R192: Champion Rewards Updates

Options

Comments

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So for me, I got exactly the number of 5* shards and covers as expected, but only because my relevant 4*s are around level 296-298, although I’m not sure if I’m suppose to have gotten extra 5* captain marvel and doc ock shards or not, as 4* marvel and carnage are both over 310 (and are my only 4* feeders that are).

I got away lightly here, but I absolutely understand why many are annoyed. I do feel that if you have already got the cover from an existing feeder, you shouldn’t be getting all the equivalent number of shards again.

I must admit though, I am more than a bit confused by the whole thing though
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's possible they might be doing batch update because their servers can't handle giving out that much rewards in one update.  B)
    Very much hope so. If that's what's up, I hope they come out and say it soon. Morale is currently not high. 
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's possible they might be doing batch update because their servers can't handle giving out that much rewards in one update.  B)
    Let's hope so, because that was disappointing to say the least.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Very much hope so. If that's what's up, I hope they come out and say it soon. Morale is currently not high. 
    Why are they being so silent?
  • NokkonWud
    NokkonWud Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Not sure this was the way to handle the update. 

My 4* Cyclops rewarded 1x 5* Cable and 100 shards for Cable. I would have had 500 shards via progression, so now I'm a cover down on Cable. This is just one example. 

Why not pay the new currency out in whole to those who have played and supported the game as long as they have to be that far in progression rewards? So strange. 

Obviously this payout aligns with the edit to the original post which was edited just before the payout), but why give roughly 20% of the shards out to someone because they have a champed character. Give them 100% as a reward for playing the game. At least that way it's consistent for everyone!
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well, the table that outlined the new rewards per level didn't even end up being right...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I rarely see devs replying at this timing. They are more likely to reply within the next 4 to 8 hours.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Why are they being so silent?
    Well, I think the d3 comms team is US west coast.  So I wouldn't expect much from IceIX for at least a few more hours.  Maybe something from demi over on discord?  (Though that would surprisingly fast.)

Hopefully they are in damage control mode because this is turning into a PR debacle.  That's the only way we will ever actually get any favorable change to this horrible update.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NokkonWud said:

My 4* Cyclops rewarded 1x 5* Cable and 100 shards for Cable. I would have had 500 shards via progression, so now I'm a cover down on Cable. This is just one example. 

Why not pay the new currency out in whole to those who have played and supported the game as long as they have to be that far in progression rewards? So strange. 
    My 4* Cyc is max champ at 370 and I got 1 Cable Blue cover and 500 shards... 

On the other hand...  My 4* Iceman is level 349 and I got a single Iceman Yellow cover and 650 shards.  650?  ****?
  • CathexisZero
    CathexisZero Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2019
    Options
     IceX stated that "TLDR, if you would have missed Shards towards a cover but *haven’t yet received that cover in full*, you’ll get those Shards. So if you would have been working towards a cover before and now you’re working toward Shards, you’ll have the Shards up till then to equal the cover."

So I have a Level 359 Medusa.  I received no Black Bolt shards.  So when I hit 360, instead of getting a Black Bolt cover...I instead get 250 shards.    I thought that if we would have "missed" shards due to the updates, those shards would be retroactively awarded. 

And this isn't the only retroactive or prospective hit my roster is taking due to this change.  

I mean, SERIOUSLY?  Something went very, very, very wrong here.  
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also got zero 4* covers.  and only 1,400 total shards between 9 4* characters despite the fact I have every single 3* max champed and duplicate champed versions for almost every single one of them.
  • killahKlown
    edited December 2019
    Options
    NokkonWud said:
    For what it's worth, the original post was edited today at the bottom to say that we will be getting less shards than we would get through progression. So where you *should* have shards to buy covers, you will get about 20% of the amount you thought you'd get. Not sure why they opted for this, just seems inconsistent and unfair on people who have played the game longer.

On the other hand, keeping it the old way is unfair to the lower rosters.  As they wouldn't benefit from the "double dipping" of getting LT rewards and the retroactively getting cover rewards for the same level once a new feeder is created.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good governor, this has to go down as the most needlessly confusing update in the history of the game. 

Overall shard haul is waaaaayyyy lower than expected. I got some shards for some 5* characters, both new feeders and old, but no shards for other 5* characters? Why? Who knows? (Only the Shadow knows) 

Got a few 4* shards, but not many. Same with 3* shards. 

I'm becoming more and more convinced they made this as confusing and complicated as possible so no one really knows what they should or shouldn't be expecting for rewards. Makes it that much easier for mistakes to be missed. 
  • NokkonWud
    NokkonWud Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    pheregas said:
    NokkonWud said:

My 4* Cyc is max champ at 370 and I got 1 Cable Blue cover and 500 shards... 

On the other hand...  My 4* Iceman is level 349 and I got a single Iceman Yellow cover and 650 shards.  650?  tinykitty?
    So you should have 2500 shards for Cable from progression, so around 20*. My Cyclops is 312, I should have 500, got 100. Again, 20%. 
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    i am trying to look over a few covers and noticed i am getting about half of what I should have.
    Example - 3* Torch - received all of the Thing shards, but none of 4* Torch shards

I think there is a bug in this rollout.

Ice - Could you please let us know if there is an issue with the update??
  • killahKlown
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    NokkonWud said:
    For what it's worth, the original post was edited today at the bottom to say that we will be getting less shards than we would get through progression. So where you *should* have shards to buy covers, you will get about 20% of the amount you thought you'd get. Not sure why they opted for this, just seems inconsistent and unfair on people who have played the game longer.

On the other hand, keeping it the old way is unfair to the lower rosters.  As they wouldn't benefit from the "double dipping" of getting LT rewards and the retroactively getting cover rewards for the same level once a new feeder is created.
    Uh huh...so did the newer/lower rosters pay into the game for 4 years keeping it going?
    Oh right...updates should only be unfair towards the group that you are not in.  Got it.