to Steam/iOS users.

In which case as Android has 79.92% share of the mobile market which no doubt reflects in the amount of MPQ players on that platform vs everything else you would think would put them a priority to get updates.

That’s as irrelevant as the popular vote . The top 20% of the country controls 80% of the wealth . Naturally the business world caters to the wealthy whales. The 10% First class boards before common people . IOS is prioritized over Samsung. It’s how the world works. 
    No flames here -- just pure conjecture.

So, you're saying that most of the whales are iOS users?  Could that even be true?  I mean, I guess it could be... but I'm sure that they (the devs, the business itself, etc) have concrete knowledge as to what platforms their whales are on.

I, personally, would find it hard to believe without seeing the numbers or whatever.  I know plenty of people that prefer Android to iOS, and it's NOT because of a price tag.  Usually its due to being comfortable with the interface, from my conversations.

The only thing that immediately jumps out at me to back such a statement is that "whales" are those that spend a bunch of money on a mobile game (for the case of this whole discussion).  And, well, iOS products are generally WAY more expensive than most other phones on the market.  Much like buying a pair of Jordans, you pay for the name and the status.  So, I could see "whales" (having the disposable income they seem to have) also being iOS users.

If my above statement doesn't hold any validity, then I really don't understand why iOS would get this upgrade before Android.   Not to mention that in most every other prior patch, we didn't have such a large time difference between the two platforms.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2020
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    morgh said:

Could you post your data to support your conclusions, or can i just jump to assuming your comment is just an "irrelevant" opinion? 

Edit:
    Also, am I the only one that finds it a little gross to bring politics into this discussion? What does the popular vote have to do with any of this?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's up for android.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally its here:
     buy something
    Win 3 node 
    1 vs
    Use 1 boost
    1 TU
    25k damage
    Train 3 powers
    Complete 6 of the 7: 30 3* shards 20*4 , 3 spicy, 5000 iso.
    Pretty acceptable, a lot of resorces. If those are favourite shards like some people verified, with that dilution on 4* is pretty fixed now.
    Great job and thanks devs!
    ( its nice to getting thanks for a good job done, and not a flag like me on the page 2 lol).

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    It's an industry truism that Android has a much larger userbase but accounts for a fraction of earned income in the app marketplace compared to iOS. The stats are available for anyone that cares to look. Not sure that's why that patch was late, but here are some references for those who were asking.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/4/21121558/google-80-billion-android-developers-apple-155

• Craig8429
    Craig8429 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Pretty sure that google reviews all of the apps/updates prior to putting them in store, which more than likely would have been the delay. I highly doubt D3 would intentionally alienate one brand vs the other when they are capitalizing on both platforms to make money.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,565 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    • use 1 boost - 400 iso
    • use 1 team-up - 400
    At level 127 my quest log is identical. I think it depends on what SCL you have reached . Those in 10 will have the highest tasks and rewards .

Yes, it depends on SCL: I play SCL10 (rank 188) and have the exact same quests.
    On my Steam account I did notice yesterday's quests this morning, but was sadly too late to do 6 of them before 11:00 UTC today.
    On my Android account (SCL 9, rank 94) I get the same 6 quests, but I have "Train 3 powers" instead of "open 4 cover packs". Rewards are 20 3* shards, 15 4* shards, 3 Spicy tokens, 4.5K iso.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Android here and I haven't seen the update yet.
    Yes, there was a little delay on the Android update and that should be live very soon (today). Sorry for the wait and thanks for your patience!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I went to the app but there was no update option. I play on my Kindle so it's always a bit delayed for me. It'll show up eventually haha.
    It went up yesterday on Amazon. I was on my laptop and would just refresh throughout the day on Amazon's page. Once they updated their info about the latest dev update I went to MPQ's page on Kindle's store and the update was there. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    morgh said:

Wait, what?!? I think you might want to think about this again, matey. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got it.
    Haven't started it yet, but my quest list is...  (and I'm at Rank 176, been playing SCL 10 since its release)

Complete 6 Daily Quests
    •      30 3* Shards, 20 4* Shards, 3 Spicy Taco Tokens, 5000 ISO
    Buy anything from the Resources Shop
    •      800 ISO
    Use 3 Health Packs
    •      200 ISO
    Train 3 powers
    •      700 ISO
    Win 3 Story missions
    •      200 ISO
    Win 1 Versus mission
    •      200 ISO
    Deal 25000 damage to enemies
    •      250 ISO
    Use 1 Boost
    •      400 ISO
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's an industry truism that Android has a much larger userbase but accounts for a fraction of earned income in the app marketplace compared to iOS. The stats are available for anyone that cares to look. Not sure that's why that patch was late, but here are some references for those who were asking.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/4/21121558/google-80-billion-android-developers-apple-155

But...where was income even mentioned or relevant? Although I find it hard to believe that a 50% difference does not make Android your customers, 79% of your user base is probably Android and FTP games need volume...