New Feature in R215: Daily Quests

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last comment - what difference does the device you own make to how much you can expect to get an update on a FTP game? I have never been credit checked to my knowledge.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it serves for something, that update was on android the same day and barely at the same time that all updates until now.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I don’t think this update was marginally late due to spending demographics, just saying that you’re far more likely going to be able to monetize on iOS as a developer. We can feel whatever kind of way we want to about it, but the metrics all show iOS users are more likely to spend.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Got it.
    Haven't started it yet, but my quest list is...  (and I'm at Rank 176, been playing SCL 10 since its release)

Complete 6 Daily Quests
    •      30 3* Shards, 20 4* Shards, 3 Spicy Taco Tokens, 5000 ISO
    Buy anything from the Resources Shop
    •      800 ISO
    Use 3 Health Packs
    •      200 ISO
    Train 3 powers
    •      700 ISO
    Win 3 Story missions
    •      200 ISO
    Win 1 Versus mission
    •      200 ISO
    Deal 25000 damage to enemies
    •      250 ISO
    Use 1 Boost
    •      400 ISO
    That's what I got yesterday. Today mine are Buy anything from resources, open 4 cover packs, win a versus match, win 3 story missions, deal 25k damage, use 1 boost and use 1 team-up. I'm level 173 if anyone cares.
  • Cestmoi
    Cestmoi Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    At level 65, I only have 7 total, including the 'Do the other six, get all these nice things.' So to finish the dailies, I have to make a purchase from the resources store and train 3 powers, which most days (including today) would mean having to buy covers to manage that. 

So basically, a 'daily mission' that consists of 'spend money daily.' 

From my perspective, it should be renamed 'bonuses for whales....'
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cestmoi said:
    At level 65, I only have 7 total, including the 'Do the other six, get all these nice things.' So to finish the dailies, I have to make a purchase from the resources store and train 3 powers, which most days (including today) would mean having to buy covers to manage that. 

That's a bit harsh imo. If you roster one or two 1*, training 3 powers is doable. 

Are you sure you have only 6 quests apart from the 'complete 6 daily quests'? It clearly says on the first page there are 7 quests and the complete 6 quest. In that case you can always skip one quest.

I'm at a point where I rather spend 35 HP for some shards than use up healthpacks if my characters aren't really needing them. However, you might think differently and that's fine too.
  • Cestmoi
    Cestmoi Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Cestmoi said:

That's a bit harsh imo. If you roster one or two 1*, training 3 powers is doable. 

Are you sure you have only 6 quests apart from the 'complete 6 daily quests'? It clearly says on the first page there are 7 quests and the complete 6 quest. In that case you can always skip one quest.

I'm at a point where I rather spend 35 HP for some shards than use up healthpacks if my characters aren't really needing them. However, you might think differently and that's fine too.
    I suppose I could ditch a character just to have an easy to level character, but ensuring that seems like a questionable use of a character slot. Ah.... training by way of changing the balance between the three powers did count. Thanks!
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited November 2020
    Options
    So people who got the update on 2020/11/09 and did the tasks now have a new set of tasks on 2020/11/10, while those who did not get the update until today have the original set.

The tasks appear to be identical on "Day X of task list", but the day is set per-player, meaning a new player who starts some time in the future would be on the day 1 tasks when they become available.  This also implies that the tasks will get more demanding as time goes on.
    (EDIT: I went back and re-read the original post; a new player should only have to do 5000 damage on day 1 rather than the 25000 damage we vets got as a task, so how demanding a task is should be tied to something like shield rank rather than day count of the list.  *Should*.)

I wonder what happens when a player does not log in and misses one or more days?  Does the task list continue to advance each day while they're gone, or does it stop advancing days until they return?
    I assume failure to complete a task list while logged in still advances the day count.
    It would be nice to know these details.

Devs, care to provide more information? 
    Also, thanks for adding this feature!
    (EDIT: Removed tag to the original poster; if the threshold for task requirements is tied to something other than day count of the task list, it doesn't matter if a player's task list advances days when they are not logged in)

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the Story Mission quest, playing those nodes with green checks counts as well. So, it doesn't have to be a fresh node.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cestmoi said:
    Dogface said:
    Cestmoi said:

I suppose I could ditch a character just to have an easy to level character, but ensuring that seems like a questionable use of a character slot. Ah.... training by way of changing the balance between the three powers did count. Thanks!
    So it seems that just moving IM1 ‘s power balance around a few times is enough training . Just keep all those covers for him when needed for an extra training 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm happy with this so far - at my reward level (146), a four star cover every 20 days for doing the stuff I normally do, plus 7,500 ISO or so a day is a nice bonus. Plus, if it's 3 spicy tokens every day, plus the one you get if you use 5* Deadpool, that means another 4-star cover and a support every ten days or so. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PuceMoose said:
    I'm happy with this so far - at my reward level (146), a four star cover every 20 days for doing the stuff I normally do, plus 7,500 ISO or so a day is a nice bonus. Plus, if it's 3 spicy tokens every day, plus the one you get if you use 5* Deadpool, that means another 4-star cover and a support every ten days or so. 
    It won't take 40 pulls every time.  My statistics is rusty, but I think it should average 20 pulls, or every 5 days.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My SR 164 and I have the exact same quests and rewards as PiMacleod's.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    While additional resources are always nice, especially for newer players, this just feels like a minimum engagement checklist to me. Nothing about it is "puzzly" or "questy" aside maybe from a resource management perspective, but I doubt that's why most folks play. Hopefully the later additions will be more engaging.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Feedback time!

From a resources perspective, I think it’s great. Minimal effort for decent enough rewards. It’s “free stuff” and there appears to be nothing taken away from the players. All that is spectacular.
    From a fun perspective it’s much less exciting. It seems we are all getting the same “quests” and rewards regardless of rank and they pretty much boil down to “consume resources” (healthpacks, teamups, boosts, HP, tokens) or “play a match” (story, versus, deal x amount of damage, etc.). I was honestly hoping for a bit more ingenuity with the quests like getting a certain number of protect tiles on the board, holding 30 AP of a color, etc.  Basically trying to get stuff to happen within a given match. The way it is now, it’s easy enough to knock it out in 5 minutes, but I’ve never felt a sense of accomplishment completing anyone of these tasks. It’s mostly just doing things I would do anyways (play a story match or deal X damage) or going out of my way to equip/consume something I wouldn’t otherwise. My guess is most other vets feel the same way (good from a resource perspective, tedious/unfun from a gameplay perspective). I really hope that what was said in the OP about tasks/rewards changing with SR is coming soon!

I can't help but wonder if that's what "Milestone Quests" will be.  It would fit the meaning of the word, I think?
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I love the extra free resources! Thank you!

I'm curious, though, if anyone else is feeling the need to hoard tokens to make sure they have enough to open packs and/or train powers? I know it's not a million resources, but I do love 3 daily Spicy tokens (I don't say 4 because I truly never know when I'm going to get the one by playing with D5edpool, sigh). And those shards are great!

I am also on Team Train Powers Should Include Champion Levels. I'm on that team.

:)
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm curious, though, if anyone else is feeling the need to hoard tokens to make sure they have enough to open packs and/or train powers? I know it's not a million resources, but I do love 3 daily Spicy tokens (I don't say 4 because I truly never know when I'm going to get the one by playing with D5edpool, sigh). And those shards are great!

I am also on Team Train Powers Should Include Champion Levels. I'm on that team.

Yeah, I've been doing the same. Open packs isn't too much an issue, I get enough packs a day. But I do have some covers on the vine for training, which I otherwise would have applied directly, now I'm waiting if it's gonna be a quest tomorrow or later.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options

I already keep a spare roster spot and leave all my 1* Venoms on the vine. No idea why I chose him, but I did. The reason I do that is I like to swap my favorite teams a lot based on the event. So I do the “roster a 1*, put them on saved teams, then sell them” hack to create pick-2 teams. 
    So since my vine is flush with Venom’s already this isn’t a huge deal.  But...

1) I shouldn’t have to roster/assign/sell a 1* to make a two person team when that’s like 60% of the teams we field. Hopefully, they aren’t done tweaking the saved teams feature. 
    2) Upgrading champed powers should absolutely work as written. We could argue it’s a bug that it doesn’t. Or the quest should be written differently and shouldn’t say “train 3 powers”. Because when I go to change champed Thanos’ purple from 3 to 5 it says “Thanos is at the power cap. To TRAIN Infinite Power, drop a level from another ability”. So I am in fact training a power.