New Feature in R215: Daily Quests

Options

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This looks like a great addition. It’s much appreciated. Please be forthcoming if there will be trade offs to curb expectations.

Right now it looks like a nice way to add resources and more importantly fun. Good job!
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow this is awesome. You'll pick up rewards just by playing the regular events for a lot of those parameters, and free resources are nothing to sneeze at either way. I don't see why some people are already griping about it being a money grab or complaining that the rewards aren't good enough. It's not taking anything away from you. Why grumble about it? You just got something to better the game for free guys! 
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Extra resources for doing what I was already doing? Yes please! Is it gonna be retroactive to our first start day? (Trolls under bridge growl out I smell greed)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    What happens if you forget to hit the "CLAIM" button? Does it reset and you lose those rewards?
    Will any of the tasks be tied to using specific characters that a player may or may not have unlocked?
    Are the quests designed in such a way that progression players will hit all of the objectives? Or are there tasks that may require either a change in play style or additional time spent?
    Right here in these examples you can see a "buy something from the resource store" task, so I'm guessing they aren't all tied to regular play

I wasn't talking about that one. I didn't think it necessary to specify as much.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the Resources Shop, players can spend HP to buy shards. From the screenshot, it states, "Buy anything from the Resources shop." If there's really IAP required, we can just skip that one quest since it resets every 24 hours. 

I wonder if they are coming up with a Battle Pass type system for the Milestone quest. The dev at Marvel Strike Force is implementing a Battle-Pass system soon. 
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Just a shame there are "forced spend HC" tasks.
    It better be extremely rare.  Seeing the timer along the top of the menu, you only have a set amount of time to finish all of the tasks looks like.  Kinda terrible to have a day's worth of tasks stalled because you are forced to spend HC on some random **** thing just so you can fully complete the day's worth of tasks.  Who wants to guess that higher Shield Level users will get "spend HC" tasks more frequently?
    Guess they have to maintain their track record on new features never being fully 100% pro player, and having at least one minor or even major element to them being anti-player.
    Still, the overall feature is like 4+ years late, so at least progress in some ways.  Better to have this in the game than not, so there is that.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    it looks to be giving out slugs of favorite shards, which is nice. Should help the 3/4* targeted growth. @IceIX
    is this coming with any other economy tradeoffs or is it purely additional?

The economic trade-offs are that tasks will "force" you to spend HC if you want to complete the full list looks like.
    How frequent they show up in your list will determine how much of a mitigation it is.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    All of you are focusing on the buy something from the resources shop(for winning 800 iso, wow what an achievement). 
    Before even playing it there comes the complains, the trade off and soon coming the famous "slap in the face for us players", what it is a neat way for to reject any good change coming to the game.
    I wasnt expected less from you. Except for the fans that actually are happy, of course.
    Favourite shards as a reward were suggested by your most humble servant, in here  https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82950/the-poll-that-will-change-everything-cough-cough-maybe-not proving this way that a positive community can truly benefit the game and players, imo.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    It's quite sad to see the focus on the "spending" portion, and then putting down the dev for this.  This is a bonus on top of what we are doing everyday. This goes to show that it's impossible to satisfy completionists/perfectionists.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm excited to see how this turns out - it looks like a nice extra, and if you can't/don't feel like completing the day's quests, no big deal, you get a different set of tasks the next day. I wonder if the extra taco tokens won correspond to the currently active taco vault, or if it's random? Does it include the chance to get spicy tacos as well?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Being condescending and dismissive of people who have legitimate complaints is obnoxious and not helpful.
    I sure can accept that WHEN we played that and we can have legitimate motives to complain THEN.
    Until then it is a positive change giving more resources and fun, being less helpful negative complains.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like they´re finally putting the 'quest' aspect into marvel puzzle quest.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I think there are quite a number of players living an idealistic MPQ world. If the dev is making a feature like this a free for all without "penalty", or they can't even be bothered to monetise, make a tradeoff or "gate" certain contents out of this, it's like telling me that they are shutting the game in six months' time. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I think there are quite a number of players living an idealistic MPQ world. If the dev is making a feature like this a free for all without "penalty", or they can't even be bothered to monetise, make a tradeoff or "gate" certain contents out of this, it's like telling me that they are shutting the game in six months' time. 
    Don’t understand this perspective at all. The more generous they are, the more I am inclined to spend to support them. Ultimately, it is the more greedy measures that have slowed my spending. As I understand you are a F2P player...which probably serves a different viewpoint.

That said, this seems a net positive change so far. I’m not sure what all the speculation about “complaints” is about.