New Feature in R215: Daily Quests

Options

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Being condescending and dismissive of people who have legitimate complaints is obnoxious and not helpful.
    I sure can accept that WHEN we played that and we can have legitimate motives to complain THEN.
    Until then it is a positive change giving more resources and fun, being less helpful negative complains.
    I agree, there shouldn’t be any complaints , and the only way I’d complain is if I was an egocentric spoiled 10 year old who only cares about himself. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Spending to complete one part of the quest is likely just a way for spenders to save time to fully complete the daily quest in the same manner that spenders can speed up their roster development. This might be important if a different part of the quest is something that takes a lot of time (generate unique board condition or win a ton of matches on a day when there isn't much going on like during boss events).
    Or maybe for players who reach rank 150+ the 'buy' will limited to just a Stark worth of ISO ;)
    KGB
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, looking at the current tasks it looks pretty good.

1. Six daily quests. (DDQ)
    2. Buy anything from resource shop (If this includes using hp to buy shards then that's only 35hp)
    3. Train 3 powers (I train 1*s everyday for XP anyway)
    4. Win 3 story missions (Easy peasy)
    5. Win 1 versus mission (Again, easy especially for lightning rounds)
    6. ???
    7. ???

As long as the last two aren't overly difficult then I like it. If they had just locked this behind VIP then it would have sucked to me. I kinda feel like they're doing this to get more people into pvp, or even playing in events in general. I'd be curious to know how much of the player base only does DDQ.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The only way I would be complaining about this is if it comes with some unannounced reduction in benefits elsewhere, and then the "buy something" "quests" escalate to the point where I now have an effective reduction in resources. It feels like a good ADDITION, but historically there are are no pure additions, only trade-offs, so that's why I asked if there would be another shoe dropping at some point someplace else.

That's the takeaway here.  Name ONE feature they've added in the past 2+ years that didn't have a "trade-off" of some kind.
    Devil is in the details for sure, and knowing what the final reward(s) are for completing all tasks in a daily cycle determine how bad this will feel.  Same with how frequently these "spend HC" tasks show up.
    It's possible some days won't have one of these types of tasks at all (I assume each day your list is randomly generated from a large list of tasks).  If they escalate to the point where half the tasks are 'spend HC', it will become an ignored feature and just an annoying tease.  Considering how much HC rewards have been reduced throughout the entire game the past year+, any additional "required" spending of HC matters.
    Again, this feature is a great one.
    One that has been requested for years (possibly even by myself back in like 2016 or so).
    It will greatly help players across practically every tier of progression.
    Just that it's a bit of a downer to see that full interaction with this feature requires spending HC, and I don't know how anyone can't see that as the typical "trade-off" they've done with every single new mostly positive feature they've added the past 3+ years.
    Sadly, we've been conditioned to expect nothing less...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is HC?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Initial reaction: tempered cautious optimism.

I think some folks missed their comment: “Players will see an assortment of 7 Quests on each day, plus a larger overall Quest for completing at least 6 of these 7.” So if only 1 is a “buy something” quest, you could skip it and still get the bigger prize.

I agree, I’ve seen too many things implemented with something else taken away, but I’ll leave the door open that may not be the case here. That said, as a 5* player the initial prizes they show are not going to move the needle much for me. My hope is they give us the ability to earn 5* shards and not just 3* and 4*, but I would be surprised if they did.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I see some similarities between DDQ and this Daily Quests.

DDQ currently has 7 quests, with the following rewards:

Nodes
    1 LT
    2 CP
    2 Vault Tokens
    1 3* Cover
    Iso-8: 1000 + 500

Progression
    1 Standard Token
    1 Elite
    1 Vault Token
    10 HP
    Iso-8: 1750 + 3250

I'm guessing that DDQ could be replaced with this. The amount of Iso-8 and vault tokens given are almost similar. In DDQ, you can also get full progression by completing 6/7 quests. 3* cover, CP and HP are being traded for shards.

Also, the dev mentioned in the last Twitch livestream about working on giving the game a new code of fresh paint in the next few months. So, this could be one of them. 

I think they are giving what players want: "puzzly" content and "SCL" in DDQ. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    That's like saying we aren't allowed to complain about a tree in the road until after the car hits it.

Again, acting like people aren't allowed to worry about potential problems just isn't cool. No one benefits from you trying to police others' opinions.
    You are free to complain all you want. And so do I to point out that anomaly on a game fans  community. A community worrying about potential problems I think it acts more like a police than like players.
    If this is your idea of what a community it is... constantly negotiating about resources in each and one big change the game has...
    Take all your precious resources and give me a better game, funnier and with fresh experiences, thanks.
    Its not like you are going to change or negotiate the game like you would like, nevertheless.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    **Mod note: Please keep the discussion civil and on topic. Thank you.
  • Craig8429
    Craig8429 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Definitely some upsides and downsides to this feature, however it has me really excited. if the rewards we see listed are consistent it will help progression for mid tiered players looking to break in to 3/4s.  the purchasing aspect is a bit scary with our cheapest option (3shards 35hp, if they count of course) we are looking at  an additional 1050 HP per month to be distributed to the daily.  needless to say. I can't wait for the patch to drop. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    I think it's funny that people use the "flag" option to mean "I dislike your post". 

And more often than not, it's just a matter of opinion...  Voicing a concern over a feature is fine, and supporting the feature is fine.  Both are okay.  They can coexist.

What CANNOT coexist is people that don't allow others the freedom to voice an opinion -- or those that "flag" opinion posts.  Censoring harmless praise/concerns does nothing but stifle what would otherwise be good conversation material.

Lets not forget that the entire U.S. just went through a giant red vs blue debate (which still rages on, despite apparent results?)...  red and blue can't get along it seems without the user base reducing themselves to making fun of each other with petty memes and name calling.  And no one likes it -- not a single soul is like "Oh boy -- time to go read derogatory material about the party I support, and post childish stuff in turn".  The people who don't participate don't like it, and the people that DO participate can't wait for it to be over...

SOOOOOO -- let's not be like that, okay?  Seek to understand, and feel free to question things without 'flags' and shutting down someone else's views.
    Agreed. Not liking what someone has to say doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be able to voice it without retaliation. On the boards and in life.

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well, that was unexpected.  After playing the 5* Deadpool node I got a notification that I'd completed a Daily Quest.  Which I can't actually see in the game.  So... yay?
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OJSP said:

That was the announcement for getting the Taco: Spicy token.

Oh, I know.  I just can't see the actual quests.
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    mbaren said:
    OJSP said:

That was the announcement for getting the Taco: Spicy token.

Oh, I know.  I just can't see the actual quests.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but release 215 isn't out as yet so there are no daily quests as yet 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    I think it's funny that people use the "flag" option to mean "I dislike your post". 

And more often than not, it's just a matter of opinion...  Voicing a concern over a feature is fine, and supporting the feature is fine.  Both are okay.  They can coexist.

What CANNOT coexist is people that don't allow others the freedom to voice an opinion -- or those that "flag" opinion posts.  Censoring harmless praise/concerns does nothing but stifle what would otherwise be good conversation material.

Lets not forget that the entire U.S. just went through a giant red vs blue debate (which still rages on, despite apparent results?)...  red and blue can't get along it seems without the user base reducing themselves to making fun of each other with petty memes and name calling.  And no one likes it -- not a single soul is like "Oh boy -- time to go read derogatory material about the party I support, and post childish stuff in turn".  The people who don't participate don't like it, and the people that DO participate can't wait for it to be over...

SOOOOOO -- let's not be like that, okay?  Seek to understand, and feel free to question things without 'flags' and shutting down someone else's views.
    I think flagging posts is pretty useless anyway. If a comment is that offensive then I think it would be better to just contact a mod directly about it. In general this forum is pretty civil.
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Neat feature. but the train three powers a day is a massive pain for anyone beyond early stages of the game. I mean I guess I could use a roster spot and recruit/sell a one star 3 times but I don't think that was the intent of It. an easy fix would be making adding a champion level count towards that.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Neat feature. but the train three powers a day is a massive pain for anyone beyond early stages of the game. I mean I guess I could use a roster spot and recruit/sell a one star 3 times but I don't think that was the intent of It. an easy fix would be making adding a champion level count towards that.

It's funny how everyone has latched onto this one, but having thought about it it's probably not as hard as you'd expect for higher tier players, especially if it includes adding a champ level to characters. i get, probably 10 tokens a day that give me champ levels in my 2 and 3 star farms. if that counts? easy. Guess we'll find out tomorrow!