R192: Champion Rewards Updates

Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    pheregas said:

I agree with you that it would have been nice to double dip.  However, while it might be nice, I cannot convince myself to get mad about only single dipping.  It's the half-dips I get cranky about when others will eventually get a full scoop.

Time will tell though.  I think Ice should have given an example with a level 370 4* with a new 5* champ reward.  The max champ rewards may have only applied to a smaller subset of the player base, but everyone would have gotten useful information from it.
    Yeah, this alone doesn't seem like a decision to get excercised about.  It's a much bigger problem if people whole have a 360 IMHB get < 6 total covers (via covers or shards) for rescue because they got those champ levels before R192.

But my main point is that hound was, apparently, taking the position that would be obviously absurd for players to want double covers for level 360+ champs that already had feeder.  And I just don't think it would be a big deal either way.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta said:
    Will this retroactively give us all the rewards for characters we've sold previously too - that are no longer on our roster?
    No it won't, its only those currently on your roster you get this for. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whelp.  It's live.  Let's see what happened...
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX said:

• Your Bullseye (Dark Avengers) is level 120. You received a Bullseye (Classic) Black cover at level 115 before the change. You would have received 100 Bullseye (Classic) Shards at 119 with the change. So you will receive these Shards when the update happens to ensure you can continue progress to the next Bullseye (Classic) cover.

Now we have an exception! Some 4-Stars gained a new Champion reward! For these characters, you will gain the Cover reward at 280 if it has been reached. Then, you will gain the same rewards as detailed above for the current level of your Champion. In addition, you will gain 100 Shards per 250 Shard milestone you have passed. Meaning that if you have a level 317 Professor X (Charles Xavier), you will gain the 280 Cover, 100 Shards from having passed 315 where you are currently working towards a cover, and a bonus 100 Shards from having passed 300.

TLDR, if you would have missed Shards towards a cover but *haven’t yet received that cover in full*, you’ll get those Shards. So if you would have been working towards a cover before and now you’re working toward Shards, you’ll have the Shards up till then to equal the cover. As before, this also means that if you’ve gotten Shards from elsewhere, you’ll be even further on with snagging another cover!

This is a lot to digest, but we’re excited to bring this massive update to Champion Rewards to the game *this week*, and for players to start getting more Tokens and Shards for their additional covers they’re adding to their characters!

So I wouldn't get the 200 shards that I would have otherwise gotten at Level 115. Figured they wouldn't be quite that nice. This "250 shard milestone" is new however, I don't ever recall that being mentioned. That seems a weird milestone when you're only going to hit it once on the way to a 5-star cover, and then hitting twice means you're going to be award 100 shards towards a new cover that you might not necessarily want. I hope there are still more details to come on this. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm interpreting it as your 317 prof x will get these:

1 cover(280)
    500 shards (300)
    additional 100 shards
    additional 100 shards for 320 prof x

But your 360 Vulture is not going to get an additional

2500 5* Peter Park shards
    I agree with you.

It appears a max 4* who is a new feeder will get 500 total bonus shards.  So equals 7 total covers.

I wasn't expecting shards/covers if a feeder already existed.  I expected shards in any instance where a feeder didn't exist (3s, 4s and 5s).  Not sure if that is happening.  I need to get the slide rule out.
    It appears we were WAY wrong.  Wow, not good at all.  All I got for my 304 HB was 1 cover and 100 bonus shards.  I didn’t get the 500 I was expect for a NEW feeder. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Very stingy. Very stingy indeed. Got my ‘rewards’ which, compared to previous examples, were few and far between. I feel very let down by this. 

It wasn’t even as generous as the low-ball estimates. My lvl 307 cyclops gave me one cable cover and 100 shards. No 100 shards for the milestone at 300, even. Feeling seriously salty right now. 
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Instead of getting two Gambit covers from my Level 315 Rogue, I got one cover and 300 shards.  At that level, I should have gotten 600.  That's rather disappointing.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So glad that I got a 4*Prof yesterday from one of my season 10 packs, it got him to exactly 300...I was going to write something snarky about the rewards I just received, but...I just can't anymore.

This might be my "I'm quitting" post.
  • Momo988
    Momo988 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think I got shorted on the new feeders. My Iceman 4* is 318, so I should have received 750 shards. Instead I got 450. Similarly my level 320 PX4 and I only have 200 PX5 shard. 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow...that was not good. Night crawler was made primary reward from Angel but I received  0 covers. No secondary shards. People do have a right to be pissed now.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    not sure what happened here but both 4* ice, hulk buster and 4* px maxed (370) and only received 1 cover and 500 shards.  Was it not said we would receive all updated rewards for new feeders?
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So is this live now?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now we have an exception! Some 4-Stars gained a new Champion reward! For these characters, you will gain the Cover reward at 280 if it has been reached. Then, you will gain the same rewards as detailed above for the current level of your Champion. In addition, you will gain 100 Shards per 250 Shard milestone you have passed. Meaning that if you have a level 317 Professor X (Charles Xavier), you will gain the 280 Cover, 100 Shards from having passed 315 where you are currently working towards a cover, and a bonus 100 Shards from having passed 300.

TLDR, if you would have missed Shards towards a cover but *haven’t yet received that cover in full*, you’ll get those Shards. So if you would have been working towards a cover before and now you’re working toward Shards, you’ll have the Shards up till then to equal the cover. As before, this also means that if you’ve gotten Shards from elsewhere, you’ll be even further on with snagging another cover!

Unless another shoe is dropping, this is massively incorrect, @IceIX .
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, I agree some players got shortchanged for new feeders. The devs might want to look at this.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Huh. That was... something.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So the rewards for 2*s are still to come, I guess? I have a 144 and a 137 2* Bullseye and had zero shards for 3* Bullseye, and at the time of typing I am still at zero shards for 3* Bullseye.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    StevO-J said:
    So the rewards for 2*s are still to come, I guess? I have a 144 and a 137 2* Bullseye and had zero shards for 3* Bullseye, and at the time of typing I am still at zero shards for 3* Bullseye.
    I only got shards for 3* Spider-Man I think all the rewards are in one shot. We got majorly hosed