New Feature in R215: Daily Quests

Options

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m now using a spare rotational roster spot to train a 2* three times , as I normally have 60+ 2* covers in queue and it’s easy to pick 1 character and train him / her 3 times . Doing 6 of 7 you can always skip spending HP in the shard store as well. The other 6 are normal daily events in the game 
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    One thing that I think should be changed is the button to bring up the Quests menu should carry over across all screens, rather than just the main Story and Versus pages.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,918 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m now using a spare rotational roster spot to train a 2* three times , as I normally have 60+ 2* covers in queue and it’s easy to pick 1 character and train him / her 3 times . Doing 6 of 7 you can always skip spending HP in the shard store as well. The other 6 are normal daily events in the game 
    So you’re essentially farming those covers in order to get more rewards? 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,171 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One thing that I think should be changed is the button to bring up the Quests menu should carry over across all screens, rather than just the main Story and Versus pages.
    I agree with this - backing all the way out of an event to check progress on them and then diving back in, particularly on disorganized events like The Hunt: Florida is a little bit cumbersome. 
  • Michael1957
    Options
    So you’re essentially farming those covers in order to get more rewards? 
    I interpret it as simply training 1 2* up to 3 times a day . When I run out of covers for it I delete it and choose the next 2*. The reward is only completing 1 of 6 quests 
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So far so good with the new update. My only question is, what's the timeline on the Milestone feature being released? Hopefully not a "cl10 coming soon" timeline.
  • Michael1957
    Options
    I mean you can interpret it how you want. The fact is you are dedicating a roster slot and covers for characters you are NOT playing. Sounds like farming for rewards to me. Actually no. You are farming for 1/6th of a reward. 

The only difference between what you are doing and what the vets you look down on do with their 2-4* farms, is that the latter get WAY better rewards/returns on their investments.

Something to consider. 
    There are no rewards for upgrading a character from 1 to 4 covers and deleting it. By definition it’s not farming therefore. It’s simply doing a specified quest by a means I find easiest and quickest . But you feel free to use whatever semantics you want if it makes you feel better. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did anybody else not get the taco tokens? The first day I completed all the tasks and got the 3 spicy tokens, bringing my total up to 4.  This morning I did the tasks and it said I got the tokens but I still only have 4.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Milestone Quest will be similar to Battle Pass, if you look at the different types of monetisation available in F2P games. 

To quote from wiki:

In the video game industry, a battle pass is a type of monetization approach that provides additional content for a game usually through a tiered system, rewarding the player with in-game items for playing the game and completing specific challenges.

Based on a few other F2P games with Battle Pass implemented that I played before, there are usually two types of Battle Pass milestone's: one for paying players, and the other for F2P players. It usually last for a season, before they change the rewards again.

I hope players won't flip, smash tiles and scream at the dev for being greedy when the dev do implement "Milestone" Quests this way.  B)

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I hope players won't flip, smash tiles and scream at the dev for being greedy when the dev do implement "Milestone" Quests this way.  B)

You can be sure of that
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed a character daily reward? I’ve gotten it two out of three days since this started while using 5* deadpool in the PVE and it resulted in a spicy taco token. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is an exciting development! My only immediate request:

Please revise "Train 3 powers" to include adding champ levels, even if you have to increase the number necessary to meet the threshold.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My impression of this so far: the extra rewards are nice and it has the potential to be a fun addition, but right now it's still somewhat in the 'meh' territory. This is mostly due to the missions being so boring. "Use 1 boost" or "Use 3 health packs"... I mean, c'mon.

My suggestion to improve this would be to add more interesting missions focused on gameplay. Just to name a few examples: creating critical tiles, making match-4/5s, destroying enemy special tiles, (burst-)healing your heroes, matching countdowns. Or maybe somewhat more novel, like winning a match without firing power or killing all 3 of the opponent team during the same turn.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Funny enough I was wondering which from "use 3 Health packs" to "buy stuff" I was hoping to avoid when an AI cascade in Divine Champions made the choice for me! Health packs it was.
    Like others I am keeping some stuff on the vine for the training aspect but as you can refigure your 1* and it counts I haven't had to get an extra roster spot just yet.
  • Ed5566
    Ed5566 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi, i’m hoping someone can please explain to me what they define a ‘cover pack’ as being? Thanks
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ed5566 said:
    Hi, i’m hoping someone can please explain to me what they define a ‘cover pack’ as being? Thanks
    Any token that isn't for a vault. Standard, Elite, Mighty, Heroic, both Legendary tokens, and any of the stores. If you can see all of the possibilities that you can get for a token (like in the Deadpool Vaults), then it's not a cover pack.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ed5566 said:

Anything that results in you being awarded a cover of a character. This includes opening Standards, Elite, Mighty, Heroic and Legendary tokens. I don't know about spending CP as I didn't try. I opened 3 standards and achieved the task.