New Feature in R215: Daily Quests

Options

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Omegased said:
    Neat feature. but the train three powers a day is a massive pain for anyone beyond early stages of the game. I mean I guess I could use a roster spot and recruit/sell a one star 3 times but I don't think that was the intent of It. an easy fix would be making adding a champion level count towards that.

It's funny how everyone has latched onto this one, but having thought about it it's probably not as hard as you'd expect for higher tier players, especially if it includes adding a champ level to characters. i get, probably 10 tokens a day that give me champ levels in my 2 and 3 star farms. if that counts? easy. Guess we'll find out tomorrow!
    Adding champion levels does not count for that quest.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OJSP said:
    mbaren said:
    Oh, I know.  I just can't see the actual quests.
    The quests will appear after we get the latest update (R215), while the Taco: Spicy token has been available since Deadpool was released a couple of weeks ago (the wording on the notification has been the same since I started getting the tokens last week). I'm not sure if it's going to be part of the actual Daily Quest, because it would immediately disadvantage those who doesn't have him. Presumably it was just an unfortunate wording or bad timing to release him before the actual Daily Quest started.
    You know what?  This is me not understanding what was going on.  I didn't realize 5* Deadpool gives you a Spicy token for first time use in the day, so I thought it had to do with the daily quests that are coming out.
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options

Omegased said:
    Neat feature. but the train three powers a day is a massive pain for anyone beyond early stages of the game. I mean I guess I could use a roster spot and recruit/sell a one star 3 times but I don't think that was the intent of It. an easy fix would be making adding a champion level count towards that.

It's funny how everyone has latched onto this one, but having thought about it it's probably not as hard as you'd expect for higher tier players, especially if it includes adding a champ level to characters. i get, probably 10 tokens a day that give me champ levels in my 2 and 3 star farms. if that counts? easy. Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

If champion levels counted it wouldn't be a problem. I just freed up a roster space and recruited/sold one stars to hit the goal. It's just silly that I have to do that .
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That 1* cycling for players on 2000* days in SCL 200+ is indeed silly. Hope that gets corrected quickly.

Buying a 35hp shard does count as „buying from resource store“, so at least they don‘t require spending real money (for now).

Earned Shards are favorited shards, so not random ones. Thats a cool win in my book. Thanks for this, it has a lot of cool potential.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To me it's a bit of waste resources to get resources. I'm not really crazy about spending 35 HP for shards, nor using health packs/teamup if I don't have to. 
    And the timing to ask for a versus match is a bit unlucky now, as I usually wait until there's an hour or so left on a given slice.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Omegased said:

I haven't seen that yet - where was that reported? EDITEven with that, I would think a 2star farm would probably give me three covers a day. Maybe. I'll check today :)
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don’t farm but it wouldn’t be an inconvenience to start a 1* farm for 3 upgrades a day 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was a bit late in the day for me to hit all these naturally when the update landed, but most of them I would have done. I opted to pick up a slug of 3* resources; I don’t really have too easy a path to adding 3 covers at this point with most everyone champed. These are pretty ok, but it didn’t feel scaled to my SCL on this day 1 block of stuff. But I think overall it’s a good supplement to the standard content.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Omegased said:
    Omegased said:

I haven't seen that yet - where was that reported? EDITEven with that, I would think a 2star farm would probably give me three covers a day. Maybe. I'll check today :)
    I tested it myself.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And it looks like rostering a character doesn’t count as training a power (which I suppose makes sense, because we aren’t actually training up a level). So just rostering and repeatedly selling 1* covers won’t work. We’ll have to actually farm 3 actual powers. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And it looks like rostering a character doesn’t count as training a power (which I suppose makes sense, because we aren’t actually training up a level). So just rostering and repeatedly selling 1* covers won’t work. We’ll have to actually farm 3 actual powers. 
    It's actually harder than it looks. I must say I got R215 after I had done DDQ, so that made it slightly harder still.

I ended up rostering a second dupe of a 3* with enough shards to train powers. Most my 2* farm was already at 13 covers with saved covers, so that didn't help.

For the rest, I basically wasted 3 heath packs on barely injured characters and a teamup I didn't actually need to use to win. 

The 'main' daily prize is quite decent, so it was worth it. But I'm wondering if it will be every day.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dogface said
    It's actually harder than it looks. I must say I got R215 after I had done DDQ, so that made it slightly harder still.

I ended up rostering a second dupe of a 3* with enough shards to train powers. Most my 2* farm was already at 13 covers with saved covers, so that didn't help.

For the rest, I basically wasted 3 heath packs on barely injured characters and a teamup I didn't actually need to use to win. 

The 'main' daily prize is quite decent, so it was worth it. But I'm wondering if it will be every day.
    Agreed. Personally (playing SCL7) I don’t use health packs daily (only once in awhile if really needed). I also don’t tend to use team-ups, although I guess I can start using at least one a day in PvP and just request them more regularly from my alliance. And I’m not sure how much I want to spend 35HP each day, since that’s worth another roster spot every month. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out with more time, but hitting 6 a day isn’t an obvious, easy thing to do without making some decisions to lose/spend other resources. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice addition and kudos to devs, takes very little effort for rewards and aligns the game to many other mobile games.  
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've had three roster spots for years that are set aside for 1* Spidey, Storm and Iron Man for DDQ so for me it's pretty easy to apply covers whenever one comes in. Also, I do like that you can just claim your rewards instead of having them pop up when you're grinding pve or in between pvp matches.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Omegased said:

It does not count adding champ levels or respecing champed toons either, it is pure pre-13 cover addition of a cover. So this combined with a ‘buy a resource’ quest I can understand those with more advanced rosters being upset about it.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Doing the “train one power at the expense of another” on a maxed one-star does count for “Train A Power” at least, so I was able to do it with the one-stars I got from my first Hunt run standards.

But I think whoever designed that needs to ask themselves what they meant by that and if they really intended it to happen naturaly over the course of a day’s play. And maybe change it to “apply three covers to a character” or even “apply 5 covers” to make champs count.

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Doing the “train one power at the expense of another” on a maxed one-star does count for “Train A Power” at least, so I was able to do it with the one-stars I got from my first Hunt run standards.

But I think whoever designed that needs to ask themselves what they meant by that and if they really intended it to happen naturaly over the course of a day’s play. And maybe change it to “apply three covers to a character” or even “apply 5 covers” to make champs count.

I got so used to selling my 1* covers that I forgot to keep the IM cover that I could have done this with.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Loosie said:
    Omegased said:

It does not count adding champ levels or respecing champed toons either, it is pure pre-13 cover addition of a cover. So this combined with a ‘buy a resource’ quest I can understand those with more advanced rosters being upset about it.
    yea right - that does seem like a bit of difficult scenario. I guess considering it's day 0 there may be changes. I would imagine they didn't create these without the metrics of how often these could be completed, so I'm sure we'll see changes (whether or not they'll be communicated is a different story)
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It'd be nice if they could be a bit more flexible and let adding champ levels also count, expecting players to repeatedly add a pointless 1* is not a compelling gameplay addition after all. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems like they have not rolled out Quests based on SR yet because it seems like everyone got the same type of quest. If quest based on SR is activated, logically, we will be pointing out the differences in our quests conditions.

Could it be due to it being a "ritual", where every players experience the same quest on the first run, and subsequently, quests based on SR will be rolled out.

I'm glad DDQ isn't replaced by this.