R192: Champion Rewards Updates

Options

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If someone has a spare pitchfork I’ll happily trade you for my 100 cable shards. 
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    StevO-J said:
    So the rewards for 2*s are still to come, I guess? I have a 144 and a 137 2* Bullseye and had zero shards for 3* Bullseye, and at the time of typing I am still at zero shards for 3* Bullseye.
    I got literally nothing for my 2* and 3* and they are all champed except for like 4 3*.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I expected a lot more shards.  I have a level 343 Medusa and I received no shards towards Black Bolt, for example.  
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't think I've gotten any of my secondary 4* shards. I have a full stable of max-champed 3-stars. I was certainly expecting some Mysterio shards to drop to help with this crash. 
  • Scuzoid
    Scuzoid Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't think any of the new secondary shards were rewarded.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Regarding your 137 2* Bullseye, you shouldn't be getting any shards. However, if your 2* Bulleye is 107, you will get 100 shards.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was pretty excited for this when it was announced. Having just logged in and received my "rewards"? Wow. This is absolute garbage. I'm hoping some mistake has been made or more rewards are coming. If not, this is just absolutely awful. A lvl 306 Prof. X 4* rewarding 1 cover and 100 shards? Terrible change from the previous way retroactive rewards were gives out for feeders. 

Also, a bunch of my 5*s didn't even receive shards from their feeders. My JJ got nothing from having a lvl 326 America Chavez. 

We really need a dev to jump on with some info about these issues. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So despite the fact that my 4* Professor X is level 327, I got one progression Blue cover for 5* Prof X and 200 shards.  Even though if I had 12 covers hanging out in inventory, then applied them after this "update", I would have gotten 500.  So here sits my 5* Charles with 200 shards, 8 saved covers and is still 2/5/5.  I need 13 more 4* covers to get enough shards to get my last needed cover.  Oh, and I'll still have 200 shards sitting around.

Meanwhile, GE Doom now has, with the addition of 300 new shards, combined with my previously earned 163 shards, 463 shards.  As he's now 450, I need to open 13 Latest Legendary Tokens to get ONE Latest Legendary token.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Uhhh so either another round of rewards are going out or something is massively screwed up
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    It should be that way. Your 326 America Chavez shouldn't be getting any shards.
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    I don't usually post protests but the retroactive rewards are completely unfair to those who have already progressed.  Instead of getting 3 5* PX from my 330 PX I get 1 plus 200 shards?  This is a huge kick in the face to higher level players.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Options

My 318 Invisible Woman got 450 DD shards and 1 cover. 

Figured out how it works:

1 cover as past 380

200 bonus shards as past level 300 - instead of 500 shards which would be due at that level it's 100 bonus shards for 2x 250 shards.

250 shards as partially on the way to level 320, so that the 250 shards at 320 aren't wasted in theory.

So the 200 bonus shards are really the waste, with a champ DD I'm never sharting him.  Oh and to rub salt in the wound my 5* PX at 5/3/0 got a cover I can save instead of enough shards to get a colorless cover (that would also happen in the old system, but **** either way)

Plus no 4* or 3* shards that I can see.

• cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Unbelievable.  So for a 340 Rogue I received 1 Gambit cover (a dupe for me) and 300 shards.  Using the old reward structure a 340 Rogue would have netted me 4 covers.  I mean if 500 shards = 1 cover WHY would you just not give 500 shards for the new feeders????  That would match the previous new feeder updates exactly.  Who made this decision, Scrooge?

Makes no sense and quite frankly has me more disappointed than any previous change made in the this system.

Merry Xmas.  

Just despicable.

Edit - What's especially annoying is seeing the 500 shards in lieu of an LT ticked off in the Champion Awards list for the 4* with new feeders but only getting 100.  Just don't get it.  Way to absolutely blow it, guys.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It should be that way. Your 326 America Chavez shouldn't be getting any shards.
    Went and reread what Ice posted about retroactive 4* rewards and see now that he was only talking about new feeders. 

However, my Okoye got 100 shards as a reward. I have a lvl 315 Shuri. Why did she get shards? I have no idea what is going on right now. This update has ruined my brain. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder if I would have been less disappointed if the wording of the announcement had been clearer. Maybe it was me failing to understand the wording properly but it feels like the explanation did a really bad job of letting me figure out what to expect. My expectations were waaaaaayyyyy higher than reality and they were disappointing enough. This is a real dumpster fire in terms of the rewards, the communication, expectation management and, frankly, everything else. 

🔥       🔥       🔥 
    🔥 🗑 🔥 🗑 🔥 🗑
     🗑      🗑       🗑 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    It's possible they might be doing batch update because their servers can't handle giving out that much rewards in one update.  B)
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty much what I expected at this point. That’s not a good thing.

Im getting really tired of the ****. I lost more in saved cover value than I gained in this. Of course.